“An excellent option for Business cum Pleasure trip”

Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #12 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Pune, India
“An excellent option for Business cum Pleasure trip”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hilton in Kuala Lumpur is a beautiful hotel with all amenities and is ideally situated with direct access to the airport through the train. The best part is that malaysian airlines as a luggage pick-up counter at the station itself. Also the hotel is in the midst of a Mall, that allows you to shop right there with all brands and eateries available.

Room Tip: Their executive lounge is great!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 11, 2014

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for the review. Our location is certainly conveniently located and glad you enjoyed your stay here.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Kuala Lumpur and we look forward to having you back with us soon.

Jamie Mead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I accidentally booked this hotel thinking this is in the central area of the bustle city but I got surprised that Sentral is not mean Central. But I was very happy to be here in terms of access and the pool. This hotel is just really right in the train station it's really very easy and a lot of restaurants and food chains in there.

When we arrived we ate in their buffet very expensive $89 each person but the food is very good quality but if we knew the price, knows how really near the train station is and doesn't arrived at 9:30 pm we wouldn't eat there just too expensive to us.

The room is nice big and clean but the only thing I complain I wish they explained to their guests what to dial to reach them during check in or put the information in the working table or attach to the phone. I paid big money just to call them and locally charge. I was charge for that! Too tired to get down and ask the front desk on how to reach them. When I finally get the information after we talked I find it in the phone near the elevator their is a service phone there and it is attach to the phone. Wishing they do the same in every guests rooms though!

The pool is very nice and big you don't have free wifi in the room but you can do free wifi at the lobby.

Overall it was a very good experienced!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Glad you had an overall good experience. Each room should have the telephone dialing information and rate notice displayed by the side of the telephone. Your feedback had been conveyed to the relevant department and we will ensure that it is properly displayed in the rooms. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We look forward to have you back at our hotel.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is my second visit to Hilton KL Sentral. We booked a normal King bed room. Check in was smooth, but when we got to the room, it was fraught with problems. My mother actually said that it reminded her of a 3-star hotel. It's not that bad, but here was what we were confronted with:
-Ripped chair with its stuffing coming, out, and one chair missing
-Peeling wood panelling of the desk. No pen
-The hook for the ironing board had been ripped out, causing it to fall on whoever opened the cupboard door
-Sth strange was happening with the bathroom speaker (they have a TV screen in the bathroom) It wouldn't turn itself off for certain channels even after we muted it
-We were missing shampoo
-there was no carpet
-No cover for the remote control, and the batteries fell out when my sister was using it

I marched down to the front desk because I didn't want them to claim that I had been responsible and thus had to pay for them. One of the counter staff had a rather patronising air in response to me, but the other counter staff (a guy) with her was extremely apologetic and immediately offered to switch rooms (to a lake view, which was hilarious because I didn't even spot the lake until after some squinting) to another on the same floor. It was nice that they let us hold on to both rooms until we were done moving. We inspected the second room first, upon which we realised of some of the above problems in the earlier room (like the missing chair and carpet). But in general the room was ok (although it was missing a shampoo, had litter on the bathroom floor, had a strange tobacco whiff which luckily faded away but never did in the toilet, a fridge door that was wonky, and the remote control still had no cover).

Additionally, because they had put us in 2 single beds when we asked for a king, they offered to push the beds together and claimed that we wouldn't feel the crack. Well, given that one bed was higher than the other, we could definitely feel the crack, but luckily my sister and I are very skinny people and I generally take up the width of a coffin when I sleep, so we lived. But in comparison. Intercontinental did the same thing for our room without telling us and we had no idea, until we lifted the bedcovers because we thought the bed looked suspiciously big. Now THAT is quality! I have to say though that the mattress was great, because my sister kept getting in and out and I was right next to her, and couldn't feel a thing. I'd LOVE to get a mattress like that.

Generally they were quite prompt in terms of service requests, except for the one occasion when I requested for housekeeping and for someone to get the ironing board unfolded, because it was impossible for us. The guy told us rather stiffly that we had to push a button. What button? It was too bad I wasn't around to see it being done in front of me. Anyhow. Came back a few hours later and the board was sorted, but not the room. Took a couple of calls and finally they came. That being said, they did a pretty thorough job - they even mopped the floors, which is the first time I've seen it. If that's the standard they keep, they definitely have the best daily maintenance routine.

