“wonderful stay”

Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #9 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 21, 2013

had a great stay at this hotel which is located right in the heart of the city. awesome view of the petronas towers and nearby shopping mall. Hotel is located maybe 10minutes from train station. excellent customer service, rooms were very clean, beautiful large bathroom with great shower and bath. delicious food at the hotel restaurant and nice skybar lounge area. came here on our wedding anniversary, and they gave us wonderful small bouquet of flowers and delicious dessert sent to our room the night we arrived. would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan_C_Diago, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear lia p

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Congratulations on hitting a milestone together as a couple. It is the strategic location, view and services that guests chose us for and I'm glad to know that we hit all criteria for you. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team as we continue to work on our service delivery process.

Thank you once again for your kind compliments.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nice hotel with a great view of the Petronas twin towers and walking distance to KLCC.
Near to Pavilion and Lot 10 too.
Rooms/Service/breakfast/parking are good.
Went there on Singapore's National Day and was given 2 cup cakes with SG flags on. Very thoughtful.
Not forgetting there is free flow wine, beer, drinks and food in the lounge from ~5pm onwards. Love it!
Would definitely return to Traders when I return to KL.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank howzZerr
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I thought I had already written a review of this hotel or I would have written sooner. My wife and I stayed there in late august 2013 for 2 nights.There was a slight hiccup at the reception when we found we had been allocated a fairly low floor. We had booked a towers facing, one bed room suite, with traders lounge access and had assumed that this would be a room on the top floors. It turns out that every floor has a one bedroom suite on each floor. When we requested a higher floor the girl said she would see what she could do. After a short while she took us up to the traders lounge and we had a drink whist we waited.After a short while we were introduced to a wonderful young lady named Karen(Felds, I think.)who was the service manager. She told us that she had arranged a room on the 20th floor and it would ready shortly. She returned promptly and escorted us the room. The room was sensational with an outstanding view. Karen spent some time with us explaining the different services that the hotel offered .When she left we discovered a box of chocolates and some fruit with a short note of apology for the delay in room placement from her. That was not really necessary as we were unaware of the facts on booking and not requested a high floor in our original booking, but was never the less appreciated. The view from the bed was sensational as it faced the towers and we slept with the curtain open and they had the decency to turn of the lights at midnight and we slept soundly.The traders lounge was great and we were always greeted fondly by Karen and her staff. Karen would come over to our table ask if there was any thing we wanted or needed and could not have been a better ambassador for the hotel. The food,service,housekeeping was first class throughout our short stay and well worth the money we spent.It was a wonderful way to top off our 5 week trip to Malaysia and Thailand.It was the best hotel we stayed in of the eight we stayed in on this trip. Once again thank you Karen and your great team for an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite with tower view and traders lounge is the only choice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear malcolm d

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Glad to know that the slight hiccup was sorted out promptly. I cannot be prouder of the team for their efforts in making your stay comfortable and enjoyable. It truly shows from your review. I'm most honoured to have you rate us so highly as the best hotel you have stayed in during your trip.

Thank you for your commendation and for your feedback.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Traders Hotel Is a classy hotel right near the Petronas Towers. It is clean and the staff are very helpful. The standard room is basic but a good size, and the complimentary chupa chups and daily newspaper are well appreciated. The bathroom has a full range of toiletries and towels are changed daily if you require.
The daily breakfast was a huge spread although the cooked eggs and bacon looked a bit gross so I stuck with toast, fruit and yoghurt. The donuts at the cake stand are amazing!
The buggy rides to Suria KlCC were brilliant,the wait time was never more than 10 minutes and saved from walking the heat.
We were also able to use the gym showers to freshen up before our flight.
Sky bar is cool, but overrated - the drinks were expensive and so strong it was undrinkable. The pool was freezing cold and the nightly DJ played terrible music. Cringeworthy.
My only complaints about Traders is perhaps the location - it would be good if there was a nearby 7/11 or convenience store for water supplies. The bed was also very hard (is this a thing in Asia?). But overall a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a soft bed
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of September. I arrived about 10 am, so well before the usual check-in time. I was given the use of a computer in a sort waiting room but my room was made available in about half an hour. Excellent and always helpful staff. I had a spacious and comfortable room with all the usual inclusions overlooking a park and with a fantastic view of the nearby Petronas Towers An excellent bathroom. The business centre was great with a number of computers always available. I didn't use any of the restaurants so I can't comment on these. I did have an in-room continental breakfast one morning which was disappointing because of the expected croissants and pastries I got a few slices of toast. Perhaps I didn't read the menu options properly. There is a regular shuttle from the hotel to the Petronas Towers and shopping centre which is very helpful but of course these are only a 5 minute walk away. I have to say that this is generally an excellent hotel but for me it lacked a bit of atmosphere. This is a very personal thing of course. Overall I was happy staying at the Traders a couple of days.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2013

First time to the hotel, I choose ovee the Shangri La, gald I did stayed a few times Shangri LA KL, this was equally as good and better pricing.

Quite area, away from the dodgy strip near the Shangri La.

Happy I choose this hotel, great Executive lounge very big, a bonus also, well catered for.

101% happy.

Room Tip: We had a room on he conrer very very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear monoz

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Being part of the Shangri-La group of Hotels and Resorts, we provide the same quality of service just with different brand DNAs. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations leading to what sounds like a truly blissful stay. Looking forward to your next stay with us.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the start of our Far East Holiday, having travelled extensively and stayed in some fantastic hotels, we like to book the best hotels we can find to ensure our holidays are enjoyed both in and out of the hotel environment. We booked this hotel for the brand and location and were not disappointed. Our room was not ready on arrival but as we had booked a club room we were given access to the lounge where we were looked after very well. When we checked into our room that afternoon, there was a birthday cake waiting for me - the hotel had realised it was birthday weekend, it was a really lovely touch and made us feel treated like individuals. The hotel service was fabulous, nothing was too much trouble. The location cannot be beaten - nothing is too far away and the views of the Petronas Towers are breathtaking. The breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails and canapes in the club lounge were extensive and you could easily have a full meal at each occassion. The rooftop pool was worth visiting, tho it can get very hot and humid up there. We went while there was a heavy rainstorm which was interesting seeing the rain pour in! We didn't go to the skybar as we had the club lounge which was only one level below with the same amazing views. The room was much larger than we expected, the shower was the best shower I have ever had! Literally everything about this hotel could not be beaten, service with a smile constantly and on my birthday, I received more Happy Birthdays from the staff and another cake appeared in our room! I am so glad we booked this hotel, it made our stay unbeatable. Thank you to all the staff of the hotel and in particular to Jaimie who worked in the club lounge and offered constant great service, great smile, taught us some Malay and Chinese whilst we were there and was possibly the member of staff who made our stay reach 100%. We would have no doubts in recommending this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend paying a little extra to have a club room with a towers view - you will...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan_C_Diago, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear babychicks333

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We strive to make each and every stay as memorable as possible and I'm glad we did just that for you. Your observations of our efforts are most encouraging. As we continually work on improving our service delivery process, it is compliments just as yours that show we are on the right track. Happy to know that the two of you had such a fantastic stay with us.

Thank you once again and a Happy Belated Birthday.