“Big renovation going on now”

Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #14 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is undergoing an extensive renovation in the lobby and restaurant area. It did not bother us at all but if this is an issue for you - I would strongly recommend that you stay away for now. The room is a bit small if you compare to other 5 star hotel. The furniture is a bit dated (scratches all over) - maybe I am being very picky here. The bed and pillow is very comfortable- no problem here. The bathroom is clean and spacious with a separate shower area. The pool area is nice and you will get excellent service here. We tried the in-room dining - the food is excellent. Overall, we had a very enjoyable stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for your review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Daniel Welk

Write a ReviewReviews (4,419)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was reading so many good things about the hotel and where looking forward to it. It seems everything went wrong. I did a online reservation and when I arrived they didn't had my reservation, even I had a confirmation email.
I had to wait for 2 hours get my room. I went for Breakfast next morning and there where a long line of people waiting for a seat. The variation was not what I expected from a 5 star hotel. The pool are was really nice, the best experience of the entire stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to review.

We are very sorry you experienced an undesirable level of customer service with us. Please rest assured that I have personally discussed the problems highlighted with our team for immediate improvement.

The team and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at one of their executive floors...

Loved the room the moment I walked into it. While it may not have been overly spacious, the way the room was arranged and how sliding doors were used to separate the bathroom from the rest of the suite.

The bed was superbly comfortable - so much so that I just couldn't get up - well, not as early as I usually do, anyways. It was just so awesome to sleep in.. =)

Loved how everything was hidden away, the beau actually thought they didnt provide us with an iron or ironing board. Fact was that it was cleverly hidden in one of the wooden panels.

The bathroom was done up very nicely - nice big bathtub or if you want a quick shower, a separate shower area with overhead(monsoon) shower and even a foldaway seat for the weary. Oh and hot water can get really REALLY hot, so that's perfect for those who need their dose of super hot showers. All the amenities were replenished on a daily basis - no complaints there. The toilet was a little cramped but complete with a built in bidet system.

Breakfast wasn't so awesome... Not much variety and very meh by Malaysian food standards. I'd go for breakfast elsewhere if there wasnt a conference I'd had to attend.

The ongoing renovation downstairs shouldnt really affect people all that much.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that you found the amenities of the property to your liking. I have also taken note on your comment regarding the selection at breakfast and have personally shared your comment with our Executive Chef for improvement.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were aware of the refurbishment, but apart from occasional issues with lifts it wasn't an issue. Checking in was though. At 11 pm after a long journey, we weren't too thrilled to be gushingly 'upgraded' at the from desk (I have a gold card) to find ourselves in a standard room. 'But you have access to the executive lounge Sir!' Says he. 'I know, I paid for it' says I!

We did get an improved room and - after the executive staff stepped in in the morning - a lovely corner room on the 33rd. The staff on that floor haven't lost their efficiency and they made us as welcome as ever. In the 3 years since we last stayed, we did feel the evening buffet and breakfast weren't quite what they were, but things change and it certainly wasn't bad.

Final poor point was a suggestion by the door staff that we take a 100rm fixed rate on an executive taxi, which is plain daft - meter and 20% tip (driver was very good) was 70.

The area is changing considerably, with good lunchtime food options nearby, Aloft now open and St Regis on the way. Hilton KL needs to stop the rot and get smart, fast. Will still consider it for any stopover, but it's not the 100% certain it was. Still, they are better off than the Meridian - an ugly new office block right in front has wrecked all the views fom there.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel lobby could be better imho although it has been through a renovation. Service is excellent throughout my whole stay. Hotel cafe was better than many that I have been to although it is not exactly to my liking. Everything else is rated 4/5! Recommended hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

The team and I look forward with pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hotel lobby seemingly undergoing revamp.
Location-near the airport.
Had lunch at the hotel cafe. Portion was huge but food's oily and ingredients none too fresh.
Had breakfast every morning, very litte variation and not exactly to my liking.

Everything else was great though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Customer feedback is vital to the hotel, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve hotel services and offerings. Please rest assured that I have taken the time to personally share your comment on the breakfast variety with our Executive Chef for improvement.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed for one night at the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel's lobby was having renovation so I decided to have breakfast at the executive lounge. The selection for breakfast at the executive lounge was limited but the food was delicious. The location of the hotel was good - it is less than 5 minutes walk to KL Sentral and about 15 minutes walk to the monorail. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room on the 29th floor and away from the elevator was very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and you found the location and amenities of the property to your liking.