“If location could be rated a 10 this is a candidate.”

Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #12 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Denver, Colorado
“If location could be rated a 10 this is a candidate.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Normally, I choose hotels in trendy areas or ethnic neighborhoods. Never business hotels. This was a first and due mainly to being un familiar with he city. I was pleasantly and overwhelmingly surprised.

The location with direct rail from the station next door to the airport makes travel very easy. The monorail systems and national rail also connect at Sentral Station. Thus, immediate access via an easy to use commuter system to anywhere in the city and most of the country.

The hotel staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating.

The rooms are very well appointed, but are starting to show minor signs of age. Still quite chic. Fabulous bathroom. Good views. Great pool.

Great place to stay.

PS Hat 's off to Malaysia 's biometric scanning when entering the country. Its swift, easy and cuts down on trafficking.

Cheers!

Mark

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank MileHighMark
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your valuable and positive feedback! It is indeed our pleasure to consistently deliver quality service to our guests. We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am glad you like the location of our hotel. Your comments will definitely encourage all to give our best and to strive for excellence in providing the finest to our guests.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you home soon!

Daniel Welk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2012

You couldn't ask for better value than this hotel. The location is perfect; right next to the monorail main station. As a Diamond, I easily got upgraded to a panoramic suite on the executive floor: Living room, dining room, rain-style shower with a view of the park acros the street. It was a truly impressive room. The executive lounge also offers traditional Malaysian food and drinks as well as above-average omelettes and excellent overall service. One of the main nightlife destinations in KL is Zeta Bar, which is just an elevator ride away. For less than $100, it's quite impressive.

Room Tip: HHonors elite members: ask for an upgrade to the executive floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Padraic M
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for providing us with your favorable feedback.

On behalf of the team, we thank you for your support and great to hear you had an enjoyable stay.

Your comment is definitely valuable and I will be happy to share comments to the hotel team members and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Singapore
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very conveniently located next to the airport express train station terminal. Front desk service staff is inconsistent. Service by the women staff tend to be sullen, to the point of inattentive and nonchalant. Did not bother to offer info about wifi password even when I enquired. No porter offered to help with luggage upon walk and from train station and during check in, and front desk staff did not enquire.

At breakfast, a sulky woman silently showed me to a seat next to the steaming noodle station, even though there were many other empty tables available that are more convenient. I requested for a better table and all I got was a dirty look. Incredible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your constructive feedback! It is indeed our pleasure to consistently deliver quality service to our guests. We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Nonetheless, we have noted on your comment and we thank you for highlighting to us on the inconsistent service from our team. I have since shared your comment with our head of departments to implement measure for improvement. Any inconvenience caused is very much regretted and we thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Only with feedback can we continue to improve our service standards.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very nice decor inside. Typical Hilton room with two beds, two tub chairs, desk
And chair. Very modern bathroom layout with mirrored sliding doors with separate toilet.
The pool which is shared with the hotel next door, is good for children as it has a
Flume, unfortunately it does not have waiter service, so you have to go and order your drinks etc. The food - although their is a good choice catering for every taste has been known to be cold. The door staff are very intentive on entering or leaving the hotel.

Hairdressers on site - very good

Room Tip: Worth getting a lake view-lovely view of the neighboring gardens
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

We thank you for your support and appreciate you sharing your comments with us. Only with feedback can we continue to improve our service standards.

We look forward to welcoming you home soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The Hiton in KL is easy to access by train from the airport, being located next to the Sentral station. I arrived in the afternoon, was immediately checked in and went to my room. Somehow the porter knew where to deliver my bag even though he'd taken it from me near the front door and hadn't been with me at reception. Great service,

The room was modern in style but still comfortable. It had a separate entrance hall with a bathroom/dressing area with large frosted glass sliding doors to close it off from the main part of the room. A separate toilet was located on the opposite side of the bathroom to the bed - very good design.

The room had a comfortable king size bed, small couch and tub chair, coffee table and desk with wired Internet. Good air conditioning control allowed me to set a suitable temperature without too much fan noise. Overall noise levels were very low with no sound heard from adjacent rooms.

I had buffet breakfast on the first morning. The food was excellent although the restaurant itself is a little cramped. The second morning I had room service and it was one of the best room service meals I've had. The coffee was still hot and the toast was still crisp when it arrived. The muesli was excellent and it was all very well presented.

The fitness centre is pretty big and well equipped. It has a couple of spin bikes which is great for cyclists like me who normally have to put up with cardio bikes with their huge saddles and poor foot retention straps.

Service throughout was excellent with all staff being very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we appreciate your comment which we will definitely look into our deficiency. Customer feedback is vital to the hotel, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve hotel services and offerings.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you home soon!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed November 23, 2012

To start, the hotel is in excellent location and accessible via train and cab! However I have had the repetitive disappointment on the level of service in every single area of the hotel!
The only reason why I am still fond of this establishment due to its Japanese Restaurant which has its 'value for money' aura every time I step in and step out of the Restaurant. The reason being, the staffs has been nothing but extraordinary especially the Manager (even the Teppanyaki Chef!)
I am greeted, with genuine smile the moment I step in and feel appreciated for visiting when they bid goodbye.
But my recent visit to the Japanese Restaurant has been nothing but disappointment. I assumed I would have been greeted by the friendly Manager and the staffs, but it was nothing but just a mediocre environment.
To my surprised, the Manager has no longer serving in the Restaurant and I wonder if that is the main reason the 'value for money' aura has gone.
Luckily, I still feel the warmth of the few familiar faces of the staff but, the overall meal experience could have been better if I have been acknowledged by the current restaurant manager which passed by my table few times.
For an establishment which possess one of the best Restaurants/Bars offerings in KL, I would expect the highest quality of service ever due to the brand name and the priced charged to its guests. And to have the service level decrease time to time is very annoying.
Overrated?? YES!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank peter_hynman
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

First of all let me thank you for providing us your feedback via Trip Advisor. I realize this took time out of your day and for that I am appreciative.

Your constructive comments have been shared with the team for improvement on areas where we did not meet your expectations - please accept our apologies.

Nevertheless, we hope this experience did not deter you from supporting us again. All of us here look forward to welcoming you back.

Providenciales
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Spent two nights here on business . Huge executive dormitory, well run, pleasant room, characterless overall. Large public areas a bit grim. Would Reccomend for the business traveller . Breakfast good.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay with us and I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.