I stayed at the Traders Hotel for three nights in early October. My flight arrived early in the morning and despite notifying the hotel my room was not ready until the regular check in time. But, the staff did go out of their way to ensure I had somewhere comfy to sit, access to the free wifi, a complimentary breakfast and constant free beverages (tea, coffee and soft drinks) until my room was ready. I was then escorted to the door and given a tour of my room and shown how everything worked. What a room! So comfortable, clean and the view! As recommended on here, I paid the extra for a view of the Towers and it was fabulous....I slept with the curtains open at night to make the most of it! The breakfasts were great, as was the complimentary afternoon tea. The staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble (they even pushed lift buttons when they saw you walking across the lobby so you could walk straight into a lift without waiting!!). The doormen and concierge were knowledgeable and always advised you as to how much you should be paying to get to your destination when catching taxis. The free shuttle to KLCC was always full when I tried to catch it, but it wasn't far too walk. The closest train station is in KLCC, and the hop on-hop off bus has a stop between Traders and KLCC.
What I loved most:
* the view
* the friendly and helpful staff
* the shower head...awesome!
* the extra touches eg. international power board/adaptors, chupa chups on my towel, etc
What I liked least:
* the noise from the Sky bar (I stayed a Friday/Saturday/Sunday night and as other reviewers have mentioned the Sky bar is loud on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm a heavy sleeper so once I was asleep it didn't bother me, but if you're a light sleeper, you'd be pissed!)
* I ate dinner late one night at the restaurant and had a bad belly for the next few days. Food tasted great, service was great, but, yeah...it wasn't so great the next day.
Despite this, I'd stay again without hesitation. I just wouldn't eat dinner at the restaurant again. There are plenty of other options close by! I didn't use the pool or attend the free cocktail sessions. I was always busy, out and about. Oh, and the fruit arranged artistically on the fancy little plate, is edible. I thought those pears were wax until on the third day they turned into plums!! LOL!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur is a contemporary city centre hotel that caters to smart business and leisure travellers. This hotel in Kuala Lumpur offers 571 stylishly appointed rooms and suites in the heart of the city, just opposite the Petronas Twin Towers. Guest Rooms: Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur offers value accommodation with a range of amenities and facilities combined with an exceptional level of service that is distinct from other KL hotels. Traders Club: Traders Club rooms offer an enhanced level of service, comfort, and convenience for busy travellers, including a personal concierge. All rooms on the Traders Club floors are non-smoking and have exclusive access to the Traders Club Lounge on level 32. Suites: Suites at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur offer spacious and luxurious accommodations. All suites offer a separate sitting area that is perfect for relaxed business meetings, and a choice of dramatic park or city views. All our guests enjoy complimentary WiFi broadband access throughout the hotel premises and in the hotel limousine during airport transfers. It's the freedom smart Travellers know at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. Restaurants: Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur provides a fine selection of restaurants in Kuala Lumpur to satisfy your culinary requirements. Enjoy some of the city’s best steaks in intimate elegance at Gobo Upstairs Lounge & Grill on level 6. For more casual dining and popular entertainment, sample Western and Asian fare under an animated light show at the Gobo Chit Chat on level 5. Lounges & Bars: Enjoy the creative cocktail list at the Gobo Upstairs Lounge. A tourist attraction in its own right the famous SkyBar is a cosmopolitan open-air rooftop cocktail bar and a must for any visit to KL. Happy hour runs from 11am - 9pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Traders Kuala Lumpur
- Traders Hotel Kl
- Traders Kl