The ZON All Suites Residences
Ranked #189 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 27, 2012

It is good hotel for family with children but the main problem is that this is very old place which needs urgent refurbishment. The main problem was with air-condition. It worked but rather as a fan not real A/C. The apartment was with fridge, microwave, electric kettle, plates and other kitchen equipment, etc.
We staid a few days with 2 children. No additional charge for children. We were provided with some old baby cot. No baby bath tub but there was standard tub in the bathroom. There was good tv, no dvd.

Lack of internet in rooms.

Breakfast was quite good. I was satisfied that there were many local food and Asian cuisine.

Location is fantastic. Close to Petronal Twin Towers, Suria KLCC, KLCC Park with fantastic playground for children. Please keep in mind that there is also close to Ampang Park - much cheaper shopping center than Suria KLCC. I found there quite simple restaurant with good food : Dollah Backer.

Staff was friendly and nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Grover_pl

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed there for a night. Location was quite good, very very near KLCC.
Room was extremely spacious and clean.
Bathroom was exceptionally huge and spotless!
Free parking.
For the rate, it's quite worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I think we were fortunate to be in this family hotel where we could relax in our own space. It is what I call a family hotel where I can see many family gathering. Children are everywhere with their parents and relatives, enjoying food in the dining or swimming in the pool.
We got a two bed room apartment with kitchen. A very long spacious sitting with dining room. Both the rooms have en-suite clean bathrooms. The views from the rooms were just spectacular. The hotel is next to a beautiful park where many people come for jogging early in the morning and at night, there are lightning show next to the lake of the park. The Twin towers of Malaysia was visible from all room and we had spectacular view of the towers. At night, the towers looked very mysterious with all the dreamy lights. The towers were very well visible from the sitting room and one of the bed rooms. The second bed rooms had the reflections of the tower on the mirror of the another tall glass building and that was also interesting.
There was a huge mosque down in the park and I thought the noise from the mike of the mosque during early or night prayer times would disturb, but no, there was no loud noise. The hotel windows have been enforced to cut down the noise from the busy streets even. So, it was quite relaxing.
The kitchen has some basic utensils. We were looking for a match stick to light the cooker but there was none. After requesting for matches, they brought it quite quickly.The hotel has a huge dining space, but I did not find the food tasty. The breakfast menu had some variety but it is not very attractive.
The pool was busy from early morning with kids enjoying the warmth of the nature. The view from the pool was also good. The hotel also looked very smart from the park. The best part for us was to take the walkway of the park to go to the Twin Towers and enjoy the shopping malls next and in between the towers. It was just an awesome location. My photos will talk the rest.

Room Tip: Higher floors overlooking the Twin Towers
2  Thank Kaniz K
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked the ZON for the weekend of my lil brother's graduation ceremony. I chose the ZON for its location and was recommended by a friend who went in a group.

I originally wanted to book the ZON last year when my cousins came to KL for my sister's wedding but it was fully booked then. As a (poor) replacement I booked Duta Vista instead and was very disappointed. The ZON was of the same quality (i.e. old, musty smelling apartment), but the staff made up for the room quality by being attentive and friendly. The proximity to KLCC was a bonus too as I didn't have to worry about my dad travelling to the city on the LRT when he could just walk to nearby attractions.

I will probably book the ZON again if family come to visit. This 'probably' may change into a 'definitely' if management spruces up the rooms a bit -- fresh coat of paint, better lighting, thorough carpet cleaning. Overall it was a nice weekend away spent with loved ones to celebrate a loved one.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms higher up for a view of KLCC park
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Although I had previously said we wouldn't stay here again, we were only in KL for one night, we have stayed at The Zon twice before, one good experience and one not so good, and we like the location we decided to stay again for this one night!

Once again the staff are wonderful - extremley polite and very helpful.

We were given a non-smoking room in the Nuri block and this time it didn't smell like smokes at all. The room looked like it had been freshly painted, the powerboards on the wall weren't falling off, the beds were clean, the kitchen was clean. The only strange thing was finding false eyelashes left in the bathroom???

The rooms are spacious, the views are great, the staff is friendly, the location is great! The pool is nice and clean as always. Sure its not huge but it's lovely and the views from the pool area are fantastic. Swimming with the Petronas towers in the background is just beautiful.

I find the breakfast menus a personal choice. There is alot to chose from but it depends on what you like. Personally I don't like big breakfasts or hot cooked meals. I just had some toast and fruit - that was satisfying enough.

We left our bags at the hotel after checkout as we didn't have to be at the airport until late at night. They were happy to store our bags and then helped to load them into the vehicle when we returned.

This visit was hassle free, trouble free, clean, acceptable and rather nice. We will possibly stay here again next time when we are in KL.

Room Tip: Book the Nuri block and if you have children make sure you ask for the non-smoking floor.
1  Thank travellingwoodburys
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great location, but rude and unprofessional staff marred the whole experience for the the friend I booked into the Zon. Having raved him about Malaysian service and culture, my embarrassment for the experience he had during his two nights there is palpable. Such poor customer care and service made it not worth the money or its location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Zon is well positioned about a 5 minute (if that) walk to KLCC. The rooms are old but the beds are extremely comfortable. We had a problem with aircon on 2 seperate occasions and it took about 8 hours before maintenance came up after constant queries. The pool is good. The restaurant food is usually cold (breakfast) as the burners under the tray are to small to keep things warm. But there is variety. We ate in the restaurant twice for tea because we had vouchers, a warning only eat there if you are not paying as it really is rubbish. Overall the accomodation was fine and it was a t a good price.