“It's OK, just”

PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #36 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 18, 2010

If you don't mind compromising a cold reception from staff who don't seem to have a clue what they are doing at check in and tired rooms for a good location and awesome breakfast then it's for you. The breakfast and valet staff are welcoming and friendly but the rest of them made us feel like a rat in a butchers shop window. Like the rest of the hotel the pool area and all of the outdoor furniture are old and tired. There is no atmosphere and nothing inviting about it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
RamNurani, Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your comments in Tripadvisor. As you have rightfully indicated our location is a great selling point being the closest five stars city Hotel to the airport and yet located in the midst of various shopping malls and within easy reach to commercial business districts.
Please accept my apologies for the inconsistent service levels you have experienced within our operations team. We are making constant efforts to increase service consistency across all areas of the Hotel with consistent education and re-education.
The Hotel itself has undergone renovation in stages over the past several years. 2002 / 2003 total renovation of the Hotel. 2007 / 2008 opening of the new Orchid Club rooms, Club Lounge and Brazilian Restaurant Bossa Nova. Over the past couple of years we have also constantly refreshed our meeting rooms and public areas. Earlier this month we completed renovation of our Gymnasium and are in the process of enhancing atmosphere by the pool with new sun lounges, seating arrangement, Food and Beverage offerings by early November. I am sure you will enjoy our offerings during your next visit.
Please be so kind to drop me a note on ram.nurani@kul.parkroyalhotels.com for your next visit and let me know of any additional preferences we should take note of to make your future stays more enjoyable.
Kind regards
Ram Nurani | Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2010

I reached almost 3AM (Flite delay 2hrs) on the day of Hari Raya or Malay new year so all money changers/banks were closed and couldn't convert my Rupees to $ or MR. (i know silly me). I thought the hotel would help me out, I was disappointed as the night staff pretty much told me to 'Buger off' if I didn't have $/MR. fortunately there was a guy on duty and on my much request and asking me If I could go somewhere to get this converted or whether they could take an extra Rupee deposit from me which I could convert in the morning he finally relented. But none of this happened with much pleasure they looked fed up and irritated having even to deal with this issue. Not something you expect from a 5star hotel and after my much request they took a 20,000 Rupees deposit from me.

I had called my usual hotel Capitol and others, when I knew Capitol was booked and I knew all hotels were mostly packed this wkend, otherwise I would have left. So I had to just swallow my pride and go to my room.

The morning staff was much nicer and so were others around the hotel despite this experience, I ordered some traditional Nasi Lemak and the room service was efficient and food well presented.

My room had a terrible view of some parking lot didn't care anyway, as I was out almost all day . Avoid accepting rooms at the back and left corner of the hotel.

The room was a lil drab looking and the bathroom loo was a lil dirty which I got someone to clean and they did immdtly. The upside was the rado station avbl on TV and the location which was right on Bintang walk next to Lot 10. I paid about 370 MR per night

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I am really dissapointed with the services provided by Parrkroyal Hotel. It is by far, the worst hotel management of all that I have ever experienced.

There was a luxury brand sales in the hotel on 4 September 2010. It was raining and the security guard (Tara) refused to let those who were queueing outside the hotel to queue inside the hotel although there was sufficient space inside the hotel. There was a big gap between the queue inside and outside of the hotel. Instead, Tara refused to listen me and slammed the door before I could finished the sentence. One of the staff (Syed Hilman) raised his voice at me accussing me being rude even before I could opened my mouth when he saw that I wanted to walk into the room to see the organiser. He said that those who were queueing were not his clients and only the organiser was his client. Thus, they do not have to listen to anyone of us. The way he treated us are like street beggars. We went there to spend monies to goods and not to beg!! Further, we are the organiser's client, who were indirectly their client as well.

I was so stunt. It really make me wonder if this is the type of service provided by a so-called 5-star hotel!!! The staff, Tara and Syed Hilman were really doing a great job in tranishing the hotel's reputation and image.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank GBCramd
RamNurani, Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor which is most concerning to us. You are always a Guest of the Hotel whether you stay with us or dine in our restaurants or visit an event organized by one of our clients.
As you rightfully mentioned a luxury brand sale is very popular and attracts several hundreds of visitors through the day. For the event itself the organizers had two separate sections during the opening session, one for exclusive members holding privilege cards of the brand and another one for all other valued Guests whereby unfortunately the queue was rather long with several Guests waiting since early hours of the day.
I do apologize for your experience, which is indeed unacceptable. I would appreciate if you could drop by for a coffee whenever you are passing by this end of the city, it will be great for you to experience the true Hospitality of PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur.
Kind regards
Ram Nurani | Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2010

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel, we had a great time here, stayed in the Orchid Class rooms on the 4th floor these were great rooms no complaints at all. Great food, Great service, Great hotel and a great location, walking distance to the monorail and shopping centres. All in all we had a great stay here in K L.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maddog888
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This hotel is excellent!
I could not fault it in any way. Excellent location right in the heart of the shopping malls and near the monorail station. Awesome breakfast buffet, fantastic pool, massive & comfortable beds and we were welcomed like family every morning at breakfast all four mornings we were there.
My only disappointment was that we only stayed there for 4 nights!
I look forward to staying there again some day.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Booked a superior room for 5 nights the room was newly renovated but superior to what I ask myself. As i walked down the hallway I looked in the cleaners cupboard then I realised what our bed room was superior to. The room was so tiny it was fit only for single occupancy. We paid to upgrade to a larger room after the first night. The room was clean and modernised. We were very happy with location it is handy for most areas in KL.
We were disappointed at there being no normal bacon for breakfast as it somewhat limited the choice of food. There was plenty of choice of food but most was directed to the Asian palate, but what food was available was very good. Finally I must comment on the Concierge who was extremely obliging and helpful, if you do go to this hotel ask him for information I'm sure he will be able to help.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2010

The hotel arranged transfers from LCCT and upon arrival, we were led straight to level 20 and checked-in quickly, then left to unpack and relax. The room was clean (newly renovated I believe), with a great view over KL. The location is very good with the Bukit Bintang monorail close by, providing cheap and easy access to Chinatown. Major shopping centres are very close, all within a few minutes walk.
By far the best thing about the Parkroyal is the buffet breakfast in Chatz. The staff were very friendly and provided prompt service, and gave our son a balloon to enjoy. The range of food is probably the best I've seen in a hotel buffet, and the quality is quite good. The range was so extensive that it goes into the restaurant adjoining Chatz. There was everything from Salads, yoghurts, curry, eggs cooked on demand, to a selection of sweet breads for Kids.
Considering the price we paid, our expectations about the levels of service, food, room etc were greatly exceeded and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable option to the nearby chain hotels.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family