“Love this hotel!”

Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #9 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This is my second visit to the traders and it still remains one of my favourite hotels in the world!
The view of the towers from your room is amazing! The poolside bar is great and the breakfast has the biggest choice of all varieties of dishes ever!
Highly highly recommended for those wanting excellent service and a great location in KL.

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel when visiting KL for the weekend. I requested an airport transfer when making my booking, provided my flight details and arrival time, but there was no driver to be found as I left the arrivals hall and I had to go back inside and stand in line to buy a taxi voucher.

I arrived at the hotel about 10:00pm and asked when I checked in if the restaurants were still open and was told I had until 10:30 to order. So after quickly checking my room on the 16th floor (which offered a stunning view of the towers) I made my way to the Grill only to be told 'yes madam we are open, but no we can't serve you'!!?

Not impressed.

Room Tip: There is no need to pay extra to get a good view or photos of the towers. You can pay less and go u...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed in a deluxe room that was very modern and spacious. We took the Mercedes transfer option and we were taken directly to our room for check in, which I thought was a nice touch. Every staff member greeted us regardless of department they worked in, which in my opinion is very professional. From 8am everyday there is a buggy that takes you to and from the hotel to the Suria KLCC shopping mall. Check out was very quick and the staff's friendliness continued to the very last minute of our stay. The only down side was the breakfast, very hit and miss. Once again the staff were friendly but the food was cold on some days. We are early rises and we were always there early, so unsure why the food was cold. So maybe for breakfast have a look at the dome cafe at Suria KLCC, opens at 8am. Regardless, we would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nick F
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days, arriving from Melbourne. Flights from Melbourne to KL are horrible as I arrived earlier than the standard check-in time. The hotel (with prior notice) was able to accommodate my early check-in so I was immensely happy! The check-in itself was seamless and the staff are so pleasant! There are no "airs and graces" to the hotel. Just a modern, functional hotel staffed by the most pleasant crew. I have stayed in a good deal of hotels across asia and I would consider this hotel as one of my favourite experiences. Other reviews and the star-rating speaks for itself.

The room: my room was 1129 facing the petronas towers. It was a decent room, modern and well kept but showing wear and tear, particularly in the shower where a fallen off tile had not be replaced. Also had good amenities.

Breakfast was tasty, with an array of different cusines.

Location: A short walk to the "skywalk" via the convention centre connects you with the golden triangle in KL where you can shop till you drop. It's a good mix of brand-name retail vs cheap, western cafes, international cusines and street food heaven - Jalan Alor. The slight challenge is for people with limited mobility as getting around can be tiresome - it certainly was for an able-bodied person - but the hotel provides a buggy service as described in other reviews.

Tip:
The Isetan store in Suria Plaza is amazing with the selection of Japanese food.

Regarding the view - you can get a decent view on level 33. No need to go to the Petronas Observatory unless you really want to.

The hotel is not in convenient access points to the rail, but not such a big deal really for able bodied people.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mellies_world01
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here last minute for 2 nights and what a fantastic choice! Views are amazing of the Petronas towers and the pool is great to sit by and have a cocktail. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean, quiet and spacious with all the essentials you need. Location is fabulous for food and shopping in KL. One of my favourite hotels in the world, and I am returning in April for 2 nights :)

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at its fantastic sister hotel - Shang-ri La last year so I would think this hotel was a good choice but ended-up with disappointment. Its room was bland with simple furniture. Pool was not nice as attaching with the bar. I wonder how hygienic it was when the bar was closed very late. The next morning, the smell of cleaning products was very strong.
No turn downing, no welcome fruit.

Breakfast was great with lots of choices, staff were very efficient. Room service was nice, concierge was helpful to book a taxi for us to the airport.

I won't return this hotel but yes!!! for its Shang-ri La

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveladdictor_VN
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good hotel and value for money. Location was very important and there was no upgrade or any extras thrown in for honeymoon couples. It said this is part of Shangri la hotel but comparing to the Golden Sands resort by Shangri la, this was not at their standard at all. They didnt even take frequent flyer numbers as it says on hotel page itself.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com