This is a dated hotel undergoing refurbishment located in a mega-mall (actually two malls one called Midvalley Mall and the other Gardens Mall) away from the downtown. The price is very reasonable.
Located in a mega-mall away from downtown area. So, if you're a first time visitor, this may not be the best located hotel for you. However, it's a MYR$12 cab ride from KL Sentral station (town center station for KLIA express train from airport which costs MYR$70 return for one adult) and a few commuter train stops to the downtown area (commuter train station located just outside the mall, level 1 northside). Cabs are cheap and plentiful. There's a cab rank just outside the hotel, but beware some of the cabbies will ask for fix price to a destination rather than using the taximeter, or will add $2 to the fare, just a rip-off. You can say no and get out of the cab. A second cab rank at south end of the mall, or hail one on the street.
Security: there's no secure card-only access to the floors, but it's in a mall, so security isn't so bad.
Room: Rm2410 was a bit dated. The carpet had a huge iron burn mark on it and was a bit dirty. There were hair on the bathroom floor, but otherwise OK. The bed was very firm, but the bedsheets were clean. Free internet, bottled water and daily newspaper. Small unstocked bar fridge for your convenience. Complimentary fruit too. Air-conditioned. No smells. Non-smoking floors available.
Dining options: The buffet breakfast on level 9 would have cost me MYR$19/day at check-in or MYR$42/day later on. Don't bother. You can eat cheaper and better elsewhere in the mall, unless you can't do without cereal. There's plentiful local breakfast cuisine to choose from in the mall, usually open at 8am, ground level northside of mall near hotel; in the basement level of Gardens mall eg Nonya Colours (mee siam delicious!); or level 1 Northside. Give the local food a go! eg mee siam, nasi lemak, kaya toast, local coffee, local kueh etc. For lunch or dinner, there are even more options in the mall, take your pick, there's more on the Garden mall side. There's a supermarket on the basement level too.
Shop-til-ya-drop. This mall has loads to see. When you're done, take the cab or train downtown to see the sights, shop (Chinatown, Bukit Bintang area, KLCC) and food (Jalan Alor at night with their myriad of stalls).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located strategically in Mid Valley City; one of the most modern and integrated leisure, dining, entertainment and shopping destination in Kuala Lumpur, the 390-room Boulevard Hotel is easily accessible to major commercial hubs and popular tourist attractions. Adjoining to the hotel is the popular Mid Valley Megamall and the upscale Gardens Mall, with over 630 retails, dining and entertainment outlets. The hotel offers a choice of rooms including Executive Rooms and Studio Suites with FREE WIFI - perfect for business or family getaways. A variety of gastronomic delights is available at the 24-hour Wild Rice Restaurant, whereas Flutes Living Room is the place to unwind and enjoy your favourite cocktail. For the health conscious, there is an outdoor swimming pool and a gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Boulevard - A St Giles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boulevard Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Boulevard Hotel
- Boulevard Hotel Kuala Lumpur