Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
The Westin Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$144
  • Restaurant
$71
$101
  • Pool
ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$88
$70
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
$86
Furama Bukit Bintang(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
$59
$54
  • Pool
Ramada Suites Kuala Lumpur City Centre(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
$81
$50
Agoda.com
10,341 results
All reviewssky bartwin towersbuggy servicegobo chit chatgobo upstairsclub roomklcc parktower view roompark viewtop floorconvention centerour honeymooncocktail hourswimming poolfantastic hotelfree shuttlebusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Last February I stayed three nights with my husband in this hotel that we chose precisely for its location. In order to enjoy it it's absolutely recommandable a room facing the Petronas Towers because the view is really fantastic. We found only positive aspects in the room and in the quality of the service. I cannot comment on the restaurant because,as our breakfast consists only in coffee and croissant, we usually go to the nearest Starbucks and we take the meals during the visit of the town. We appreciated very much the garden between the hotel and the Suria, the nice mall under the Petronas.This park can be crossed with a pleasant walk or in alternative using the complimentary shuttle of the hotel. In case of rain (very frequent) there is also a covered passage. In the evening we watched also a nice show of dancing fountains. On the whole we spent a pleasant stay in this hotel that we considered good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Wonderful hotel,staff so obliging cannot do enough for you. Check in in Club very fast, just what was needed after 7 hours on the train from Singapore. I hard Branson does not need to worry about competition . First Class ????.
Sky Bar is spectacular but watch your drink, recommend bottle beer or wine we were very suspicious of our G and Ts.
Pool great no one swimming views stunning . View of the Towers is the greatest ever

Room Tip: Tower view upgrade to club via golden circle
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I had a day to kill in KL, and have done a lot of the touristy things many times before, so thought I'd try out traders for the day.

Started with breakfast- this is really superb. The choice is great, and staff were v friendly and helpful. It was v easy to have breakfast as a 'walk in' rather than staying guest- price was about £15. Food was great- as much breakfast fodder as one could ever need!

I was a but early for my spa treatments, and the v helpful chap at the spa desk said I could use steam room/sauna while I waited. I asked if I could go use the pool- he said of course, and told me how to go about getting a locker from the pool guys.

However the pool guys, while polite, are very dozy, and said I couldn't use the pool. Then they changed their minds. All rather odd. The sky bar is all around the pool- more on that below.

Then went off to have my treatments in the spa, which were EXCELLENT. Had a light massage, full body scrub, head massage, facial, mani and pedi. I could not fault a thing- all brilliant, great surroundings, lovely staff. Good value too- all of that came to about £160 (cheap compared to UK). Only thing- the bill said service was included (10%)- just hope this gets passed onto staff.

Wanted to let my nails totally dry, so went back to sky bar for a cocktail and a snack. Cocktail ok, food poor. And no fresh juices up there. Service just dreadful- especially bringing me the card machine to put my pin in, but with no indication on the machine as to how much I was signing away. My credit card was kept for about 20 mins while the bar staff faffed around (I hate that). Meanwhile the bar itself is not the super slick haunt I thought it would be, and the staff up there don't add to that atmosphere. It's a shame as they let down what is otherwise a v slick hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Gemma050982
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Traders Hotel, not for traders only but also everyone who is looking for a nice and simple hotel stay in the central of Kuala Lumpur. (no pun intended)

Upsides:
Clean room and toilet
Fast wifi connection
Central and strategic location (just next to KLCC)
Buggy service is provided from hotel to KLCC and vice-versa

Downsides:
Pool is too small for my liking
Skybar is always overcrowded
Expensive dinings
Small main reception
Check-in process took too damn long!

Nonetheless, I would still recommende this hotel to all my friends for the sake of its amazing location and very clean room!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I visit KL on business several times a year for up to 6 weeks at a time and always stay at the Traders if possible. There are many reviews of this hotel so here are just a couple of personal notes:

Best bits: Skybar (not surprising) with friendly staff. Can be pricey so ask what the specials of the day are - about half the price. Ladies drink free on Wednesdays between 6-9pm (now thats not fair :-) ). I like the spa on teh floor above

Fair bits: the rooms are generally pretty good but the view can be grim if you get the wrong one. The Park View rooms overlooking the Petronas Towers are quite stunning but at a premium price. City View rooms generally look directly into somone elses window, especially if you are opposite the Exxon office, but this is general problem anywhere in KL. Room service is on time but the menu is a bit limited

Poor bits: The Lobo Chat restaurant is just too cramped. If you get a table in the central floor area you are literally rubbing elbows with the next person. Don't just accept the table yiou are taken to. Ask for a table at the side or in a cubicle - they are usually available - and teh staff are very friendly. The problem seems to be that the staff like to populate specific parts of the restauirant first. Perhaps it makes it easier for cleaning. Shame really as the food is excellent. The premium Traders Lounge is a dissapointment - very plain. Checkout can be a bit chaotic so allow time. I've had luggage lost between the checkout on the 5th floor and the lobby! Also double check your transport if you book an airport transfer as sometimes the message gets lost and the taxi or limo is not there!

Room Tip: Be very selective where your room is if you want any sort of decent view from the window. When the hotel was first bulit there were good views from pretty well anywhere but not now as a multitude of tower blocks have sprung up cheek by jowl with teh hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business