“Good Location in the heart of the city !” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre

Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre
Ranked #72 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Good Location in the heart of the city !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel is strategically located with metro station just 50 meters away. You get free shuttles every 5 mins to take a tour to any part of KL. The rooms are clean, good enough to accommodate a family of 4 and worth the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NovotelKLCC, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Namita270,

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Booked this a room in this hotel thru Le Club Accorhotels as I had a pleasant stay at Novotel Hong Kong, and therefore joined the Le Club Accorhotels Loyalty Membership.

I drove to the hotel and when i first pull up in front of the lobby, instead of helping me with my bags and luggage, he stood there and looked at me while i empty my trunk. As i needed to park the car, my friend had to struggle with the bags into the lobby herself before another service attendant ran out to help her.

At the reception, the staffs do not smile (which after observing thru out my stay that they only smile if you are Caucasian). They direct you to another counter even if they are just standing and doing nothing.

Then the room, the first thing that hit me was the moldy smell, next was the stains on the bedsheet. The toilet has stains too, and i kid you not there is a boogie on the wall right in front of the toilet bowl with hair sticking out of it, its room 2216 go check it out if any one from Novotel is reading this. I booked a room with king sized bed, what i got was 2 single bed joined together. So i called reception, and they tell me that is a king sized bed, all their king size bed in the hotel is 2 single bed joined together to make one king bed. The only proper king bed they have is in their junior suite. I called Le Club to ask clear this up as the website specifically put King sized bed, I was told that there was nothing Le Club can do, I asked for a more senior staff to speak to and ask for a refund so I can still change a hotel at that point of time, but I was told to talk to the hotel staff bout this. I was then ask to call an Australia number to contact guest relations, where i was on hold for close to 20 minutes without speaking to any real person at all at my own phone expense.
I gave up and when down to the reception to resolve this as there was still time to change hotel, I was told by the staff that there was nothing they can do as LeClub took the booking. After some negotiating they decide to move us to the suite what they promised "a proper King sized bed".
I was really hungry after the long drive and issues so i took their words for it and went out to eat right after i shift my bags. When i came back at night and lay on the bed, it felt weird, so i opened up the bedsheet and realized that the bed was actually 2 single bed properly covered with a topper to look like one king bed, and there were ants on the dressing table. I called the duty manager, Steve Chua, who I must say is really sincere and earnest in helping us. He shifted us to another room and apologize for the "miscommunication" by his staff and said that they really do not have a real king size bed in their hotel. At that point, it was too late for me to change another hotel, but due to Steve's sincerity i decided to take his offer of the new room and stayed on.

Breakfast was edible, utensils are dirty. When the guests leaves, the waiter does not clean up what he considers clean on the table. For example, if the spoon looks untouched, he leaves it for the next guest.

A 4- star hotel without any real king size or queen size beds in their building, and such low cleanliness level in all aspects, I believe budget hotels have better standards. With that price range, there are definitely other hotels with much higher standard in that area with equal accessibility.

Despite all these, Steve is really an earnest and sincere duty manager whom actually bothered to come up to you room and meets you face to face and talk to you to understand your problems, after calling you to make sure you are okay with the new room. If there's any reason why novotel kl shd be rated 4 stars or higher, it would be because of him.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank QYL
NovotelKLCC, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear QYL,

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate your honesty in letting us know your experience.
We do apologize over the confusion on the bed type which evidently led to much inconvenience. Our guests should be able to enjoy a good night's rest however because of this issue you did not manage to do so. Your compliment on Steve is well noted, he definitely deserves a praise in our next meeting with the Front Office Manager. We wish to inform you we will be upgrading our mattresses, pillows and shower heads for your comfort.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to Novotel KL

Best regards

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Dordrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nearby the Petronas Twin Towers and directly at the Pavillion mall. Good, modern hotel and nice, clean rooms. After a day KL, the small pool is nice and the shower and bed makes you ready to continue exploring KL or traveling in Malaysia!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bert W
Dear Bert W,

Sincerely
Purmerend, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a very pleasant stay. The room was nice and the staff friendly and very dedicated. Location was perfect to explore the City. The food in the Restaurant was very good and the service friendly. We can recommend this Hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Sabine P,