“Location and Hotel”

Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #12 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The rooms are very nice - comfortable, modern and spacious. The view of the twin towers and KL tower from the higher rooms is very good. Connectivity through Stesen Sentral is a big plus and you can get to any corner of the city in a relaxed manner.

Room Tip: Go for the higher ones with a view to the Twin Towers
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the location and amenities of the hotel.

The team and I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I should begin by saying that I am a frequent Hilton guest and that they are my preferred hotel chain for business travel. This was the first time I used them on a holiday and I was not disappointed.
First, the location is ideal over the road from the Sentral station which gives you immediate access to trains and to the excellent KL rapid transit services which will take you almost anywhere. Don't be put off by the usual idea of seedy neighbourhoods around main stations. Not only this is not the case, but as soon as you cross the road and enter the hotel building you are in a different world.
The rooms are fantastic with very good views and very well equipped in a very modern style. If you can get yourself one in one of the executive floors (25-35) do. The rooms are fantastic plus you will have access to what I regard as the best executive lounge I have yet seen in a Hilton (and I've been to around 10)
Finally there is a wonderful terrace and swiming pool to relax on the 8th floor.

Room rates are reasonable for what you get but I have the same complaint as with many other top end hotels: The prices of extras (meals and drinks) are outrageous. Up to 10 times more expensive than you would pay in town, and they are certainly not that high quality. Avoid in particular the Japanese on the 8th floor. The food is average (not bad) but the price more in line with a Michelin starred place which it isn't. This is KL, go to eat in town!

Other than that, I really reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am very happy to hear that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction.

We look forward with pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for 8 nights with three young kids. We had two connecting rooms, king-deluxe lake view and a twin-deluxe lake view. Overall I liked the hotel but checking-in was full of problems. The service was very good because they really worked hard to resolve any problems we had while there. For check-in they said our rooms would not be connecting and that we didn't request it when we made the reservations which was untrue. After we called in the manager, they found connecting rooms but they wouldn't be ready by the 3PM check-in time. To make up for this, they comp'd coffee while we waited and in-room wifi (which is usually $28USD/day). Room service was good- hot, quick and correct. Housekeeping came at irregular hours but were happy to come back when we'd be out of our rooms. The pool area is fantastic! The Meridian next door shares it's pool with the Hilton guests also, so you really get two pools instead of one. The water slide was closed for 3 days of our stay because of maintenance issues but it was very good once it did open. The king deluxe room was quite small. For both of the rooms, the bathroom area is at least half of the overall room size. For the King deluxe, it felt more like 2/3 of the room! There are 5 mirrored sliding doors to manage the space between the bedroom and bathroom. That lead to lots of caught fingers because it is hard to tell what door is moving. The doors connecting the two rooms where really really heavy and would not stay open by themselves. We called it the portal because there are two actual doors which you have to clear to get into the other room. We propped ours open with towels because they would slam when closing by themselves. The room was very clean, the bed was "Asian hard", the pillows fluffy and lots of them, good quality towles, and sheets/duvet. The bathroom facilities were very good with a full bathtub and shower, with a toilet in it's own room. The complimentary toiletries were Paul Roth and very good quality. The pool side food service was also very good. We did have one grumpy waiter and the manager apologized when we mentioned it to him. The food service prices were very reasonable (love KL!). The hotel lobby is currently under renovation which is loud and inconvenient but should be over shortly. Oh, the hotel breakfast is really a loss. They often seated us at tales with dirty table cloths, coffee they brought was cold and they seemed put out about having to serve us. We sat at tables set to seat 12. It was quite unpleasant. The best part of this hotel is the location to KL Sentral. You can take the LRT to KLCC for 1.60MYR, or the monorail to Times Square. All of the transportation was clean, efficient and air conditioned. If you stay at the Hilton you don't pay KLCC prices but can get to the KLCC quickly and cheaply. There is also a Starbucks and a McD's at the train station, about 2 mins walk from the hotel lobby. The Nile Book Store has a good money changer. They had the best exchange rate I saw during our stay. A SIM from the Maxis store in Sentral will cost about 20MYR; 10 for the SIM card and 10MYR credit for calls. The rates seemed reasonable. Overall I would recommend the hotel. You just have to be insistent if they do not meet your expectations.

Room Tip: Pay the additional for the lake view. It over looks the pool and the view from the other side is pr...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Live_frm_AsiaPac
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay experience at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the location and amenities of the hotel to your satisfaction. On another note, I do apologize that the comforts of your stay were interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of serving our guests at breakfast.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward with pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have to admit, I am not a huge hilton fan on the whole but it was nice.

Like others have said, the bed was huge and very comfy, the rooms have been nicely refurbed. The hotel is being refurbed so the breakfast area was crazy and disorganised as its temporary (which is fair enough), but the staff were friendly and always trying to be helpful.

The location is convenient for the train station but at the same time had nothing around it (in so far of cafes / bars etc) so we were always in taxis etc - its sometimes nice when wandering back to the hotel to stop off somewhere but you couldnt do that here.

The pool area was very nice for a city hotel - up on level 8 with trees etc made a great place to comeback to (considering the heat of KL it is a great bonus!).

