Hotel is situated in the heart of the entertainment district with various major shopping centres and food outlets on your doorstep.
Rooms are decently sized, traffic noise is an issue worth addressing. Bathrooms are as Parkroyal bathrooms are - shower in the bathtub types. Unfortunately my bathroom had a loose tile which completely came off the side of the tub. Luckily it wasn't one on the floor itself.
Entertainment at night was good in the way of a live act. Prices for drinks were ridiculously overpriced for Malaysian standards. Includes a hidden service charge also.
I commend the staff in the pool area which catered to our request for drinks after the pool bar was closed. Not sure why the bar is not opened to coincide with the operational hours of the pool? Also having the pool hour extended would be fantastic as the nighttime views from there are beautiful.
One sour note to round up our holiday was when one of our phones was stolen opposite the hotel in the popular Sungei Wang plaza's Cotton On shop. No dramas as this had nothing to do with the hotel, but when we approached the concierge desk and spoke to the young man with thick black glasses explaining what had happened and requested the police be called for us to make a report, the staff member got on the phone and then told us to take a seat. We had no idea what was happening (whether the police were coming or if we'd have to go to them). Nothing was communicated to us, other than - take a seat. Over an hour of waiting and still nothing, I decided to approach the desk once more to see what was going on. This time there was another man there who got on the phone to head of security to get the ball rolling for us. Now I was annoyed at the fact we had to wait over an hour for nothing and then had to chase up our request. I even ran into the original staff member I spoke to the first time in the elevator during the wait and he didn't ask if everything had been resolved.
Other than this incident, our stay was not bad. However, returning for future stay can only be met with a maybe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star hotel managed by Pan Pacific Hotels Group, is centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's prime business, shopping and entertainment districts. It is only 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and mere minutes from the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Parkroyal Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Parkroyal Hotel