Transfer from airport at least an hour, more if traffic is bad.
Arrived in an absolute downpour.
Walked into the hotel and was immediately impressed. The reception was bright, big and airy. The reception staff were fabulous and very welcoming. Our room was on the twentieth floor and we made our way up. The room was every bit as fabulous as the rest. We walked in to see the view from the window, BRILLIANT! What an absolutely magnificent bed, enormous. Dependable free Wi-Fi and efficient air con.
We stayed three nights at the Park Royal. Very well situated, just down the road from the bus stop for the hop on, hop off bus. Wish it had been more. It was booked as an add-on to a Vietnam tour.
The breakfasts were amazing. So much choice. Catered for everyone's taste and so cosmopolitan.
Ate dinner in the hotel one night. Wow. Salmon for the wife and a curry for me. Couldn't fault it. And with a massive discount for hotel guests, what can I say.
The staff were all really approachable. I am told there are hotels in KL that are more luxurious. Well, they must be really special because I cannot fault this hotel in any area.
The concierge staff were so helpful when we experienced a problem with our transfer back to the airport, no fault of theirs.
The hotel is in a modern progressive city which contains many tourist attractions, the Petronas Towers, radio tower, China town, royal palace, Little India and so many more and more shopping malls than you can shake a stick at.
One day we walked back to the hotel from the city centre and took about forty minutes.
Within a couple of minutes of the hotel are ATM's, money exchange, eateries of all types, bars, in fact just about every thing you expect or want.
I cannot praise this hotel enough, the rooms, the pool, the staff. The reception staff deserve a special mention. We mentioned to them a problem with a crying baby in the neighbouring room. We were immediately offered a room change.
If you are considering a stay in KL, you can book this hotel and not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star hotel managed by Pan Pacific Hotels Group, is centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's prime business, shopping and entertainment districts. It is only 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and mere minutes from the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Parkroyal Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Parkroyal Hotel