Overall, I would would recommend it to a friend as a good hotel, not great, not terrible, would I stay there again, yes I would.

Room Tip: higher the better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

Customer feedback is vital to the hotel, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve hotel service and offerings.

We look forward with pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is our 2nd stay at this Hotel (having previously stayed appx 4 years ago for the GP). 1st
time we stayed at this hotel was purely by accident - we were not happy with the choice of hotel our driver booked for us and we just stumbled on this hotel (along with the Meridian next door) as we were looking for accomodation.

So when we knew we were coming for the GP 2013 we chose this hotel simply because it so easy with the Sentral Station over the road from the hotel. Just do down in the lift and the Sentral Station is right over the road. How easy is that?

On the day of arrival we landed at KLIA airport and walked straight to the ticket desk (staff very helpful and their English is perfect) and single journey on KLIA Express was 35MYR per personm (just under £8). Takes 30 mins - trains are spotless and quite safe we felt for all travellers. Would quite happily travel on my own on there. It goes straight to Sentral with no stops.

We knew befor arrival they were doing a refurb and some of the restaurants were not going to be opened as our TA (Trailfinders told us at time of booking).

We booked on a B&B basis. We arrived on the Saturday 23/03 and on check in we were told our room would not be ready for a couple of hours - which we were happy with that as we had arrived before check in. This then gave us time to go back down to the Sentral Station to purchase our train / coach tickets for the GP the next day and get a bite to eat.

We were given room 2413 - not a brilliant view as we had before (we face a park on our previous stay) but we were not overly bothered as we were going to be out all of the Sunday and checking out again on the Monday. Also as it is a city hotel you are not going to get a scenic view are you?

Room was a decent size - 4 small bottles of complementary water daily. Nice big plasma as well. Bed was comfy and there was shed loads of lovely pillows. Bathroom OK as well - seperate loo and walk in shower. Also large bath. There is also a small plasma in the shaving mirror - other half turned it so he could watch the Hi Lites of the GP whilst having a shower. Decent size wardrobe as well - door open right out from the bathroom.

Breakfast was OK - just the normal fare. Not sure if it is normaly held just oppoisite the reception - it was very busy on the Sunday. However on the Monday it was alot quieter and more civilised.

My only complaint (apart from the building work which we knew about anyway) was the bar just STUNK of cigerette smoke. It was truely awful. Normaly doesn't botther me but I am not kidding it was just like walking into a smog. We drank our drinks in the coffee shop - drinks are pricey but aren#'t they all in any 4* Hotel anywhere in the world?

No free WIFI in the rooms but it is in the lobby - if you can escape the cigarette smoke.

Would not really want to stay in this hotel for more than 5 nights as it is a right nightmare trying to walk around outsite because of the heavy KL traffic. Howeve, it suited out needs for what we wanted.

They also have a large pool which they share with the Meredian next door but did not use it. They also have a Spa but did not use that either.

Would chose this hotel again if we went to the GP simply because of being so handy for the Sentral Station

Room Tip: Chose higher flooors so you can get a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

I am delighted to hear that you found the location and amenities of the hotel to your liking. On another note, I do apologize that the comfort of your stay and have noted on your comments regarding the cigarette smoke condition in the lobby for future improvements. Customer feedback is vital to the hotel, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve hotel services and offerings and I appreciate you highlighting this issue to us.

Thank you again for the feedback and the team and I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at this property back in 2007. We chose a Executive Suite 1 bedroom which overlooked a park and some of the city skyline.
The whole stay was absolute 'pamper', you do feel really privileged to be having breakfast with a small group of other executive suites guests.
Staff particularly at Hilton are professional and have a high standard. During evening cocktails, you would surprised that the club lounge staff recalled our names and what we drank the night before!!

The pool is lovely, they have lovely rattan sofas around there and beautiful cocktails.
The only drawback is the location, a little away from the city centre, we got stuck in a 60min cab ride on the way back from shopping to the Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and have also taken the time to personally inform our team at the executive lounge that they have contributed to your enjoyment.

The team and I look forward with pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Hilton KL is one of the most convenient hotels if you're going into the city from the international airport. The KLIA Ekspres (local spelling of Express) is a very modern, comfortable, high-speed train that gets you from the airport to the city (57 km) in 28 minutes. The KLIA Ekspres service is non-stop to KL Sentral station - and that is exactly where you will find the Hilton (and its adjacent companion, the Le Medidien hotel). If you follow the signs when you leave the train, you get to the station exit where you can see both hotels just across the service road.

The hotel itself is quite a lot more luxurious that Hiltons in places such as the United States and Europe. I was upgraded to the executive floor and the very well-appointed bedroom contained one of the widest beds I have ever seen ... certainly wider than a King.

There was some major construction work going on which could be seen from the lobby, but although it meant a few of the regular amenities were unavailable, there were still plenty of great choices for food. Although I was there for several days, I didn't hear any of the work going on and was not inconvenienced in any way. This review was written following a March 2013 stay, so if you read this some months later, the hotel is likely to be back up to 100%.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. The team and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the location and amenities of the hotel, especially the bed, to your liking.

We look forward with pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel sometime soon.