Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
$91
$225
$182
Great 4.5/5
JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$177
$94
$72
  • Restaurant
$92
$87
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
$78
Travelocity
$126
$102
10,333 results
All reviewssky bartwin towersbuggy servicegobo chit chatgobo upstairsclub roomklcc parktower view roompark viewtop floorconvention centerour honeymooncocktail hourswimming poolfantastic hotelfree shuttlebusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Langkawi for 3 nights, booked through Thomas Cook, UK. This is a very smart hotel, obvious care taken over the decoration and general ambience, and it all works well. The hotel is well sited for the Petronas towers which has an underground railway station in the basement, and for the KL Conference Centre. Under the CC there are fast food restaurants and the start of a walkway to the Pavilion Shops, Bars and Restaurants.
Rooms are a good size, always clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries.
The breakfast dining area is first class and caters for all nationalities and cuisines, the choices are amazing, and all good.
There are other restaurants in the hotel, but we could find no obvious details on these, no menus or locations posted as far as we could see. Not a problem for us as we like to eat out, but I imagine these would be good quality as well.
Swimming pool is virtually top of the hotel, can’t remember floor, and gives good views of the towers. Be aware the pool is in the middle of the Bar so you may be in your swimming trunks while everyone else is in ball gowns and suits.
Enjoyable stay.
We were told by our agent we had a "City" view. Be aware that a "City" view means just that. We had a "City" view that was 2 building sites and an unoccupied office block. It does not mean a view of the Twin Towers.

Room Tip: Be aware that a "City" view means just that. We had a "City" view that was 2 building sites and an unoccupied office block. It does not mean a view of the Twin Towers.
5  Thank PQRBromley
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and i stayed over night at "The Traders" going and coming back from
Borneo! The staff were lovely, hotel is very nice and our rooms were lovely. The views of the Petronas Towers were breathtaking... And all lit up at night were fantastic..Unfortunately we didn`t have enough time to go to the top of them..The Skylight bar (right on the top of the hotel) was awesome with a swimming pool and gym ..with plenty of seating next to the windows and spectacular views of the Towers! There is a shopping complex right underneath the Towers with all your designer wear..and plenty of places to eat.just outside..But beware there are service charges on all meals,which can be quite expensive!We had a walk and found a few bars..some are a bit seedy!! One of the bars that we went in had a shark swimming around in a tank which i wasn`t impressed with (being an animal lover the tank was far too small) But that didn`t put us off at all! We would definately stay here again (as one night wasn`t long enough)
So all good and Thank you Kuala Lumpur!

1  Thank HAZEL904
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I loved this hotel, thought it was better than the Shangri-La. We stayed in a club room with tower view. You could almost touch the towers.

We found the club advantages fantastic. Access to lounge with complimentary drinks, breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails.

Modern. Lush room and bathroom. Fantastic selection at the buffet breakfast. All staff extremely friendly and welcoming. Superfast lifts. There are buggies that can take you to the KLCC mall, but the walk is 5-10min. Handy subway station at the mall. The gym looked good but I could face it.

The sky bar is cool but odd as well. There is a mix of swimmers in their tight trunks and the cool kids dressed to impress at the bar. Good music.

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Go club and tower view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan Carlos D, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Schwinglo

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur definitely has the best view in town. Not only did you book our best seller, our Traders Club benefits make it good value-for-money. It is the efficiency coupled with simplicity, practicality and versatility that we strive for and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Juan Carlos Diago

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visited this hotel 4 years ago and the first place, I visited was the "iconic" Sky Bar. To be honest, I wasnt very impressed with the service.

However, when I decided to return to the hotel in 2011, I was so impressed with
a) The service from the concierge to the housekeeping
b) I was very impressed with the restaraunt who serves daily breakfast. Not only the staff were so alert, fast and yet with HIGH EQ, the chef will even hellped me to get me the orange juice as the crowd was so overwhelming. To be fair to the team of this outlet, I have to give them "Excellent Service" with SMILE despite the tremendous pressure from the guests with requirements
c) Skybar - another "thumb up". After the bad experience from the floor staff, I returned to this place 4 years later and impressed weith 360 degree changes! The service was excellent, the staff were highly motivated and serve with a SMILE... the music was different and not so "drilling" which can drive us up the wall...and its indeed a nice place for unwind, celebration etc. Set aside the twin towers, I am amazed with the hard work of the team and also I must thanked Lingam and concierge guy - who went all out to help me to make my special day an eventful despite being immobile.

Team of Traders KL - Keep it up and I am impressed and last and not least, Wei Lynn who's from corporate sales but her professionalism in handling corporate customers differ from others.

Good Job!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Jaz Y

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Firstly, welcome back. I am pleased that your second trip, this changed and your stay was most enjoyable and memorable. It is our mission to delight our guests every time by creating engaging experiences straight from our hearts from a simple "hello" to pre-empting the needs ot our guests. I thank you for referencing Wei Lynn in particular. She is definitely one of our gems in the Sales & Marketing team. Her efforts will most certainly be celebrated.

Thank you once again for your endorsement and I look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards

Juan Carlos Diago

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this very central city hotel. From the outset, we were impressed with the truly outstanding courtesy and professionalism of the staff. Every single person greeted us with a smile, and nothing we asked for was too much trouble. The hotel itself is very well appointed, our room on Level 27 with views of the Towers was terrific, so I can strongly recommend asking for a Towers view room.
Buffet breakfast as part of the Traders Club was a treat, generous buffet and well maintained. Again the waiters at the restaurants were very polite and helpful.
The concierge is another person who must really be mentioned for his outstanding helpfulness.He always took the time to answer our questions and offer advice.
Although we didn't find time to go to the Sky bar at night I would have to say it would look amazing as it sure looked great when we visited in the morning- the views of the majestic Petronas Towers would be a breathtaking night scene.
Traders is perfectly located, very near the KLCC. We walked there most of the time, but they do run a free shuttle service if you're feeling too lazy !
To conclude, Traders is great, and particularly for mature couples ( 40+) who, like me, would rather not stay at a hotel overrun with young families and screaming children. There are certainly other hotels in KL which are seem to cater to that demographic.
Professional, well-appointed, a dignified air, plus quality service...I can recommend Traders KL unreservedly.