We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on our way to Langkawi and then for another 2 nights on our way back home.
The first part of our stay was in a Deluxe room and it was only just OK . The bed was so so hard that I could not sleep without getting a very sore back (it was like sleeping on a slab of wood) so next morning I asked if housekeeping could put a 'mattress topper' on top of the mattress to make it softer. They didn't know what I mean't by this but said they could put something ontop of the mattress.
However all they did was put a quilt between the mattress and the bottom sheet and as the quilt was only kept in place by the sheet it became annoying to sleep on as it bunched up during the night and was really uncomfortable.
The window in the room was facing the street and about 4" of it was not sealed properly so even though we were on the top floor we could hear all the road traffic etc.
As we were returning to this hotel after our stay in Langkawi I did not want to stay in a Deluxe room again that I had prebooked so I requested that we pay extra and stay in an Orchid club room and I'm so so glad we did.
The difference between the Deluxe room and the Orchid club rooms are enormous and well worth the extra $$ a night.
The bed was nice and soft with a really thick pillow top mattress, the bathroom was really modern with a shower that squirts water at your body's length as well as the shower head being a massage type one. The overall room was very modern and I couldn't get over the difference between the 2 rooms.
The room was located on the 4th floor (Orchid Club rooms are located on levels 1 - 4) and we had a room facing the back of the hotel so it was nice and quite.
The snacks in the Club room were very tasty with the hot food at 6pm being plentiful.
One thing that was a bit annoying was that the waitresses had to get our drinks, we could not even serve ourselves a soft drink so we had to always get their attention for a top up.
The location of the hotel is fantastic. I originally tossed up staying at the The Royale Chulan but when we saw it's location we were glad we stayed at ParkRoyal as it's so much closer to all the shopping centres.
If we go back I'll definatley book a Orchid Club room again and stay clear of a Deluxe rooms due to the hard bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star hotel managed by Pan Pacific Hotels Group, is centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's prime business, shopping and entertainment districts. It is only 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and mere minutes from the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Parkroyal Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Parkroyal Hotel