“Excellent business hotel!”

Ranked #12 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
New York City, New York
“Excellent business hotel!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Getting there is really convenient on the KLIA express. Unaware of that on my first trip, I endured the long, and inexplicably slow service at the airport prepaid taxi counter...not a great welcome after a 16 hour flight.

The drive up inside the hotel complex was strange/clumsy, through a car park and an ugly ramp, partly shared with the Meridien next door.

The hotel has a no-frills foyer/reception, but once you get to the rooms, you really start to relish the experience. Thoroughly modern, and extremely well equipped/furnished. Flawless wifi.

Executive lounge was spacious, with terrific views...even had a live band playing one evening. Breakfast there was top notch. Evening snacks over complimentary cocktails were extensive, but not too much of it appealed to my perhaps my too-conventional preferences...lots of local fare. I got to try the Chinese restaurant Chynna for lunch. Service was a tad awkward (experience seemed low), but warm and well-intentioned nonetheless.

The airport express gives it high marks for location convenience, but otherwise it's a cab ride from anywhere you'd need to go for business, but I found that manageable, convenient, inexpensive and a worthwhile tradeoff. City center, Petronas is a little far off, but easy enuf to get to.

A good choice of business hotel, great value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 2, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us and I am glad to hear that you found the amenities of the hotel, especially that of our Executive Lounge, to your liking.

We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.

Daniel Welk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Arhus, Denmark
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have different opinions on this hotel. The location is to some extend great as it is situated right across from the central station with easy access to the subways. But on the other hand there is nothing to see or do in the neighbourhood.

The hotel is huge and quite crowded, the rooms are quite nice and spacious, clean and a fine but to some extend average breakfast buffet.

I did also try the japanese restaurant but it was only average and overpriced.

So if you are going for business with no time for sightseeing this hotel is excellent, but if you are going for a vacation you should find something else would be my recommendation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur and for taking the time to share your experience. The team is committed to guest satisfaction and the direct guest feedback is an important tool for our evaluation of our success.

The team and I look forward with pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed there as part of business trip. The location of the hotel is great and coming to airport is very easy...as there is airport metro train. the breakfast has a good spread....the view from the room was good. the swimming pool area was also cool which was shared with the hotel next door. the only problem was the was some remodeling going on which was a distraction.

Room Tip: take pool view rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay experience with us.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and that you found the amenities and location of the hotel to your liking.

We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Until then, safe travels!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Everything ok,the check in are smooth,staff are friendly,now hotel under renovation. Room not very big,bathroom very nice,but he bathtub quite small.TV channel not much choice. The sofa look dirty.Breakfast buffet have many choice,delicious.The location is very good!

• Stayed May 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Customer feedback is vital to the hotel, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve hotel services and offerings.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Hong Kong
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Rough start but better finish at this leading Hotel. From the moment I arrived at the Hotel to the first hour spent in my room, the faults just flowed. Now having previously been a Hilton Honnors Gold member and having heard good things about the KL Hilton, I was keen to try this hotel on my next visit to KL. I had this opportunity over the weekend of the 19th May. The fact that this hotel was connected to the KLIA Express (Airport Express train) added to the attraction and made my choice even more convenient than ever. Perhaps I was just unlucky, but from a fault side, I was unaware the Hotel was in the final stages of a partial renovation. So I arrived to find the Hotel in part, shrouded in the lobby and lounge, one area of the Hotel I was looking forward to relaxing in on my first visit. That aside I went to my room and it was all downhill from there. The TV remote did not work properly, the peddle bin in the bathroom was broken and the Wifi, (chargeable) was un reliable and intermittent. So I went to the 5th floor bar/pub Zeta, only to find that while the place was half empty, it seemed hotel guests were not welcome. Various tables had the sign “Reserved” and it was made plain not for hotel guests. My needs were simple, some live entertainment, some food and something to drink. It was not to be, with nowhere decent to sit, that was the last straw. Now if these tables are reserved why just leave them empty for the first few hours of operation? Why not let in house guests use these for some of the time they are available? So I gathered my things and went to check out in search of a better Hotel. At the reception desk I politely made my disappointment clear, fortunately a very caring and attentive front desk clerk, placated me and after some convincing I agreed to stay and accepted an upgrade to a suite. Yes the room was better, everything worked, including the internet. I ordered room service and while there was some slight misunderstanding, this duly arrived and was adequate. The bed room area and the bed itself was comfy and come morning time all earlier issues were put aside we had a great lunch in the Japanese restaurant, although we had to wait 1 hour for one of the dishes which came at the end. Apart from that an enjoyable meal and the Hotel did the right thing to address concerns and retain my business. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AnthonyHKHongKong
Dear Anthony,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay. I am glad that our team managed to Make It Right for you and thank you for giving us the chance to re-instill your confidence in us.

Rest assured, I have taken the time to personally discuss the incidents highlighted with the hotel team members, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests that stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

The team and I hope look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Brisbane
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Hotel is located across the road from Sentral (train, airport train, bus and monorail station). We arrived at 8am after a long flight and were shown to our room straight away, no extra charge.

The room was very large, very modern and with great facilities. didn't eat there, as seemed a bit $$ considering what is available right outside. Would recommend for anyone visiting KL, especially for an overnight trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Veruca1982
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 21, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

I am delighted to hear that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction.

The team and I look forward with pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 18, 2013

It’s been a while since I stayed in this establishment, and actually have some good fond memories. It was one of the most modern hotels in KL a few years ago, and was the pride and joy of the Hilton chain in asia.
This time around I felt a bit let down. I understand that the hotel is renovating the lobby area. The new all day dining area which opened recently does look good. I stayed in the suite, using my points to upgrade. The room looks tired…lots of wear and tear on everything, even the front door was hard to open and close. Lucky I didn’t pay top dollar. The executive lounge…children running around…not relaxing nor a place to retreat and do some emails with a cool drink,so I didn’t stay long and went back to my room. Hotels should call them anything but executive lounges or enforce the policies they prescribe.

One thing I didn’t realize till the next morning was that my room did not have any towels…seems the operations manager forgot to check that one during the quality checks. It was an inconvenience 6 am in the morning when I was rushing for a flight and I didn’t realize till after I was all wet and soggy leaving the shower booth. It is also abit hard to ring housekeeping when your wet to get towels….I had to resort to the face towels. In 20 years of travelling I have never had to check for the basics especially when occupying the high end rooms.
Apart from that, the only other issue was the fast check out bill they issue over night, that I frequently use but this time the numbers were all wrong so had to make a trip to the front counter to rectify.
There are nicer places to stay in KL, and the competition is getting fiercer with new establishments like St Regis and W Hotel coming soon. Looks like the Hilton will need to update or they will suffer the only benefit I can see in staying here is being close to the airport express, so if you have a quick stopover, then you would probably consider it but in the same area, The Loft has opened for this particular market.

Room Tip: Lake Views are nicer than over the construction of Sentral
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Peter,

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

We appreciate your feedback on the missing towels from your suite. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, we will look into this immediately and will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

We hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.