“Super Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Super Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

The location of the hotel is just perfect. Makes traveling to any tourist spot a breeze. Taxis are so cheap in KL anyways and the station is a minute away.
The best part is the rain shower. It is a big deal! I showered 3 times a day on the first day and twice on all other days while i was there.
Breakfast and food is very expensive in the hotel.
Super property.

Room Tip: Higher floors have stunning views
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

We have duly noted on your comment on our food and beverage cost, nevertheless our price is comparable to other 5 star hotels. We thank you for taking the time to highlight it to us as it enables us to improve on our service standards. Customer feedback is vital to the hotel, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve hotel services and offerings.

Daniel Welk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have stayed at Hilton Kuala Lumpur for a few times. Each time there's things related with their Service level that made the stay unpleasant (rude restaurant waitress, front desk personnel etc.). This time, I was very disappointed with the Spa service.

I decided to get their Shiatsu spa package. The massage therapist was sick. (She kept sneezing and coughing the whole time). She had no massage techniques (basically she was more like "touching" my body lightly instead of actually "massaginig"). When I mentioned this at check-out, all I expected was a simple apology for the disappointing massage received. Instead, they started arguing with me, saying things like "Is she really sick? How do you know she is sick?" etc.. I think whoever provided customer service training for this hotel needs to be re-evaluated.

Overall, I only chose to stay at this hotel during the last day of my trip or when transiting through Kuala Lumpur because of its location -- the ease to get to airport by train. (For the longer stay, I chose Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur. Their location is not as great, but their customer service is great, especially when comparing to Hilton). Hilton Kuala Lumpur needs to improve their customer service training if they want to be live up their *HIlton name*.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank siberia129
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, Director of Operations at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay.

We have duly noted on your comment with regard to our Spa services and I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have since highlighted it to our Spa & Gym Manager to look into the matter seriously. We always strive to ensure every guest of Hilton Kuala Lumpur be it on business or leisure leave the hotel contented, and in meeting the guests every need and we thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. It is only with feedback can we continue to improve our service standards.

The team and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Boni Mansi
Director of Operations
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Everyone must go to the Zeta bar at the Kuala Lumpur, Hilton. The band Oxygen, is incredible. The hotel overall is awesome too, but the band is worth the visit. Check them out in FaceBook.

1 Thank adam_odwyer
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback on your recent experience at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful time at our Zeta Bar and enjoyed Oxygen band.

We will be happy to have you visit us again!

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Chose this hotel because its walking distance to my office. Upgraded to a larger room very spacious with the bath tub looking out of the large windows. Like the toiletries by Carbtree & Evelyn. Large spread for breakfast.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and I will pass on your comments to the hotel team members.

Den Haag
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I checked into this hotel last night for a 17 night stay. I'd hoped that things might have improved since my last trip, but it looks as though they have not. This is the third review i've written for this hotel over the years. In the first I said it was one of the best hotels in the world... and it was! In the second review, standards had seriously started to fall and I think that has continued.

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member and have spent about 7 weeks a year on average in this hotel for the last five years, but this is probably my final stay here.

I arrived last night and was a little disappointed with my room. The toilet seems to flush itself automatically every fine minutes or so which isn't much fun at 3am. Surely someone must have noticed this when cleaning the room? The cable for the internet connection is also broken and it looks like someone spilled juice all over the desk which wasn't properly cleaned up. The room itself is looking a little tired. It's clean and generally OK, but if you are going to charge top prices, then I expect a top room.

I went to the bar last night to watch the late-night match as I have done for years. When I arrived, I was told to head to the Boardwalk if I wanted to watch the match.... but the Boardwalk is outside and only open until 11pm anyway, so they no longer show any late night football any longer, which isn't so much fun for someone like myself. I went back to the main bar and went to take a football-free drink, but was told the ONLY draft beer they had was Carlsberg. Tiger is brewed up the road in KL, but somehow they seem to have run out! The beer selection in the Vintage Bank needs to be a lot better than it is. The wine selection is fine and it is a Wine Bar after all, but a few decent European or American beers would be very nice. Other places sell them and the Hilton is a top hotel, so why not here? I declined to drink the Carlsberg and went to bed. I don't suppose i'll venture into the Vintage Bank again for the duration of my stay.

