Reception was a little cool and not particularly welcoming. We opted for and paid a discounted upgrade on check in for a deluxe king room, on top of what was already a fairly expensive room for a 2 night stopover, so between the price of the room and the reviews I'd read on Trip Advisor I was left with hight expectations. Very spacious room, practically a mini suite, with an excellent sized bathroom, though bed area felt compromised and short on space. Main gripe was in the detail and cleanliness of the room, after a few takes it's obvious this place is in need of a new fit out (already) as hasn't stood against high use. Current furnishings, fabrics are cheap and dated, as a consequence everything has knocks, chips, cracks, tears (in sheets), marks and so on, which really brought down the feel of what is supposed to be a 5 star hotel to an above average 3 star (as far as the room is concerned). A five star hotel wouldn't leave all of the wiring and leads to the TV hanging out from behind its wall mounted TV's, or marks and dirt on the floor, mirrors etc. Sorry but if you profess to be a 5 star hotel then all of these details are going to hit your customer in the face when they walk in, leaving them to scrutinize further errors. Having said all of this the hotel service was generally friendly and very efficient. The pool experience was very relaxing in a great setting and in my mind this is a brilliant hotel for a stop over on account to its proxemity to Sentral station, if you can get a cheap room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience this vibrant city at its best at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur hotel, located just 28 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 33 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 by KLIA Ekspres train. Gaze out on Kuala Lumpur's city center while swimming laps of the hotel pool, featuring a tropical sun deck, or indulge in a holistic spa treatment. The hotel boasts 14 lavish meeting rooms including the magnificent Grand Ballroom, mid-size Sentral Ballroom and the sophisticated multi-event leveL7even. Services for meetings, events and outside catering are designed to meet every event need. Executive rooms and suites include access to the Executive Lounge and complimentary WiFi. Experience an array of additional benefits including complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, all-day refreshments, and evening cocktails. The hotel provides 10 stellar choices for dining and entertainment, from business brunches to pre-dinner drinks and everything in between. Hilton Kuala Lumpur has been awarded Malaysia's Leading Business Hotel 2015 by The World Travel Awards™. The hotel's modern European restaurant, GRAZE won accolade as Malaysia Tatler – Best Restaurant 2015. Hilton Kuala Lumpur also won the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice® award for 2015 in the Top 25 Luxury Hotels – Malaysia category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Hilton International Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Hilton