“Good price”
Review of Cititel Express

Cititel Express
Ranked #253 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights, clean, large room. Breakfast more asian than western. We were the only westerners staying here but staff were very helpful. Walking distance to mono rail so easy to access all tourist spots. Night market over the road.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VICKI B
CEKL, Manager at Cititel Express, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you Vicki B for taking time to comment in the tripadvisor.
We will take note on your feedback.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Me & my family simply love the room..big & clean. Good location for shopping.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank HanzalahFatin
CEKL, Manager at Cititel Express, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Hanzalah Fatin

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for your comment in trip advisor

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Nice hotel at a good market place with street food and local shopping area.Good spacious room with good breakfast and lobby. Local shopping is nearby. Do not open windows, (the smell is bad). Although the slum is nearby it is safe if you keep your windows closed. Beware careful while shopping, avoid wearing too much of jewellery when going for shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Twin towers gives a good view, but do not open the window.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pavethra
CEKL, Manager at Cititel Express, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Pavethra

Thank you on behalf of the management and the staff of Cititel Express Kuala Lumpur for choosing and staying with us and give a very valuable comments on the trip advisor

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I read other reviews which stated how the rooms are bad and service is horrible. But what I experienced were all the opposite. I'm quite regular here, I came here almost every month and always booked online, which is very2 valuable. The rooms are small, but clean. The staffs are friendly, always smiling and they are flexible when guests came to check in earlier than 2pm. I always remember a staff name RASUL who is very quiet but his smile is really welcoming. I saw no matter how fussy the guests are, he would just smile and complete his job. Same goes with other staffs. Fast check in, friendly (and patient) staffs, value for money. The location outside is quite dangerous, I agree. But its not the hotel's fault. Just be careful when you're shopping outside. Overall, I will always come back to Cititel Express, plus it is very close to my meeting office.

Room Tip: if you opt to have a queen bed room, go for superior upwards. standard rooms are mostly twin beds.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Faizin
CEKL, Manager at Cititel Express, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Dear Value Customer

Greeting from Cititel Express KL

We are delighted that you had opted to stay with us despite the negative comments.
We are glad that you found the service and the quality of the hotel to be acceptable.

Once again, management genuinely thank you for your involvement in supporting us to grow.
We await your return as our esteemed guest on your next trip

Reviewed April 26, 2012

You'll either love it or hate it!

Horrible, dirty & noisy location.
Rooms are adequately clean.
More can be done to make it better.
Staffs are unfriendly.

Room Tip: Go here if it's really cheap
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Baskie
CEKL, Manager at Cititel Express, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Value Guest,
Thank you for taking time in tripadvisor,We surely regret to be hearing your comments on our staff which we certainly will take the necessary action to improve our staff performance.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

no matter how much is the tariff, staff should be smiling. that is one of the many things cititel lacked. windows cant be opened. hotel staff cleaned my room without me hanging the tag outside. there is slum on the other side. ac is central. not working upto mark. no service for that. though u get a good view of twin towers (1* for that). and location is nice. 5 min walk to monorail station (2* for that). overall okish. try maytower instead. heard its nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
CEKL, Manager at Cititel Express, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for taking time in tripadvisor

Regret to know that ,services provided to you was not satifactory thru out your stay.

We hope this shortcoming will not place us in your disfavor.

Lastly Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience cause

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Warning !!! This hotel is nice but the location is dangerous and not good. Becarefull !!! There is a man down the street just outside the hotel who pretends to be a tourist police he is in white shirt and black trouser and shows a fake ID card and he checks all your wallets and bags and somehow he manages to steal your money without being noticed. I and my wife were walking down the street in front of the hotel on our first day of the trip and we were going to the nearby pizza hut where we were stopped by a man and showed us some card very quickly and kept it inside and told us he is tourist police and he asked us for our ID and then he said how much money you have and then he checked my wallet and my wife’s bag and he was asking if you have dollar as people bring fake dollar here, then I told him I just have Ringgits but I didn’t tell that Idiot that how much I had I just told I have little as I don’t carry all money with me and I keep all money at hotel, so then he said show me and he took it and started counting done he gave us the money back (but he actually stole 600RM out of that) and he said don’t roam on this road alone at night as its very dangerous and he said what chain are you wearing is it gold and he said keep it inside and don’t wear as people would cut neck here and take the chain and he said an asian was killed 3 days back here. Then when he saw other people he went away and he was asking us to come in dark

We asked about him from Pizza hut staff and they confirmed he was fake and they also told us don’t roam here at night as its dangerous.

I would definitely advise everyone to be very careful of choosing a place and area to stay as I found other areas also not safe.

Hotel was good and and restaurant inside the hotel is good although there are some points suc as the AC duck was not fixed and it was kept down, there was a lizard which we found and asked the house keeping to take it off and there was a stain on the bed like a blood or a woman’s period stain which we noticed when the room service came and removed the mattress and they ignored it until we asked them to replace it.

So pls be careful of cheater and fake police and if you find them ask them to show ID clearly and never allow them to touch your wallet as they somehow manage to steal the money without being notice and never tell them how much you have just pretend to have less money.

Room Tip: Ignore this hotel as the area is very dangerous and its scary at night as you wont find any person o...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple