I was in KL for 3 days as a stopover on my way home and I stayed at The Hilton for 2 days. There is no other hotel I could recommend. Let's begin by location: it is extremely conveniently located just above KL central station, perfectly situated for those who have an early flight. But it also means you are immediately connected to the rest of the city via its rail network. Some may feel it may be a little far from where the action is (as the city centre and major shopping districts are about a 10 minute taxi ride away), but I found it a haven from the hustle and bustle of a city that doesn't sleep.
Service is a major factor when judging a 5-star hotel and The Hilton certainly did not fail on any counts. From the reception staff in the lobby when checking in, to room service staff and the many waiters and bartenders in the many bars and restaurants located all over the building, no single staff faltered under any of my queries or requests. I used the business centre and randomly asked the staff on duty about the local sights and colours. She gave me the insider's guide to KL, despite this being outside her circle of responsibilites.
As far as facilities go, this hotel provides everything you could want on holidays. There is a large pool that overlooks the city that even comes with a waterslide. Fitness centre, spa, sauna, jacuzzi, health spa centre are other luxury features located a few floors from your room. There are many restaurants and bars scattered all over the building so you are spoilt for choice.
I stayed in the standard king-bed room on my own on the 22nd floor and it was simply one of the most comfortable rooms I've had. It isn't the biggest and there are some marks of wear and tear but it was extremely satisfactory nonetheless. There is a rain-water showerhead (where water falls to resemble a downpour of rain), making every shower an invigorating experience. The hotel also provides high quality Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, a small touch but a refreshing change from the generic stuff one gets at most other hotels. However, it lost one mark on cleanliness for me because I detected a few soap sud stains on the marbling around the bathtub but this was only a very minor concern.
I loved staying at The Hilton and I can't wait to come back to KL, if for nothing else than to stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience this vibrant city at its best at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur hotel, located just 28 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 33 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 by KLIA Ekspres train. Gaze out on Kuala Lumpur's city center while swimming laps of the hotel pool, featuring a tropical sun deck, or indulge in a holistic spa treatment. The hotel boasts 14 lavish meeting rooms including the magnificent Grand Ballroom, mid-size Sentral Ballroom and the sophisticated multi-event leveL7even. Services for meetings, events and outside catering are designed to meet every event need. Executive rooms and suites include access to the Executive Lounge and complimentary WiFi. Experience an array of additional benefits including complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, all-day refreshments, and evening cocktails. The hotel provides 10 stellar choices for dining and entertainment, from business brunches to pre-dinner drinks and everything in between. Hilton Kuala Lumpur has been awarded Malaysia's Leading Business Hotel 2015 by The World Travel Awards™. The hotel's modern European restaurant, GRAZE won accolade as Malaysia Tatler – Best Restaurant 2015. Hilton Kuala Lumpur also won the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice® award for 2015 in the Top 25 Luxury Hotels – Malaysia category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Hilton International Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Hilton