“Great location and very comfortable hotel”

PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #36 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I recently stayed here with my husband on our honeymoon for 3 nights. The room was very comfortable and it was a nice touch to have a heart made of rose petals on the bed when we arrived. The only issue I had with the room was the bathroom having a glass wall which you couldn't cover so it wasn't very private!

We had orchid club benefits with our booking which was a good extra perk - it entitles you to afternoon tea and snacks and cocktails/drinks in the evening. We also had our own lounge where we had breakfast and this was where all the orchid club benefits were served and our own lift to get there. It had a great outdoor bit with a nice view of the city. The only part of the orchid club I didn't think was great was the check in - you have a personalised check in area but actually this took us longer than it would have done at main reception. Be warned though as the orchid club room is freezing from the air conditioning!

We really enjoyed the breakfasts as there was a great selection of pastries/cereal/yoghurt/cooked stuff and then you could order things like French toast, omelettes and Malay curries etc. (definitely give the pain au chocolats a try - they were amazing!)

The pool is a good size and perfect for cooling down after a hot day in the city.

The location of this hotel is perfect for the main shopping/restaurant area and it's very easy to get to most of the main sites from here, either by walking or getting the easily available Taxi's

We didn't try the restaurants in the hotel as there was a fantastic selection within 5 mins walk of the hotel to try.

All in all we had a lovely stay at the Parkroyal and I would definitely recommend it if you want to stay in the heart of the action!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah P
MarkLosi, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Sarah P,

Thank you for your review and congratulation!!!. I am delighted to learn that you and your partner have generally enjoyed your stay with us. I have also noted your feedback relating to the check in process at Orchid Club Lounge. I will share this with our operation team for their review. Thank you once again and we look forward for your return.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Transfer from airport at least an hour, more if traffic is bad.
Arrived in an absolute downpour.
Walked into the hotel and was immediately impressed. The reception was bright, big and airy. The reception staff were fabulous and very welcoming. Our room was on the twentieth floor and we made our way up. The room was every bit as fabulous as the rest. We walked in to see the view from the window, BRILLIANT! What an absolutely magnificent bed, enormous. Dependable free Wi-Fi and efficient air con.
We stayed three nights at the Park Royal. Very well situated, just down the road from the bus stop for the hop on, hop off bus. Wish it had been more. It was booked as an add-on to a Vietnam tour.
The breakfasts were amazing. So much choice. Catered for everyone's taste and so cosmopolitan.
Ate dinner in the hotel one night. Wow. Salmon for the wife and a curry for me. Couldn't fault it. And with a massive discount for hotel guests, what can I say.
The staff were all really approachable. I am told there are hotels in KL that are more luxurious. Well, they must be really special because I cannot fault this hotel in any area.
The concierge staff were so helpful when we experienced a problem with our transfer back to the airport, no fault of theirs.
The hotel is in a modern progressive city which contains many tourist attractions, the Petronas Towers, radio tower, China town, royal palace, Little India and so many more and more shopping malls than you can shake a stick at.
One day we walked back to the hotel from the city centre and took about forty minutes.
Within a couple of minutes of the hotel are ATM's, money exchange, eateries of all types, bars, in fact just about every thing you expect or want.
I cannot praise this hotel enough, the rooms, the pool, the staff. The reception staff deserve a special mention. We mentioned to them a problem with a crying baby in the neighbouring room. We were immediately offered a room change.
If you are considering a stay in KL, you can book this hotel and not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikeromeozeroone

Dear mikeromeozeroone,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us here on TripAdvisor and we appreciate your positive feedback. PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur prides itself on a practical focus and in supporting personalized care by developing strong relationships with our guests. And thus, this is certainly a reward for us when we exceeded expectation.

My team and I look forward for your return!

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I have booked 6 nights with ParkRoyal and very pleased with free efficient wifi service in my room even till Midnight!
It was my 1st time in KL and with ParkRoyal leaving me with very good impression to come to KL.
Housekeeping was done promptly and toiletries were replenished daily.
Even tbough I stayed at the 19th
floor, facing the main road Jalan Sultan Ismail, i can stil hear the occasional traffic horns in the morning. The trick is to draw all the curtains and the noise is quite minimal.
Most importantly, whatever small requests I made, just a call to
the Front Desk and they are
promptly met.
Thus I am delighted that small things do matter by the excellent service provided by the front desk and housekeeping staff.
Keep up the excellent service!!
I will place my 1st Choice to stay at ParkRoyal whenever I am in KL in future.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank RoyPhangky

Dear Royphangky,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and making PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur your choice of stay. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed all aspects of our service and product. I will be sure to share it with the team and we look forward for your return for another memorable stay.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel is very conveniently placed for all the main attractions in KL. The staff could not be more helpful. The rooms were a good size and quiet. The swimming pool on the sixth floor was clean, a good size and well looked after. The gym had well maintained equipment. The buffet breakfasts were just fantastic, more choice than you could ever need. The buffet fish evening was equally well stocked and all the staff were eager to assist with any questions or specific requests. All public areas were very clean and well kept. We could not fault this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carmel M

Dear Carmel M,

Thank you for your review in Tripadvisor. I am happy to note that you generally enjoyed your visit. I have shared your feedback with the team for their review and it is only through feedback like yours that we are able to constantly adapt and improve our services. We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a great hotel, in the best location; in the middle of the town of Kuala Lumpur. I came in several times, but it was my first time arriving early at 10am. Because the standard time to check in was 2pm, I only waited in the lobby, but a tan guy, if I'm not mistaken, an Indian, perhaps. He let me check in early to my room, and I have no way to tell him how grateful I am. But they only had smoking rooms left, but he offered to refresh the room for me. When I checked out, it was also him who served me and check out was quick and easy. All I had to do was drop the keys back to the counter. The rooms is very traditional-ish. But it's spacious and quite nice. Definately will come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Junelee89

Dear Junelee89,

Thank you for your review and for awarding us with a perfect scoring. I am extremely happy to note that we have exceeded your expectation. I will be sure to share it with our team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to see you soon for another memorable hotel experience.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a great hotel in a very good location, there are several shops nearby. The food and buffet breakfast is good. The staff are friendly and very helpful, the spa is good. You can organise tours straight from the hotel. It was good value, we would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara-and-Dan

Dear Sara-and-Dan,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I was very happy to read that you and your partner enjoyed our great location. We will do our best to continue to provide excellent customer service in creating a memorable stay and guest experience. We look forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed in the PARKROYAL for 2 nights in a large studio-style room on the 29th floor. The room was beautifully decorated, very minimal and stylish and had a spectacular view of the Petronas Towers (although I am not sure that all rooms would have such a view). The breakfast was great, very sufficient and had a few local dishes as well. The rooftop pool was beautiful and had a great view also.

The location was also great as we were within walking distance of many restaurants, malls and attractions including the outdoor food market Jalan Alor, which was a 5-10 minute gentle walk.

Overall, I would recommend PARKROYAL to anyone wanting to have a luxurious place to stay without being far from the action of KL.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Oz_Lady_Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback relating to your stay at our sister property, PARKROYAL Serviced Suites. I will be sure to share it with them. We look forward for your return to Kuala Lumpur in the near future.