“Best Satay!”

Satay Station
Ranked #797 of 5,698 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

Overdue review! When I was in Malaysia, one of the things I didn’t miss was enjoying satay from Malaysia. Oh boy, I missed it so much! My family and relatives decided to order satay from here and eat at home. They didn’t mess around, they ordered about a hundred satay to go, both chicken and beef. I went to pick it up with my cousin because I wanted to see this popular place. Whatever that they used to marinade the satay was a big deal to me, best ingredients! You must try this “highly recommended mouth watering” satay! When I arrived at the place I saw a house, well, it looked like a house. While waiting for them to finish making the satay, I went inside the house to see the entire place. If you decide to dine here, you have a choice of dining inside the house either in a private room or a non-private room but both sections allow you to eat on the floor like how you would experience eating in a village home. If you decide to dine outside the house, the outside seating is a regular table and chair dining style. We chose to eat at our relative’s home so no need to worry about all this. They packed the to-go satay very neatly, in a box. The staffers at the station were pretty good in keeping customers informed. They’re also very friendly and happy. I can’t keep talking about this because I miss it already. They nailed it!

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

I have had satay approximately 10 times around KL and this place by far is the cleanest I have experienced. The grill is nice and the environment is very clean. They have a nice selection of non-alcoholic beverages for a hot day and their meat is very flavorful. They are reasonably priced for what you are receiving and the quality they serve. You can find cheaper, but you also get what you pay for too!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

We had a sudden craving for satay and our last minute googling on satay paid off! We found this branch of satay station situated at the quiet part of tasik titiwangsa. They offered 2 types of satay for chicken and beef ( bigger chunky ones and normal sized ones) at difference price ). The satays were superb with the perfect cuts and ratio of charred fats bits and the lean parts. The fats literally just melt in our mouths. The peanut sambal gravy was delicious with the right amount of spices and peanut bits. My friend spotted ' hot nasi lemak' In the menu and couldn't resist and ordered one . Boy ! It was a hit and it got gobbled down like in seconds . When the nasi lemak arrived at our table we immediately got the whiff of fresh santan from the piping hot rice. The sambal was tasty with the right amount of anchovies. It was so satisfying that we ordered a second helping. Being greedy, I ordered a bowl of sup daging it was delicious , too!
Why aren't everyone flocking here to taste the food here? I guess the satay price is one of the factors as the standard big chunky ones for mutton costs one RM 3.50 per stick and about RM 2.50 for the beef and chicken . It was about RM 1.30-1.80 per stick for the budgeted sticks which to me are just fine . In a nutshell , I would definitely come back for the food as this stall is severely underrated .

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

I kid you not, the amount of mosquitoes at night is crazy! You literally could eat em if you open your mouth- I am not exaggerating and the premise acknowledges that problem. No doubt, good satay (at a high price), but I think to enjoy it, ‘ta pow’ aka takeaway.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed May 6, 2018

We love to meet up with friends here in this house restaurant that serves delicious Satay, Mee Rebus, Nasi Lemak & Rib Bone Soup. The house is so comfortable and suitable if you want to do a birthday celebration or school reunion. The chicken satay is delicious. I tried all the food here, love all of them especially the Satay. Don't forget to try the "Teh Tarik" its super nice. The staff was friendly and efficient.

Date of visit: February 2018