“Very good business hotel”

Ranked #14 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Hilton is a very comfortable hotel with many good restaurants, a terrific buffet breakfast and an outdoor pool and bar. The room was nicely decorated, the floors were wood, but scuffed a bit and the bathroom was large. The hotel is right across the street from the Sentral Station which is convenient both for airport travel and traveling into the heart of the city. Service was very good.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room away from the elevators for a bit more quiet during busy periods.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

My team and I appreciate hearing from our guests and we are committed to the highest levels of hospitality.

Wishing you safe onward travels.

Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Write a ReviewReviews (4,412)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

PROS - Newer interior design than Le Meridien next to it (the hotels are interconnected and sharing some facilities like swimming pool). Spacious and clean rooms with a nice view. Gym is great and the swimming pool (open air) is very nice - you can easily get the feeling of being on holidays there.
CONS - the restaurants are very expensive. Even at Hilton standards. The location is not old town central but easy to get there by subway or taxi

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Kuala Lumpur and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our Restaurants and Bars are one of the most popular locations in the city and with 11 to choose from we have many options and price points. Meals can be enjoyed from USD$20 in our casual western outlet and we also have a café with meals for under $10 available.

When you next return to the hotel please visit our concierge or a member of our F&B team and they will be delighted to assist you or recommend the many other options within walking distance for an inexpensive meal.

We thank you for your feedback and wish you safe onward travels.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here again in November 2013 following my earlier stay in June/July 2013.

I was pleased to see everything was just as good as was the case on my earlier visit. Check in/out was fast and friendly and all the staff from front desk to maintenance were great. I was, again, very pleased with all aspects of the room and central services. Once again I found the hotel to be very efficient and well run. Everything was clean and bright and the restaurant was great. Once again I strongly recommend this hotel. I will make sure I stay here again on my next trips to KL in 2014.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5/5 review. My team and I sincerely appreciate the time taken to share your experience on this forum.

Hilton Kuala Lumpur is committed to excellence in hospitality and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have stayed in many Hilton hotels over the years and usually try to capitalise on having my Diamond Hilton Honors Card by selecting hotels with an Exec Lounge.

I stayed here for 4 nights recently and I had a great time. The hotel is very well situated and close to KL Sentral station so you can get most places easily. I was upgraded to a corner room on the 31st floor and the room was fabulous. Great bed and very quiet.

The best bit was the Executive lounge which I believe is the best Hilton Lounge in the world. Evening cocktails are superb and I counted about 7 staff waiting on the guests. There is a huge selection of food and they also have a chef on hand who cooks stuff fresh each evening, one night we had delicious mini hamburgers and another a lovely chocolate creation.

On top if this there is free wine served at your table.

I really cannot speak highly enough of this lounge.

The hotel is also superb in so many other ways.

I cannot wait for my next visit.

Many thanks and well done.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for choosing to stay with us.

My team and I truly appreciate knowing that you had an exceptional stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The stay was for three nights and two days. The location of hotel was very ideal for commuting by train. It saves cost of transport. The Hotel is just above the Rly station and reachable from Airport with just the next stop. We could go by train to twin towers, Batu Caves etc. using train services. Very responsive staff. Would recommend without hesitation anyone who wants to stay here. Venkatarajan

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for your very positive review.

My team and I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton KL and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We wanted a hotel for one night close to KL Sentral rail station and you can't get any closer than this. We've stayed at the co-located Le Meridien before and thought we'd try the slightly more expensive Hilton this time. To be honest, I don't think the extra money was worth it.

It didn't matter what temperature we set the air conditioning at, it wouldn't go warmer than 23 deg (we prefer 24 or 25). We've encountered this before and been told it's a central setting so what's the point of giving you a control?

The bulb in the light over the shaving/make up mirror was broken with jagged glass showing. In addition, the clock showed totally the wrong time and, for the first time in my life, I couldn't see how to adjust it. I reported this to reception and they fixed it quickly.

We like Jacuzzis together but the ones here were segregated so we didn't use them and the swimming pool was distinctly cool.

Finally, at check out, there was only one person on the desk and she was assisting someone with endless questions so it took a long time to check out.

On the other hand, the room facilities were well up to standard and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amp-qld

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to know that you experienced some minor issues. Our air conditioning is fully adjustable in all rooms and to go cooler than 23 (ambient) you need to select the cool (snow flake) mode and adjust accordingly. Regarding clock and alarm setting their is a time and alarm adjust with up and down buttons on the front of the clock radio. This clock radio is a global standard for Hilton Hotels and was selected for the ease of operation. Our swimming pool is not heated due to the year round tropical climate of Kuala Lumpur. In our Spa and Fitness wet areas we have heated male and female Jacuzzi plus a mixed Jacuzzi poolside.

Concerning the shaving mirror please accept our apologies for this oversight and I assure you that this has been repaired.

Hilton Kuala Lumpur values your feedback and we hope that our award winning service, significantly larger guest rooms/bathrooms and extensive public areas, restaurant and bars differentiates our product from our competitors.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The rooms are very large, clean and comfortable and the service is top notch. The location suits people willing to use the local transit as it is adjacent to the main train station is across the street. If you have status with Hilton and can access their executive lounge there is no reason not to stay here. They have an excellent breakfast and from 6-8:30 at night they have complimentary small plates of food and drinks.

On the negative side, if you choose to dine at one of the hotel restaurants or get a drink in the lobby bar, this place is extremely expensive. The buffet dinner at Vasco (main hotel restaurant) costs almost as much as a full nights stay. Also, the gym is "lightly air conditioned" so if you enjoy a morning workout, be prepared to sweat, extensively. Almost uncomfortable. Also, the gym is huge but fills up quite quickly so if you don't get there when the place opens at 6, do not plan on using one of the 7 treadmills. They also don't turn on the AC until 6, so if you sneak in early, which you can, the heat is unbearable.

Overall, three stars but the simple act of keeping the gym cool 24 hours would bump this place up to four stars for me.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better, no real difference which side you're on.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience on this forum.

Firstly thank you for your recommendation of our Executive Lounge and I am very pleased you enjoyed our product and service.

I also sincerely appreciate knowing that the temperature in the gym was to warm and we have subsequently made adjustments to reduce the temperature and to extend the operation hours. I assure you that on your next visit you will not experience a warm environment at 6am.

Concerning our restaurant and bar pricing Hilton Kuala Lumpur restaurants and bars are one of the most popular places in the city for dining and entertainment and our pricing is aligned with all other upscale options.. Our Vasco's buffet is pricing RM128++ (approximately USD$50) per person which we consider to be appropriate for the extensive and high quality buffet selection. Additionally a la carte options in our lounge, café, room service and Boardwalk feature meals under USD$25.

Thank you for your feedback and safe onward travels.