Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur - Medan Tuanku
$104
$91
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$197
Hotel Istana(Kuala Lumpur)
$96
$75
Agoda.com
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
$82
$64
Furama Bukit Bintang(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
$124
$96
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$139
$110
All reviewsmaju junctionmonorail stationkl towerbukit bintangwalking distancefried ricepublic transportmini fridgeconvenient locationshopping mallindian fooddecent hotelcomfortable staydeluxe roomnasi lemakstayed for nightshotel lobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The staff in Prescott inn is ok?btw,some staffs could speak Chinese?
I lived on 3rd floor,and it's really big one for me!
A twin-bed is nice!!!
The wifi is weak,especially at room.....
I think I will choose another one nearer Bukit Butang:D
But it is a not bad inn for budget tourist^_^

1  Thank Yunyun L
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The staff were really lovely and eager to help. The breakfast buffet was ok however some of the food which should have been hot was cold. The rooms were large, clean and offered fast WIFI. The location of the hotel about a 1/2 hour walk from the city centre however the monorail is right outside.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte P
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I usually stay at the Tune Hotel across the road when I'm in KL, but decided on the Prescott Inn this time as the prices were the same.

This hotel is a budget hotel and with that in mind, I lowered my expectations accordingly. However, even after that, there were some issues that were grating.

Let's start with the positives:
- The hotel is near the Medan Tuanku Monorail station, which makes it convenient getting to the shopping areas
- The hotel room was quieter than Tune Hotel, given that it is not located along the main road.
- The price was comparable to Tune Hotel with the add-ons.
- Comfortable beds
- Large but old and tired (but clean) rooms
- My room (even numbered rooms) had a nice view of KL Tower

Negatives:
- Customer service lacking. This is the first time I've encountered staff who make eye contact and then deliberately move away to avoid serving (and this was just to hand in the keycard to check-out!)
- Weak and non-adjustable air-conditioning which took forever to cool the room. In hot and humid KL, this is unacceptable.
- Shower area could be cleaner

If you're not fussy or just staying for a night, this hotel is passable. Otherwise, passover and consider something better. I won't be considering this hotel again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms on high floors have an unobstructed view of KL Tower. However, you get the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank SoloTravelr
kimchan83, Front Office Manager at Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur - Medan Tuanku, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Sir,

Firstly, we thanked you for choosing our hotel as your destination. In view of your experience during your stay with us, we regret to find your stay was filled with unpleasant incidents and sincerely we would like to apologise to you.
In addition, we do constantly upgrade our services towards our guest by sending our staff for training and we also do have our quality assurance who will be checking the quality and standards all the time.
We will be greatly appreciate if you can sent us the details where we will be able to assist us to address our shortcomings urgently. It can be sent to my email address at kcyap@theeverlygroup.com. Hopefully we will be able to listen from you again. Once again, thanks for sharing your staying experience with us.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the first time we traveled with two small children without a car and public transport is very necessary. Hence, the location close to the monorail is very helpful to us as well as within walking distance to shopping centers. Hotel staff was very helpful and service was also satisfactory. Probably will come back to this hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank yati_azmir
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel is standard its in an easy accessible area, with the monorail and Malay Bank atms around the corner costing 2.10RM to go to KL Sentral.

However! be warned - you will not receive any form of customer service in this hotel. You're on your own. The hotel tried telling me that I could not change my departure date and that they were going to charge me the full length of stay!!! and that it was booking.com who was going to charge me the full length of stay. I was not impressed
In the end I sorted out, however required me calling booking.com and informing of the situation.

I even had to argue with the reception to take my laundry. I wanted to hand my laundry in at 2200 so that it was at reception for the 1000 pick up the next day as I was going to be out. The RECEPTIONIST REFUSED ?? I asked her why? it just seemed that they did not want to have to remember to give in the pick up.

As I say if you just want somewhere to sleep and don't want any help ON ANYTHING!! Then the Prescott Inn is OK

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo