“Almost Excellent”

Ranked #9 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Wellington, New Zealand
“Almost Excellent”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We took a Traders Club twin tower view room and had a great experience from check in really. Nice staff in the Traders Club and just in time for the eveing cocktail hour!

Beautiful room, clean, well appointed, modern bathroom with supplies like an emery board, laundry powder, toothpaste etc and some nice water pressure in the shower. An excellent breakfast buffet which even had a chocolate fountain for those chocaholics out there! We also had the dinner buffet which was varied and delicious. The hotel is halal so no pork products though I can thoroughly recommend all of the food especially the truffle mash potatoes. So good I severely broke my low carb diet there!! Also a great location and friendly staff all through the hotel.

Downside...the bed was like a slab of concrete. And yes, I know that beds in Asia are firm, I have been in a few of them myself. We also have a firm bed at home, love me a firm bed! This bed however was back breakingly firm. Each morning I woke up with major back and neck pain (my fiance also) that didn't ease until after I had a hot shower and did some stretches/moving about. I don't suffer from a bad back or anything either. The pillows to match the concrete slab were super soft and limp feather which added to the pain really. We managed to get some different pillows but I am glad we didn't stay there any longer than 3 nights. I would need a room with a more modern and comfortable bed as this one looked very old upon investigation and strangely exactly like the beds used in the NZ Prison system...so yeah sleep quality was horrendous.

Other than that we really did love the Traders Hotel. The Skybar was fantastic, delicious bar snack food up there, chicken wings were boss! And well priced drinks with a daily special not to mention just plain awesome atmosphere! I really didn't want to leave...well as long as I could change to a different bed anyway. If I could have that then I would move into this hotel!

It was almost a 5/excellent rating but the bed was just too bad to ignore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,355)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed there as a couple in february during chinese new year and we loved it. The view from our room was simply astounding, the room nice and couy, the bar in the pool area very trendy. The shuttle to the KLCC mall very convenient and the park in front very nice. Its conveniently located. It was definitely value for our money.

Room Tip: Its got to be a room with a view on the patronas towrs!
1 Thank Kai_vienna
Chile
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel nailed it from the beginning! We had the pick-up service, and it was first class. When we arrived at the Hotel, they immediately checked us in, and sent our baggage to the room.

Room was very comfortable, excellent bed, excellent bathroom, lots of amenities, and the view was astonishing...Petronas just for us!

We had all of our meals at the hotel, food was quite good, and the buffet had so many things to try! For breakfast I preferred the á la carte choice, since I always pick up the same things on a buffet. It was great!

Staff there make you feel like you're a VIP, very attentive and helpful.

There's nothing bad to say about this place, I'm so happy we chose Traders

Room Tip: Ask for a Petronas view room
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed at the Traders last week. Nice hotel, rooms are fine, average service. Located close to a shopping mall, which is convenient for meals. Pool is weird, kind of in the middle of the bar. Airport transfer is really expensive - don't order it from the hotel; instead take a taxi, all very safe. Very slow Internet access, when it worked......

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oakland, California
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was one our world-wide best stays. The location cannot be beat. The service, especially the concierge desk. We paid $135/night

Seek a room as high as possible on the Twin-Towers side.

For the money, this was a steal. The only issue could be that the roof-top pool area is quite warm/hot. We did not eat dinner in the hotel, but did alacarte the breakfast.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a Twin-Towers side view room as high as you'd like. We were on the 9th floor, and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan Carlos D, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear jwhitehouse

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am most honoured to know that this has been one of the best hotels you have stayed in. The location and services are what makes travellers return for more and I am very happy to know that we exceeded your expectations. Sharing your comment with the team, they too, feel the same way.

Thank you for your feedback.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriends on the weekend of March 1 - 3 as a get-away weekend.

I was the one who did all the booking with the hotel, considering that my own family of 5 have stayed here a few times I did not have hesitation to recommend the hotel to my friends. The experience we gained from our previous stays were good enough reasons to even not look elsewhere regardless of the price.

The booking went very smoothly and my request were well accommodated. We were even upgraded to 2 connecting rooms with the magnificent view of the Petrona Twin Towers (Room 2113 and Room 2115)

The breakfast offered many selections and we were satisfied each time.

The hotel is within walking distance to KLCC (Petrona Towers), a 5- minutes walk from the hotel, and for the hot summer days, you can even walk through the convention centre which will lead you all the way to KLCC. Another bonus for those who hate to walk is that the hotel offers complimentary buggy which offers service to and from every 5 minutes from 10am to 10pm. The hotel fronts a huge park where you can do jog, or walk, exercise. And for those with kids there is a huge free water park and a great playground to entertain the young ones. A good park to just sit down and have a relaxing picnic. The hotel is within walking distance to other major malls like Pavilion and others. Very well located.

The check-out went very smoothly and when I requested for a late check-out, they gave us until 2pm which was very generous, you hardly get that from other hotels without being charged.

Considering all of us are well-traveled and have stayed in many hotels globally especially in Asia, one thing this hotel is lacking is the expected Asian hospitality, where they would normally give you a welcome refreshing drink or a cold towel or even fruit bowl/ plate that waits for you in the room, none of these. I actually joked around when we checked in and asked where the welcome drinks were, and the front desk just smiled and said none... perhaps something to look into Traders!

Other than this, great stay!

Room Tip: Room 2113 and Room 2115
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear moverskami

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Firstly, welcome back. It is always good to have familiar faces with us again. Being a business-oriented hotel, we understand the needs of our travellers who expect a speedy check-in and check-out process. We do however, offer welcome drinks at our Traders Club Lounge. I would strongly recommend our Traders Club floor rooms as they are great value for the benefits you receive.

Our breakfast spreads come highly recommended and I am glad that you enjoyed it. Our chefs take pride in the selection available. As for our location, it definitely is a unique selling point of the hotel; alongside the services provided and view of the stunning Petronas Twin Towers.

I thank you for being such a great ambassador to the hotel and look forward to your next stay with us.

Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had booked this hotel through Thomson shortly before our travel date.

Upon arrival we upgraded from City View to Towers View - for the cost of £22 per night each not only did we get a suite for the two of us but also the upgrade included as much as we could eat from 2pm to 4pm, upgraded breakfast over looking the towers with eggs cooked to order (try the eggs benedict) and everyday from 5pm to 7pm as much soft or alcoholic drinks and food that you could consume. This all took place in the lounge area on one of the very high floors. You could sit and watch the towers turn on as the sun sert. It was amazing value for money.

The room was fab and as it was a corner one, all glass on one side with excellent views from our bed. Bathroom enormous with fluffy towels and gowns, lots of lovely bath freebies, and so quiet.

The staff were extremely attentive and pleasant the whole stay. Very helpful with luggage, food, tips on where to go, taxis etc. Nothing was too much for them.

I would highly recommend this splendid hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a tower room for all the bonus bits!
2 Thank jacqui821
Dear jacqui821

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us immensely. Also very pleased to know that you took the upgrade to a Traders Club floor room. For the benefits we provide, it is great value to be staying on our Traders Club floor. It is our mission to provide a memorable experience to all our guests ensuring their comfort is always priority. I am glad we did that.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback; it is proof that we are on the right track.