Breakfast was OK this morning, but again not brilliant. There are no longer any probiotic drinks available and the "American Breakfast" was nothing like an American breakfast. I had two hash browns and a fake chipolata sausage that covered me in white fat when I cut into the thing. Once they run out of beans, they never replace them. There were no grilled tomatoes and no scrambled eggs either. Oh, and there was no HP Brown sauce! Minor problems maybe, but when you pay top price for a hotel you expect top service. Perhaps i'm being a little over-critical and still think back to the piece of rubber I was served in the same restaurant earlier this year that was passed off as a T Bone steak.

Also, for any HH Diamond guests who might be staying here, the four items of free laundry benefit was removed earlier this year. It now seems to have been partially re-introduced very recently with two free items, but only if you stay more than three nights. It's better then it was, but not as good as it used to be. Why insist that your very best customers stay four nights before offering to wash a shirt for free? It seems a little petty.

The Executive Lounge staff are still excellent as always and they have been the main reason why I have returned here so many times over the years.

It's still a fine hotel and anyone staying here will get good service and leave happy i'm sure, but it isn't as good as it was. I feel that the management of the hotel need to put their feet in the shoes of a long-term guest before making some of the recent decisions they have made. It needs to feel welcoming. A long-term guest needs to feel at home... and sadly I don't any longer.

As I said, this is probably my last stay here, which is disappointing, but I know from colleagues that there are other hotels, more centrally located, that now offer much better value for money.

Room Tip: A lakeside view is better than the roof of KL Sentral. All rooms are generally quiet.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, Director of Operations at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Rest assured, I have taken the time to personally discuss this isolated incident with the hotel team members, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests that stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

We take your comments seriously and your feedback is definitely valuable as it allows us to improve on our products and services towards overall guests’ satisfaction. We always strive to ensure every guest of Hilton Kuala Lumpur be it on business or leisure leave the hotel contented, and in meeting the guests every need.

Boni Mansi
Director of Operations
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Had a chance to stay at the Hilton KL recently and only the words that I can say is that it was "simply awesome". It is no wonder that the Hilton is always chosen for business/corporate stay. The complimentary toiletries from Carbtree & Evelyn was an added pleasure. There are a few restaurants to dine in if you're staying at Hilton but for Chinese, do check out "Chynna Restaurant" which is on the same level of "Zeta Bar" the happening club in Hilton. For other choices apart from the Coffee House and Noodle Bar on the ground floor, one can simply just walk through the other main door and you would find yourself in "Le Meridien Hotel". Both the "Hilton" and "Le Meridien" are mirror image "hotels" in KL and was built side by side "literally".

The fact that Hilton KL is adjacent to KL Sentral the main hub for the Malaysian underground train services is an added plus if one chooses not to drive in. KLCC and the KL main shopping districts are just a hop away by taking the underground to get into KL town. If not just walk down to the main road where "Brickfields" or "mini little India" of KL is situated and you will find a variety of Indian shops and restaurants to venture into. Just a word of caution that there is a lot of construction work going on so one has to be mindful and follow the directions as to how to get around the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for providing us with your favorable feedback and I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. Your comment is definitely valuable as it allows us to improve on our products and services towards overall guests’ satisfaction. We always strive to ensure every guest of Hilton Kuala Lumpur be it on business or leisure leave the hotel contented, and in meeting the guests every need.

I will be happy to share comments to the hotel team members. It will definitely encourage all to give our best and to strive for excellence in providing the finest to our guests.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

With the KL Express situated at the same location, its a breeze getting to the hotel, but would have loved it more if there was a dedicated walkway linking the KL Sentral to the hotel and not brave the oncoming traffic at the pedestrian crossing, you never know if they gonna stop!!!
Back to the hotel, we got it early and allowed us to check in around 1030am, got a room with the lake view! Fantastic view! I must say the bathroom is one of the nicest I have seen...big spacious and the crabtree and evelyn toiletries is a plus. The LRT and Monorail services are all within walking distance of KL Sentral/Hilton, hence accessibility is not an issue here. This hotel is a great place to stay if you want convenience and comfort but want to get away from the traffic and madness of the city. Its under RM10 to get a cab from the hotel to Bangsar where there are cool joints and restaurant to check out.

Tried the buffet breakfast, spread was great, the different sections serving Indian, Japanese, Malay, Western etc! But pity breakfast end at 1030am and I could not keep up the pace of eating. In summary...yes I would be back at the Hilton!

Room Tip: Request for a room with the lake view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Greetings from Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your valuable feedback! It is indeed our pleasure to consistently deliver quality service to our guests. We are pleased to know that you had a fantastic stay with us and your comments will definitely encouraged all to give our best and to strive for excellence in providing the finest to our guests.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you home soon!

Kind regards,