“Zon ”

Ranked #181 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 24, 2009

• Stayed: August 2009

Reviewed August 13, 2009

We travelled to KL for 2 nights last week. We had booked the hotel and arrived around 2:30 pm. The lobby was chaotic and we were informed that the rooms will not be ready until 4:30 pm. We didnt bother arguing and dissapeared for a coupld of hours and came back to only find out that our rooms were still not ready. With 6 kids in the group who were getting restless we finally managed to get our rooms nearly 4 hours after arriving at the hotel. When we were trying to explain our issues to the manager all she could do was smile, even though we did not find it particularly funny.

The rooms were large, bed comfortable but be warned, our second room smelt full of smoke and alcohol and had not been aired out properley.

The following days breakfast was even more interesting, staff we not very polite, even though we had 8 guests booked in for breakfast they were looking at us wityh suspiciion. The quality of the breakfast was also very average.

We found the staff to be very robotic and not even smile, apart from the concierges and the security staff, all the others appeared to not really care very much,

On the plus side, we were given late check out due to the initial issues. The travel office downstairs helped us organise a van to the Sunway Lagoon and the location is amazing, just 10 minutes walk away from the Petronas.

Would i stay there again ? Yes, but i would arrive late to ensure the room was ready, tell them beforehand that i dont want one that smells of smoke, take my own breakfast and ignore the majority of the staff.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ibster
Reviewed August 12, 2009

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I'll start wit positive things : the bathroom are spacious and nicely designed, the breakfast is nice too and the location is good, especially with kids (2 mn walk from a great park). But the room look a bit old and are not that clean. When I booked on internet, I specified that I wanted a cot for my child. It wasn't there. So I asked the reception on the night of our arrival (we arrived a midnight, exhausted), to prepare us one, but the cot never came. The next day, we had t change room beacause our air con was dangerously pouring water on the TV plug. The cot that had arrived in the morning didn't follow us in the new room, so I had to ask for it again, but for the second night and after a huge amount of phone calls to the reception, we had to sleep with our baby. The staff is not so nice, and not very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank beijingfamily
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My friend booked us at the Zon Residences. The downside - it's quite difficult to locate, if the cab driver doesn't know where it is. Aside from that, I have no complaints.

We arrived in Kuala Lumpur at dawn, coming from Singapore on a bus. There weren't a lot of taxi cabs plying the roads then, and it was even harder to find one which knew the way to the Zon. Well, we got there alright but it took time.

Anyway, it's easy to miss since one must enter an alley to reach it but once you're there, it's quite comforting. My friend booked two rooms (there's 4 of us) since one bedroom suite (with a separate living room), with a huge bathroom with bathtub, and a king-sized bed was just less than USD 100. So, we got to splurge, something we weren't able to do as much in Singapore. The bed was decorated with a Malaysian feel and in lieu of bath robes, we got sarongs. Cool. It's a nice, local touch.

While it may be hard to find, it's located near the Petronas Tower, which, in my opinion, is the most beautiful building I've seen. It's just a good 5 to 10 minute-walk. On the other side of the street, is an Aeroline bus station going to Singapore (it's in Corus Hotel, if I'm not mistaken). That's definitely a ++ if you're going to or coming from Singapore.

It has a buffet breakfast, nothing much there, though, but enough to fill you up till the next meal.

(For some unknown reasons, I'm having a hard time putting up pics, so I'll pass on it.)

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank shuurei
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Very disappointing. Firstly, the taxi driver could not find the hotel- tucked away to the rear. Once found- our disappointment started. Arrived at 2.45pm, given smoking room (2 bedroom apartment)- you could smell cigarette before you entered the room( I had specifically asked for a non- smoking room as my child suffers from asthma). I was told this is a smoking hotel and there was nothing they could do about it. Finally they switched us to another room which a family had vacated (which had less smell). We were asked to check out of the room and wait in the lobby where the children slept like bags of sand (Flight from Europe). Room was made available at 5.30pm

The pictures of the rooms on the internet are of a showroom as I was told by a staff. That's is not real ma'am, I was told. Old, stuffy, dark and stinks of cigarette. Construction around the site and Mosque next to the hotel starts its PA system at 6am (forget about getting any sleep).

If you are like us and booking if after looking at the pictures on the net- don't. the real room is 20 years older that what the illuminated photos indicate.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family