There's nothing else of note, except for a few interesting things like the TV monitor in the bath and the two way closet which I thought was neat. The rooms are also not freezing (some hotels are freezing even with the airconditioning off) which was fantastic as my family are all aircon-intolerant. The toilet being tucked in the back was kinda depressing though. Also, they're not too generous about mineral water (only 2 complimentary bottles) so you'll have to buy your own or keep asking for extra.

Worth noting also that there's been a bit of change since my last visit - there aren't really any chairs at the lobby, so be prepared to stand around whilst waiting to check in/check out unless you fancy a drink at the bar. I don't know why they took away the chairs, but when you're travelling with the elderly it's something you notice.

I would return to Hilton only if forced to, but otherwise, it's really not worth the money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very surprised to read your review and your experience is so very different from the great majority of reviews on this site. I truly wished you had reached out to us whilst our guest as every effort would have been made to ensure you had a wonderful stay.

Hilton Kuala Lumpur is committed to the highest levels of service and quality and I would sincerely appreciate if you contact me at the hotel via email kuala-lumpur@hilton.com so we can look into your experience and ascertain what occurred.

I would however like to clarify for readers of this forum that Hilton Kuala Lumpur does not have carpet in every guestroom as we have polished hardwood floors exclusively in some rooms. The number of sofa seats also varies by room type/room size but with every room having a minimum of one sofa seat and one desk chair. Ironing boards are standard with a simple lever to raise and lower the board and the lake gardens are opposite the hotel and are very large covering 91.6 hectares. For bedding we feature the Hilton Serenity Bed experience and selected twin guestrooms are designed to be seamlessly connected and are fully covered with a super topper. All beds are the same height and are on standard bases.

Our new lobby was completed in 2013 and includes lounge/sofa seating for more than 100 guests. Additionally seating is provided adjacent the entrance and in ORO.

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to receiving further information from you.

Sincerely

Mr Jamie A. Mead
Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We held our wedding here and stayed here too. What a great hotel! The hotel was of highest quality, the service of the staff was exceptional, we had such great food - we were so so so happy! The breakfast buffet each morning was delicious!!! The hotel is located right next to the KL Sentral hub, which has easy access to spots like KLCC. We always took the LRT over to the city and it took about 10 minutes. Thank you so much to the fantastic Hilton Team for putting together a great wedding for us and for taking care of us during our stay and all of our guests!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joysoy,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Congratulations once again on your recent wedding celebration. Much love and happiness to you both. I am extremely pleased to know your wedding with us was fantastic and that you and your guests were very well taken care of by our team. It was a pleasure to be of service and I will pass on your positive comments and great review to the team.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again, perhaps your anniversary celebration, if not sooner!

London
Reviewed February 8, 2014

As ever, the Hilton marque remains reliable. Very clean and spacious rooms, excellently trained staff, well stocked executive lounge, and a great variety of food from the breakfast menu to the in house restaurants. The only down side is its location as it is away from the main drag and unless you want to travel by public transport all the time, a taxi is a must. The hotel is located on top of the main central station which is convenient if you are travelling around Malaysia, not so if you just want to pop into town for some shopping and restaurants. However, do not be deterred by that as taxis are inexpensive and the comfort and the amenities of the hotel outweigh everything!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

We are delighted to read that you had a lovely stay with us recently and that you found the room comfortable and the breakfast of high quality and great variety.

Once again, thank you for your support of Hilton Kuala Lumpur. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

hong kong, Hong Kong
Reviewed February 8, 2014

It would be nice if the room temperature could be lowered to 22 to 24 C. Location is convenient to business areas and connected with adequate public transport. Express train is very convenient and punctual.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Shing Lam L
Dear Shing Lam L,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us and for highlighting the areas of improvement needed. The hotel will assess the standard of our facilities and services and will do our best to meet our guests’ needs and expectations.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit here.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 7, 2014

the hotel was great. it's conveniently located, for both trips around town and the airport. the rooms are well maintained and the service is great. i enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the vip room treats in the evenings. while i used the spa in the ritz, i enjoyed the pool, which is very well planned.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jenchan000
Dear Jen Chan,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for the review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the location, facilities and services of the hotel to your satisfaction.

The team and I look forward with pleasure to welcoming you back again soon.