Don’t be fooled by the Hilton name. This hotel genuinely deserves the “Best New Business Hotel In The World” title that it won in 2005, and was as good for tourists like us as it is for business visitors.
The location is ideal, directly next to the new Sentral station where the Airport Express train terminates. As you leave the platform you will be met by a Hilton porter who will whisk away your bags and walk you through the station to the hotel itself. The light rail system (five stops to KLCC for the towers and the biggest shopping mall) has a stop inside the station, and the monorail terminal is about five minutes walk away, so you can easily get to the main sights. You are also never short of taxis given the station location.
The hotel itself is superb. The rooms are exceptionally cheap by global standards – we paid GBP 100 ($200) plus tax for bed and breakfast in an 86 square metre Innovation Suite with two flat screen TV’s, dining table, twin sinks, separate bath and shower, sofa etc. Standard rooms are cheaper but as these prices you can splash out! There are five good restaurants, the Zeta Bar (which most guide books call KL’s hippest bar), a wine bar and a large outdoor pool. This is shared with the Meridien hotel which is in the sister tower next door, and you can even eat in the Meridien and charge it to your Hilton room account. The overall standard of style and decoration is exceptionally high – a lot of money was spent on this property and it shows.
My only complaint is that internet use in the Business Centre is very expensive, but there are plenty of cheaper net options in KL. This hotel could easily be a Ritz-Carlton or Shangri-La instead of a Hilton and I strongly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience this vibrant city at its best at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur hotel, located just 28 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 33 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 by KLIA Ekspres train. Gaze out on Kuala Lumpur's city center while swimming laps of the hotel pool, featuring a tropical sun deck, or indulge in a holistic spa treatment. The hotel boasts 14 lavish meeting rooms including the magnificent Grand Ballroom, mid-size Sentral Ballroom and the sophisticated multi-event leveL7even. Services for meetings, events and outside catering are designed to meet every event need. Executive rooms and suites include access to the Executive Lounge and complimentary WiFi. Experience an array of additional benefits including complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, all-day refreshments, and evening cocktails. The hotel provides 10 stellar choices for dining and entertainment, from business brunches to pre-dinner drinks and everything in between. Hilton Kuala Lumpur has been awarded Malaysia's Leading Business Hotel 2015 by The World Travel Awards™. The hotel's modern European restaurant, GRAZE won accolade as Malaysia Tatler – Best Restaurant 2015. Hilton Kuala Lumpur also won the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice® award for 2015 in the Top 25 Luxury Hotels – Malaysia category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Hilton International Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Hilton