“Excellent Location”

Ranked #12 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed in the hotel only for one night, en route to another country via KL. The best feature of this hotel is its location - it is located at the Sentral Station Complex - the main metro station complex of KL. From KL airport, there is direct non-stop rail service to this complex at every 15 minutes interval, costing only RM 35 one way (at the time of writing this review). The station also houses a number of retail outlets, including food chain such as Mc Donalds, Subway, Starbucks etc.

The hotel room is fine, it could have been slightly bigger though. The internet service is paid - which is the only disappointment, and a big one for a business traveler. This is the only reason I gave the rating 4 instead of 5.

Breakfast choices are excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 3, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Kuala Lumpur and for taking time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the location of the hotel to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Daniel Welk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I booked an early bird special and it was a great price for a good hotel. The service was great and the beds were very comfortable. We checked out around 12.30, but we didn't fly out till late that evening. We left our lugage with the hotel and there was no problem with us getting access to them if we needed something. We were allowed to use the pool till we left and they also offered us to use the showers in the gym to freshen up before we left. The location is perfect when you are stopping over between flights. You can take the train from the airport to the central station and the hilton is straight across the road from the station. There is a hop on hop of bus stop between the station and the Hilton which makes it very easy to access all the tourist highlights in the city. Overall our experience was very good. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Johanna,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction.

The team and I hope to see you return soon.

Manila
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my first time to stay in this hotel and had a generally good experience during my overnight stay. The location was good with KL Sentral next door had I wanted to visit other areas of the city. The room was clean, spacious, and very comfortable except for the pillows (I think there were five of them) which were too soft for my liking. I am very particular of a hotel's bathroom and this one did not disappoint. I included pictures of the room and the bathroom in this review for TA readers to see.

However, I only gave this property a rating of four because of the following:

1. No free wifi - cannot accept in this digital age that guests should pay for this service. If smaller hotels can provide it for free, bigger ones should do the same.

2. Check-in and check-out took a long time even for HHonors members like me. It was very obvious they needed more front desk staff.

3. I was charged airport-hotel transfer service even though I took a taxi going to the hotel. It was a good thing I checked my bill and was able to dispute this fee and have it removed.

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of servicing our guests.

We appreciate you alerting us to the issues and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

bunbury
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hilton is overpriced for the location and quality. Charges an extortionate amont to use the Internet. I think they even charge to use the TV. Service in the poolside bar was very slow and drinks expensive. Not pedestrian friendly and need a Taxi to go anywhere.

Room Tip: Try another Hotel

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay experience. Guest feedback is vital to the hotel, ensuring the team can continually improve hotel services and offerings.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed five days for business in this hotel. The room is very comfortable, I love the bed and the bathroom to the most. Breakfast and lunch are great, with the multi selection of food.
The great point of this hotel is the location, which is connected to Kuala Lumpur Sentral Station, including the express train to the airport.
Although the hotel location is quite in downtown area however it is not close to the main tourism attraction such as Petronas Twin Tower, the KL Tower, Bukit Bintang area with its shopping malls.

Room Tip: High floor, pool view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 2, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you found the room and food selection at the hotel to your liking.

The team and I look forward to servicing your travel needs at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur should you return to the area again.

Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for four days on business in June, 2013. Room was huge and a great value. I would give this property a five star if it wasn't the spotty services. Most staffs were very friendly with the exception of the person that checked me in. And that sort of started my stay on the wrong foot. Would definately stay again since location is perfect with kl sentral right across the street. Overall a good experience and room service very reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Jack,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to review. I am very sorry to hear that you were treated with an undesirable level of service by our reception team and have addressed this issue with the team.

We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and hope you will give us a second chance to welcome you back to the hotel if you return to the area.

england
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a very large hotel, located close to the train station and with all the amenities you would expect from the Hilton chain. The main problems for us were that the booking, made online, had not factored in that we would all want breakfast (!) and when this was pointed out at check-in, we were told it would be 60 ringit per person for additional. So I ended up eating at McDonalds at the station. Then when we tried to walk out of the station to the bird park, we had to use lifts, vehicle only ramps, cross busy intersections and so on to get out of the hotel. So not exactly pedestrian friendly. Probably fine for the lone business traveller, not so great for family on foot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay with us.

Rest assured, I have taken the time to personally discuss this isolated incident with the hotel team members, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests that stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

The team and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.