Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$55
Free cancellation until 12/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$34
Vio.com
$27
Expedia.com$49
Hotels.com$49
Destinia.com$67
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Prescott Inn is located in Central Business District of Kuala Lumpur called Golden Triangle and very close to Medan Tuanku Monorail Station. The monorail station is located to the right of the hotel and only 3 - 5 minute walk and is 3 station away from Touristic Bukit Bintang area. The one way fare costs RM 1.6/ pax. So location wise, Prescott Inn is quite OK for budget hotel.
The hotel room is quite spacious with 2 large queen sized beds enough to accomodate a family with 2 young children. The bathroom though is rather squeezy and requires a minor renovation especially on the door and toilet. The toilet water jet sprayed in the wrong direction and was of no use.
Staff were friendly but not well informed about Kuala Lumpur area. When asked about the direction to a large medical centre , they seemed to be perplexed and came with no definite answer. The check in and check out were fast and efficient.
Breakfast was very basic with bread, coffee/ tea, choices of omelette or scramble.

Room tip: I had a room on the 9th floor (912) with view of KL tower and Slight view of Petronas Twin Towers. It was quite a beautifuk scene in the evening.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank andri_sw
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The location of the hotel is a major turnoff. Appears to be some construction going on in this area. Around the hotel there are not much options to eat.

Rooms are also ok. We couldnt get a room with a better view. Breakfast was sumptous.

Monorail station is nearby but take extra care and avoid moving out of the hotel at night. We were about to get mugged by a group of punks loitering around.

Weigh your options, you might get a better deal in safer areas.

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank we_the_trippers
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is situated in a district that is filled with many other top-notched Hotels. It is quite near to the Petronas Towers.
We had requested for an early 9.00 am check-in [normal check is 2.00 pm] as our flight arrived in the morning. We were prepared to be told that the room was not ready until 2.00 pm. However, the receptionist was kind enough to take heed of our request and check us in at 9.00 am itself. It was a relief after a long flight.
The room was OK. Clean and comfortable. The AC was working. The washroom was clean as well.
The Breakfast is nothing to boast about, but it was included in the rate that we paid. There are small reasonably priced restaurants close by serving a variety of food.
There was free WiFi in the rooms and the lobby. You have to get the Username & Password at the reception.
All in all, we have nothing bad to say about the Hotel and I would unhesitatingly recommend it to travellers wanting to stay for a short time in KL.
Before I forget, we used the convenient pre-paid taxi from KL airport who charged us RM 102.00. On our return we had to take a flight to the low-cost terminal and we used the travel service in the Hotel lobby that charged us RM 140 [but it was a bigger car].

Room tip: Do not go with great expectations and you will enjoy your stay. Ask for a room on the higher floors with a view of the Petronas.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank kabeers
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The taxi driver had to call the hotel's contact number numerous times to know where it is exactly located. Upon arriving in Medan Tuanku area, we had to turn around twice because we were not able to find the hotel right away. The second attempt was successful.

Prescott Inn is situated in Medan Tuanku area. According to the taxi driver, the area is mostly occupied by Muslim people (given that Kuala Lumpur or Malaysia is a Muslim country, we were not entirely sure why the driver said it). This was made obvious by the numerous halal-certified restaurants that can be found within the area. Medan Tuanku station of the monorail is just a short walk from the hotel.

The hotel staff manning the reception desk were helpful. We arrived early (before check in time) so they were specifically of help with our luggage.

The room given to us was just okay to borderline below average. Nothing memorable, really. It had basic amenities. The only complaint would have to be that upon entering the room we were met with a funky smell that was only eliminated by spraying personal perfume. The bathroom needed more cleaning. The carpet is also a room for improvement.

Perhaps, the only special thing I would commend was that our room had a great view of the Kuala Lumpur. But I would guess most hotels would have the same view since the Menara tower can be seen from everywhere.

And just as mentioned in previous reviews, there is a karaoke bar nearby so if you're unlucky, your sleep will be interrupted by people singing at the wee hours of the night.

Good value, over all. I would, however, try to find accommodation near Bukit Bintang the next time I visit Kuala Lumpur.

Room tip: Request room facing Kuala Lumpur Tower. No chance of a good view of Petronas Towers as they are obstructed by buildings in KLCC.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Phronimos
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is a good hotel for those that are travelling on a budget.

I stayed there for 7 nights. The location was very good. Medan Tuanku Monorail station is a short walk away. There's plenty of local Malay restaurants, as well as Western restaurants within walking distance. The room was a good size, and complimentary bottled water, coffee and tea were provided everyday. I had a great view of the KL Tower outside of my room.

The restaurant on the ground floor, The Tazza Cafe, they serve Western style breakfast but I didn't find the food there to be all that great. The breakfast there was very basic, and they didn't have a wide variety of food to choose from. However the restaurant on the second floor, The Makana Coffeehouse, they serve mostly Malay and Chinese food, and I felt that this restaurant was a lot better. They had a much wider variety of food available, and they served mostly Malay and Chinese cuisine, so I didn't mind trying something new.

If you need to use the phone inside the room, then you must pay a deposit of RM100. I found that out the hard way, I actually thought my phone wasn't working at first. They also have a 24 hour tour and taxi assistance person who works in the lobby. However, everytime I would ask her a question about getting to certain attractions, she would immediately get out a slip of paper and try to sign me up for a taxi. She was very aggresive in trying to do that, so you need to keep that in mind when speaking to her.

Overall, I had a good experience at this hotel but it wasn't anything spectacular. It's worth the price, and it's in a very convenient part of KL. I would recommend it for someone who's on a budget.

Date of stay: June 2012