Olympic Sports Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
AnCasa Express @ Pudu(Kuala Lumpur)
Swiss-Garden Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Breakfast included
The 5 Elements Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
View Hotel
The Marque Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I attended a course at the hotel in late June 2013. I was a bit apprehensive about the hotel since I've read several negative reports about it. I was surprised when I saw that my double bedded room was quite spacious, it was clean, there were no bugs, the bed was comfortable although the pillow was quite hard, the toilet door knob was loose but it could still be closed, the coffee making facilities was good, the fridge was okay, the towels were okay. The free wifi connection in the room was on and off although it was quite good at the sofas near the lift and at the lobby. The room was not sound proof since I could hear the voices of people who were walking outside my door. The only real complaint that I had was the poor lighting. It was too dim for my liking. The hotel could also do with some extra maintenance. The buffet breakfast was reasonably good with moderate selections : nasi goreng or nasi lemak,fried mee, sliced breads, baked beans, chicken sausage etc. I saw busloads of Asians tourists and a few westerners during breakfast. If you dont like the breakfast, then you can go to Chinatown which was just a 10 minutes walk away although the road was quite deserted especially at night. Our lunch and dinner which were part of our package were very good, which indeed were a surprise. I asked the person at the counter and he said that a double bed room like mine cost RM 158 per night. To me the price was reasonable. So if you just want a place to sleep at night after going out touring or shopping during the day, this hotel is suitable for you. Do not expect the world since this is a budget hotel. This hotel doesnt have a swimming pool, so if you want all those luxurious trappings, then you should find a better hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank ABDUL RAHIM M
Reviewed June 17, 2013

To get here from KL Sentral... U need to go out towards Jln Sambanathan to the monorail station n take the monorail to Hang Tuah station.
Once out of the station walk along Jln Hang Jebat. U will have to go pass a Chinese Primary school( won an award for Nation's Hope n is a cluster school for excellence...)
Very near to the National Stadium.
The hotel is actually at the Olympic Council Building!
Average hotel... Kind of basic..good for those who would spend most of the time out.

M here now will update comments as the days go by. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for room with a good view( mine was of another wall)...though i doubt there is one.
Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Why I said lousy? Caused the restaurant with Air conditional allowed for smoking! Cannot accept that the management never take action on it and just leave it! Totally no standard at all!! Wifi totally out, and dont touch about service!
Definately would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hoo C
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel from outside looks very impressive, looby looks fine as well, you almost think that finally you make a good choice, but another disaster, here is.
I arrived there at 14:30 from Bangkok, so there was no hassle during check in, but the bloke on the lobby was unfriendly, there was only one towel in the bathroom, only one roll of toilet paper and no tissue box. Everywhere was dirty, their kettle was so dirty that i used my own travel kettle. No safebox.
There was only one towel in my room. i asked for hand towel. A very unfriendly lady with glasses brought me another big bath towel saying that it is the hotel policy. I used it after taking shower because bathroom was flooded and there was nothing to dry up the floor.
My bed sheets and pillows were grey. I hope they were just old. Wifi connection was very weak. I was on the 6 th floor and i especially requested strong wifi connection, appearently i was ignored.
I had to connect internet in the lobby. breakfast was a disaster so i didnt bother to have breakfast after first day, i would never stay here again. No way.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, if it is your first time in KL stay in Bukit Bitang area where the Petronas Towers are. Hotel is in chinese quarter not very safe. From the airport taxi costs about 80 myr it is quite a fortune in Malaysia standards. from the airport take a bus or train to city center.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank PetekAtes
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I took the bus from the airport for 3$ US, it took 1h to get at KL Station.  From there I took a taxi (5min ride) for 4$ US !

They told me once I was there that the wifi don't really work in the room.  It don't work at all.  You need to go in the lobby, and it's on and off.  And it's always full of people on there iPhone so the wifi in the lobby is very slow and sometime it doesn't work at all.

It's 5 min walk to Chinatown.  It's a very long walk to Bukit, more than 20 min, and not a fun walk.  There is construction everywhere, it tools me 40 min to find a way to get there.  We are in August and i guess it will be under construction for months !!  I wouldn't walk alone at night to Chinatown, it's only 5 min but it's very dark...

The room looks good at first sight, but quickly you see that the wall are dirty, there is some hole in it.  Same thing for the bathroom.  I saw little little bugs here and there, like little ants. I saw them in two different room!  After one day,  I realize I had red spot on my legs after the first night... I'm afraid it was bed bugs, but i can't say for sure, since i've never had those before. We change room and the night after my husband was having the same red spot on his legs.  It looks like small mosquito bite... Bad !!!

The only positive thing, I have to say the staff are really really nice, helpful and smiling.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple