“Great value and location”

PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #36 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Stayed for 4 nights while my husband was on business. The hotel is in a great location, easy walking distance to Pavillion shopping centre which is fantastic and has lots of great shopping, restaurants etc.
We arrived very late and had some issues checking in as they had a computer problem. We stayed in an orchid room (one of the updated rooms). The design was clean and quite modern and the bed was very comfortable.
Buffet breakfast is good with more than enough choices. I did not use the pool but the gym was quite good.
I think for the price this is a great hotel as the location is very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed September 22, 2010

I was in Park royal for about 10 days.

Hotel Staff is very good and polite.

You can get all information required.

Nice to stay with an affordable price at a good shopping placce.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2010

After a long overnight flight we were excited about our 4 day shopping trip to KL. I chose the ParkRoyal for it's location, I had stayed here a few years back and was looking forward to see their rennovated rooms. Unfortunately the deluxe rooms were not what we were expecting, I would rate them as 3 star, we then looked at the junior suites which were big and spacious BUT still in need of rennovation. Eventually we decided to pay the extra and upgrade to the Orchid Club rooms which were AMAZING. Apart from the Club benefits (drinks in the afternoon, free internet, 2 pieces of laundry done for you each day etc) the rooms were beautiful. Brand new, modern, spacious, light, clean, just what we had expected of this 4 star hotel.
If you are planning on a trip to KL you can't beat the location of the ParkRoyal, right across the road from all of the shopping. Just don't expect much from the rooms unless you upgrade to the Orchid Club. During our stay we ate at Chatz restaurant for dinner and we had great service and good meals. I believe they still have plans to rennovate the superior and deluxe rooms so I look forward to seeing the improvements when I come back next time.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank kiki000
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed here at the start of our Malaysian holiday for 2 nights and found this hotel to be very good, great buffet breakfast anything you want they have....due to our satisfaction on this visit we booked our last night in Malaysia at this hotel and were very disappointed. We had booked a queen superior room and when taken to our room we thought it was very old and shabby looking. We asked to be upgraded to a King Superier room which is what we had booked on our initial stay so thought it would be the same but to our dispointment it wasn't....the room was in a poor condition. The power point was hanging out of the wall, the safe would not open, we called the Duty Manager who came and fixed the safe and we advised him about the power point, he had it fixed straight away, we then noticied there were crumbs on the table, and when we went to bed that night, noticed peanut shells on the carpet next to our bed....not acceptable. We told them the next day for their information only. The hotel staff obviously needed to be aware of there cleaning procedures. We would not stay at this hotel again. There are so many good hotels in the same location that you have a good choice. This hotel is in a great position, right opposite BB Plaza and Bukit Bintang Street, which is the main street, lots of eating places and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FIAMBERCHELLE
RamNurani, Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your comments in Tripadvisor. Please accept my apologies for shortfall in our service levels and attention to detail in your return visit. I have addressed the matter with our Executive Housekeeper who has shared your comment with all Housekeeping associates to pay attention to detail before encoding a room as ready for guest occupation.
Our Superior rooms are designed as small and cozy and hence are positioned very competitively in terms of pricing, their layout has been appreciated by several of our guests and yet there have been others who have not been pleased. Due to the size, all rooms have queen sized bed, if you could please let me know the source of your reservation, we could update the correct information.
I would sincerely request you to not decide on staying elsewhere for your next visit, please be so kind to drop me a note on ram.nurani@kul.parkroyalhotels.com whenever you plan your holiday, we will ensure we meet all your preferences and make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

If you don't mind compromising a cold reception from staff who don't seem to have a clue what they are doing at check in and tired rooms for a good location and awesome breakfast then it's for you. The breakfast and valet staff are welcoming and friendly but the rest of them made us feel like a rat in a butchers shop window. Like the rest of the hotel the pool area and all of the outdoor furniture are old and tired. There is no atmosphere and nothing inviting about it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your comments in Tripadvisor. As you have rightfully indicated our location is a great selling point being the closest five stars city Hotel to the airport and yet located in the midst of various shopping malls and within easy reach to commercial business districts.
Please accept my apologies for the inconsistent service levels you have experienced within our operations team. We are making constant efforts to increase service consistency across all areas of the Hotel with consistent education and re-education.
The Hotel itself has undergone renovation in stages over the past several years. 2002 / 2003 total renovation of the Hotel. 2007 / 2008 opening of the new Orchid Club rooms, Club Lounge and Brazilian Restaurant Bossa Nova. Over the past couple of years we have also constantly refreshed our meeting rooms and public areas. Earlier this month we completed renovation of our Gymnasium and are in the process of enhancing atmosphere by the pool with new sun lounges, seating arrangement, Food and Beverage offerings by early November. I am sure you will enjoy our offerings during your next visit.
Please be so kind to drop me a note on ram.nurani@kul.parkroyalhotels.com for your next visit and let me know of any additional preferences we should take note of to make your future stays more enjoyable.

Reviewed September 12, 2010

I reached almost 3AM (Flite delay 2hrs) on the day of Hari Raya or Malay new year so all money changers/banks were closed and couldn't convert my Rupees to $ or MR. (i know silly me). I thought the hotel would help me out, I was disappointed as the night staff pretty much told me to 'Buger off' if I didn't have $/MR. fortunately there was a guy on duty and on my much request and asking me If I could go somewhere to get this converted or whether they could take an extra Rupee deposit from me which I could convert in the morning he finally relented. But none of this happened with much pleasure they looked fed up and irritated having even to deal with this issue. Not something you expect from a 5star hotel and after my much request they took a 20,000 Rupees deposit from me.

I had called my usual hotel Capitol and others, when I knew Capitol was booked and I knew all hotels were mostly packed this wkend, otherwise I would have left. So I had to just swallow my pride and go to my room.

The morning staff was much nicer and so were others around the hotel despite this experience, I ordered some traditional Nasi Lemak and the room service was efficient and food well presented.

My room had a terrible view of some parking lot didn't care anyway, as I was out almost all day . Avoid accepting rooms at the back and left corner of the hotel.

The room was a lil drab looking and the bathroom loo was a lil dirty which I got someone to clean and they did immdtly. The upside was the rado station avbl on TV and the location which was right on Bintang walk next to Lot 10. I paid about 370 MR per night

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I am really dissapointed with the services provided by Parrkroyal Hotel. It is by far, the worst hotel management of all that I have ever experienced.

There was a luxury brand sales in the hotel on 4 September 2010. It was raining and the security guard (Tara) refused to let those who were queueing outside the hotel to queue inside the hotel although there was sufficient space inside the hotel. There was a big gap between the queue inside and outside of the hotel. Instead, Tara refused to listen me and slammed the door before I could finished the sentence. One of the staff (Syed Hilman) raised his voice at me accussing me being rude even before I could opened my mouth when he saw that I wanted to walk into the room to see the organiser. He said that those who were queueing were not his clients and only the organiser was his client. Thus, they do not have to listen to anyone of us. The way he treated us are like street beggars. We went there to spend monies to goods and not to beg!! Further, we are the organiser's client, who were indirectly their client as well.

I was so stunt. It really make me wonder if this is the type of service provided by a so-called 5-star hotel!!! The staff, Tara and Syed Hilman were really doing a great job in tranishing the hotel's reputation and image.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank GBCramd
RamNurani, Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor which is most concerning to us. You are always a Guest of the Hotel whether you stay with us or dine in our restaurants or visit an event organized by one of our clients.
As you rightfully mentioned a luxury brand sale is very popular and attracts several hundreds of visitors through the day. For the event itself the organizers had two separate sections during the opening session, one for exclusive members holding privilege cards of the brand and another one for all other valued Guests whereby unfortunately the queue was rather long with several Guests waiting since early hours of the day.
I do apologize for your experience, which is indeed unacceptable. I would appreciate if you could drop by for a coffee whenever you are passing by this end of the city, it will be great for you to experience the true Hospitality of PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur.