10 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$99
Hotels.com$98
travelup.com$99
11,250 results
All reviews sky bar twin towers buggy service gobo chit chat club room klcc park tower view room convention center swimming pool evening cocktails free shuttle business hotel buffet breakfast bukit bintang floor petronas suria
Selected filters
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stopped off in KL on our way to Bali and we had a great 3 days staying at the Traders.
The hotel is ideally located - with fabulous views of the Petronas Towers. The hotel is part of the exhibition centre - and does have a big, business feel to it, but there was a mix of families, couples and business people there.

The food is great - huge breakfast buffets, the staff are incredibly helpful and its a good base to get around the city for the Towers, cultural trips, popping out to eat and just exploring.

it also has a fabulous bar / swimming pool on the top of the hotel with views of the Towers whilst you swam / drank cocktails and just relaxed.

it was the perfect base for us.

Room tip: Make sure you are on the side with the views of the Petronas Towers.. amazing to wake up to, or to see the night settle over.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

From the moment we were collected from the airport in the hotel car, to the (very sad) moment we left, the experience of staying at this hotel exceeded our expectations. We had a Club Traders room with a tower view, which was well worth the upgrade. The bed was comfortable, cleaning standards very high and room well appointed. However, the staff made the difference - without exception every staff member we encountered in our 6 night stay were polite, helpful, friendly and attentive. There were a few 'lost in translation' issues when requesting out-of-the-ordinary assistance, but nothing that caused any concern. We loved the experience and would recommend Traders KL highly.

1  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed for two nights at Traders, and had a room on the 23rd floor with view to the Petronas Towers and park, AMAZING VIEW. The room was amazing, luxury pure after I came back from travelling through Vietnam. The bathroom is modern and clean, and the bed is comfier than my own one.

I went once up to the Skybar which is probably the coolest bar in KL. The view is amazing, the music is cool (different type it depends on the day). The drinks are more in the pricer side, but it's worth it. The stuff is a bit slow (even the bar is not full) but friendly. I realised that in KL you have to wait alot, they are not the most efficient people, which surprised me in such a business city.

I had once the breakfast, was not included in my room booking, but the breakfast offers you everything, its like breakfast, lunch and dinner together. From croissant, omlettes (made to order), cheese, cold meat, Malaysian dishes, hash browns, freshly pressed juices, fried rice, fruits, muesli, cornflakes, different bread....and the list goes on. The coffee is wonderful and the service there is efficient and friendly. I really enjoyed it.

The only two complaints I have is the check-in and check-out, it takes far too long. 3 counters and high tech check in, but it takes them ages to put all the information in. There was a large queue while checking out....it took at least 10 to 15 minutes for each person which is far too long. A check-out should be done in a couple of minutes. The other downside was, that I ordered a hotel taxi to bring me to the airport and I was told that it costs me 130, but in the end I had to pay on meter which was then over 160.......well.....but hey.

Its definately worth and the location is perfect, and if you want the view....go there. Its amazing. The Petronas towers are magical in the night, especially from the room hotel window.

I would definately go back there.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We arrived early morning at the hotel and stayed at the Club Lounge while waiting for our rooms. All the staff were attentive, friendly and helpful - excellent service! The rooms were clean and the view was amazing! My kids enjoyed the swimming pool at the Sky Bar. The hotel had a free buggy service going to KLCC, and the drivers were nice and courteous. The location of the hotel was so convenient for shopping and dining. We really enjoyed our 3-day stay. Will definitely check in to this hotel again in the future!

Date of stay: October 2012
Juan Carlos D, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear BinLim

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Guest loyalty is a key driver of our business and your observations are most encouraging and an endorsement that we are on the right track.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Juan Carlos Diago

Reviewed October 31, 2012

There are a lot of 'faded glory' type 5 star hotels in KL with beautiful lobbies but disappointing rooms, but the Traders is definitely not one of them. This hotel actually earns all of its 5 stars and unlike a lot of the others, it doesn't seem like they just do the minimum to keep that rating.

The rooms are beautiful, squeaky clean and super comfortable, with every amenity you could possibly wish for and more. The bathrooms were particularly gorgeous--this is the first time a hotel bath tub has actually enticed me enough to take a bath in it (bath salts and lollipop included, ha), and the shower was also lovely--but the water gets so hot I almost burned myself a couple times. We had a room facing the Petronas towers and the view was absolutely incredible. Not only the full unobstructed view of the towers, but also the rare peacefulness (in a town dominated by huge roads full of constant noisy traffic) of the park in between the towers/Suria KLCC and the hotel, with its dancing lit up fountains, running tracks, tree-lined paths, etc. This park was also a welcome change to be able to walk out into, again compared to the traffic and chaos one usually experiences the minute they leave a hotel in KL. On the 28th floor it was exquisite silence in our room at night (again, VERY rare here). The service was also very friendly and helpful.

There is also a raised (covered, and air conditioned!) walkway from the convention center (connected to the hotel) to Bukit Bintang--it's about a 10 minute walk and a great help to not have to battle the huge streets with unreliable crossings or taxi drivers trying to rip you off (with the walkway it's much faster to walk than to get stuck in traffic anyway). Just head through the convention center down to the end by the Aquarium and you can enter the walkway from there--there are several 'exits' to different areas along the way.

We just stayed one night at the Traders as our final splurge at the end of our trip, but wish it were more. It is expensive (for Malaysia) yes, but the deal we got was fairly good, and compared to some of the other '5 star' places we stayed, it was definitely worth the little bit extra. And compared to luxury hotels in Europe, Australia, or the US, it's actually a pretty good deal and a chance for us mere mortals to experience some real luxury without spending our life savings.

Room tip: The tower view rooms are absolutely worth it, and they also face the park and so are quieter.
1  Thank nightowlcb