“Great Location and What a View..”

Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #8 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Sydney
“Great Location and What a View..”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Took me a while to write this review..

Travelled with my wife and our 3 yr old and stayed in Jan for 1+3 nights before and after trip to Langkawi..Great location, next to Petronas Tower and very close to the night markets..Got a great deal online through their website and stayed for 1 night in the Executive Tower view room and then for 3 in the Twin Towers View suite..

Highly recommend this hotel, very friendly staff and would also recommend the upgrade to Traders club as it has an excellent spread..service in the club was a bit slow as it was a full house. Kids park next to the hotel was a hit with our daughter who enjoyed it immensely..

Would like to commend the Traders Club staff as inspite of a busy weekend were able to arrange a window table for me and a couple of my friends on the pool side bar with some excellent "jugalbaandi' (fusion) music..

Will definitely stay there again..

Room Tip: Would recommend Executive Tower view room over the suite as it is more practical.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Roy J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,315)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the Traders Hotel for three nights in early October. My flight arrived early in the morning and despite notifying the hotel my room was not ready until the regular check in time. But, the staff did go out of their way to ensure I had somewhere comfy to sit, access to the free wifi, a complimentary breakfast and constant free beverages (tea, coffee and soft drinks) until my room was ready. I was then escorted to the door and given a tour of my room and shown how everything worked. What a room! So comfortable, clean and the view! As recommended on here, I paid the extra for a view of the Towers and it was fabulous....I slept with the curtains open at night to make the most of it! The breakfasts were great, as was the complimentary afternoon tea. The staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble (they even pushed lift buttons when they saw you walking across the lobby so you could walk straight into a lift without waiting!!). The doormen and concierge were knowledgeable and always advised you as to how much you should be paying to get to your destination when catching taxis. The free shuttle to KLCC was always full when I tried to catch it, but it wasn't far too walk. The closest train station is in KLCC, and the hop on-hop off bus has a stop between Traders and KLCC.
What I loved most:
* the view
* the friendly and helpful staff
* the shower head...awesome!
* the extra touches eg. international power board/adaptors, chupa chups on my towel, etc
What I liked least:
* the noise from the Sky bar (I stayed a Friday/Saturday/Sunday night and as other reviewers have mentioned the Sky bar is loud on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm a heavy sleeper so once I was asleep it didn't bother me, but if you're a light sleeper, you'd be pissed!)
* I ate dinner late one night at the restaurant and had a bad belly for the next few days. Food tasted great, service was great, but, yeah...it wasn't so great the next day.
Despite this, I'd stay again without hesitation. I just wouldn't eat dinner at the restaurant again. There are plenty of other options close by! I didn't use the pool or attend the free cocktail sessions. I was always busy, out and about. Oh, and the fruit arranged artistically on the fancy little plate, is edible. I thought those pears were wax until on the third day they turned into plums!! LOL!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JayjayFennel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Traders is situated right opposite the Petonas Towers in the centre of Kuala Lumpur. Initially I had requested a room on a lower floor as hubby is not to enamoured of heights. In fact we were given a room on 23rd floor, which, so long as he didn't go too close to the window, was absolutely fine. The bed was big and very comfortable, and the shower was a rain shower that cane straight down from the ceiling. Gorgeous.
We used the swimming pool which was situated on floor 33. It was fairly small, but we got a bit of exercise in. This floor became the cocktail bar at night. The cocktails seemed rather expensive, and the music was too "boom boom boom" for my taste, so I didn't stay long!
We used room service on both nights we were there, and were very satisfied. Our food was delivered on a fully laid table, and was of good quality. Breakfast was of a buffet type, with plently of choice. On our second morning, we had to leave for the airport at 6.30, and the hotel did us a carry out box of breakfast pastries, fruit and juice as breakfast came as part of our deal.
For a short stopover break, I would recommend the Traders. The only down side is that it is almost an hours drive from the airport which makes taxi fares quite expensive. A one night stay could work out more than you budget for because of this.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: A "Towers view" room is a defite bonus. We looked out in the other direction, which was a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley H
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Well, I have to say, everything looks fine here. We got one of the "Club" or "Level" rooms, which supposedly had advantages with respect to the standard rooms. The room itself was OK, not very big but comfortable enough. They have a decent spa and we had a very nice massage. The main problem is the service. At the reception, we were not treated very kindly, and we had to wait for 45 minutes before our room was ready. Once we got to our room, our luggage was delivered by the staff 3 hours later! In addition, the breakfast was not as good as one would expect. Too many people waiting, too many members of the staff running around doing nothing and not answering questions or not serving at all. It was a disappointment. We won't repeat again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jlolailo
Milton Keynes
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at Traders for three nights enroute to Bali from UK. The hotel is centrally located offering a fantasic view of the Petronas Towers which are situated directly opposite. If you can, try and get one of the 'Tower view' rooms, it is really something just to look out on the Towers, especially at night.
The hotel is sleek, modern, friendly and efficient. Could not fault the accommodation, the service and the food was outstanding. Try the evening buffet, the spread is probably the best we have encountered anywhere.
The hotel is located adjacent to the Convention Center and therefore there were a large number of business guests as well as tourists. Only criticism was that the whole complex was a bit claustrophobic, a totally air-conditioned environment. The hotel lacked any external amenities, a pool area with some loungers and sun-shades would have been nice, even if the temp and humidity were a 'bit' on the high side.

Room Tip: Traders Club will give you a room on the higher floors with Towers view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a top quality hotel, located ideally for the Convention Center and the Towers. The staff could not be more helpful. Wherever you walk, there is someone to assist you. Rooms are excellent and clean with a nice bed. The breakfast is as good as can be. Full marks

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We are travelling around Asia and have used tripadivser as our guide. This was our first stop after a long flight from England and wanted a relaxing and special hotel, and with the view if the towers and the efficient service this is what we got. With it still being in rainy season the fact there is a concourse all around the square was great and meant we could get to the closets metro with our luggage and stay dry. Service was what I expected and so was room. Clean and spacious. Only problem we encountered was no hash browns with our breakfast that was advertised, but as we did not want to ruin our stay we chose not to complain, but to make the review accurate we wanted to write it here. We really enjoyed our stay in traders and Kuala Lumpur, and if we were ever to go back we would be happy to use them again.

1 Thank bonfire3