I usually stay at the Tune Hotel across the road when I'm in KL, but decided on the Prescott Inn this time as the prices were the same.
This hotel is a budget hotel and with that in mind, I lowered my expectations accordingly. However, even after that, there were some issues that were grating.
Let's start with the positives:
- The hotel is near the Medan Tuanku Monorail station, which makes it convenient getting to the shopping areas
- The hotel room was quieter than Tune Hotel, given that it is not located along the main road.
- The price was comparable to Tune Hotel with the add-ons.
- Comfortable beds
- Large but old and tired (but clean) rooms
- My room (even numbered rooms) had a nice view of KL Tower
- Customer service lacking. This is the first time I've encountered staff who make eye contact and then deliberately move away to avoid serving (and this was just to hand in the keycard to check-out!)
- Weak and non-adjustable air-conditioning which took forever to cool the room. In hot and humid KL, this is unacceptable.
- Shower area could be cleaner
If you're not fussy or just staying for a night, this hotel is passable. Otherwise, passover and consider something better. I won't be considering this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In close proximity to the city's major commercial and business district, the hotel offers you warm hospitality and comfortable accommodation at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur - Medan Tuanku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prescott Inn, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur