“Spacious and comfortable”

Ambassador Row Hotel Suites by Lanson Place
Ranked #84 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here several times. It's the best spot in kl and real value for money. Easy to catch bus to klcc. From there use covered walkway to Bukit Bintang. The bell boys are very efficient and the check in staff were lovely this time. A big improvement on other times we have stayed here. My only complaints were the very poor Internet on our last stay. Normally it's not too bad. Also the pillows are horrendous.! I usually ask for extra pillows, a top bed sheet, and also a toaster. Also I always request a non smoking room, and almost always I'm given a smoking room and have to insist on being moved. I will defiantly stay here again. I hope the refurbishment doesn't ruin the character of the place.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank holidayer20

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived 11 am at the hotel. We checked in and the girl at the reception asked us to wait in the lobby because our room was not ready. We were really tired had an early flight from singapore and we were with 2 young children. We waited in the lobby for about 20 minutes and the kids were sleeping. After 20 minutes suddely the manager came to us and told us sorry, he was really angry that they made us wait so long with to small children en he apoligized 1000 times and told us that he would give us a free upgrade to a bigger room. We booked a 1 bedroom suite. We got the key and WOW the room he gave us was HUGE! We came in the room and the phone ringed the manager wanted to know if we liked the room. YES ofcourse. Again he told us sorry.
We had 2 huge bedrooms every bedroom had his own bathroom and toilet. The lving room was big nice kitchen. It was amazing. Fantastic view. I was so sad that we would only stay there for 3 nights. Just one little thing, the bathrooms where outdated. They should renovate. But we loved the hotel. Selfservice laundry, for just 8 myr really great. If we ever go back to KL we would for sure book this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I found Ambassador Row to be, hands down, the best value for money, self contained serviced apartment for a week long stay. We had a one bedroom apartment with separate lounge, small kitchen (no toaster tho) & ensuite with over-bath shower & aircon. The hotel was in a very safe area, the staff were friendly with some providing exceptional service, buffet breakfast adequate, wifi was often slow, good guest laundry & the pool was one high wall away from very busy traffic. The hotel rooms were clean, with comfortable beds but awful floppy pillows, lots of dark wood & over stuffed furniture in the ex-colonial style. I was advised by staff that the apartments would be renovated in stages towards the end of 2012, & while I love mod-cons I can't help but think that I will miss the appealing character & ambience of genteel faded glory.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This property is what could only be described as run down....mould in the bathroom, towels threadbare/wornout, dirty carpets. Kitchen was not suitable for cooking, poorly equipped.
If avoidable the breakfasts were basic & the eggs to order cook was missing in action on all occassions....sometimes with half a dozen COLD omlettes sitting on COLD plates. When asked to come to station the looks were dagger like.
We only ate the evening meal once, very limited selection & drink offerings were poor with only tiger or carlsberg in the beer category (both too sweet for my palate).
Luckily we found Jarrod & Rawlins across the road, plus the meals @ the Sahara Oasis around the corner were nice on 2 nights.
Wonderful little supermarket Hook Choon next door as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Artificer101
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My partner and I spent 2 nights here in August 2012. Lovely apartments, very clean and the views great. Booked these apartments because of the balcony and was very impressed from the time we arrived to the time we left. A great location, easy to get around from here. The only downside if I had to say something is that the bathroom could do with an update. Besides that, a great place to stay and the staff very efficient and helpful. Also, very good value for money!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sandgroper22
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and we will be back come December. First the staff, they were fast and efficient, cordial and not too friendly ( for some this is a downside, for me I like it when they are not too friendly nosy). The room we got was big, had its own bedroom, a small living room where the flatscreen is located (the bedroom also has a tv set but not the flatscreen type) and the kithcen - while a bit small, it was complete and realy functional. It was also good that it was enclosed so you can control the smoke and the aroma from going out to much of the kitchen area. The location was accessible and if you plan to do business with the embassy, this is the place as almost all of the embassies here seem to be walking distance from the hotel. There is also minimart beside the hotel- they have almost everything you need from wagyu beef to salmon to rock melons to good wine selection to condiments. I mean if you plan to cook your meals then that mini-mart is heaven sent. The bakery in the mini-mart is also great with freshly baked bread everyday, the croissants were really soft and buttery. The taxi knows the place so its easy to get there, or you can walk 25 min to the nearest LRT station.

The downside, well we got a room at the other side of tower which was not facing the Petronas but we had a good view of the sunrise in the morning instead. The pool for me was a bit small and wished that it was placed maybe in the upper floors where you can really get some sun while swimming. But all in all, this place is definitely a great find and I will surely come back stay there when I go back to KL.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the Petronas Tower if you want the sunset view. There is a better buffet b...