“Good Location”

PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #36 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had pleasant experience at the Park Royal, I was in Kuala Lumpur for 4 nights, I really enjoyed my stay there, my room was always made up each morning the swimming pool and bar are great. I had great views of the city from my room. The staff at the front desk could have been nicer, instead they just give one word answers everything I asked a question.

The location is walking distance to a lot of the shopping centres which I loved which is the main reason why I chose the Hotel.

over all the its a good place to stay and value for money and great location, large and modern rooms and a nice large lobby.

Room Tip: Location Value for Money
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JamieY87
MarkLosi, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear JamieY87,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us here on TripAdvisor and we appreciate your positive and constructive feedback. Taking your review on board, I will be sure to share your comment with our front desk team, in our effort to seek for improvement of current services and facilities.

The team at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur looks forward to welcoming you in the near future.Thank you once again.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Glad to be back at Parkroyal after 4 years of not stepping foot in Kuala Lumpur. Service was as good as I remember - quick check-in process with early check-in granted. I was impressed with the key card system - instead of inserting the card into a slot and pulling it out for the green light to appear, which is common in most hotels, all you need is a tap on the sensor and voila the green light appears! Why can't all hotels be like this ?

We were a group of 4 adults having a short weekend getaway, the family suite suited us just fine as there were 2 queen-sized beds with a separate living area. I thought the bathroom was fab, very spacious with bathtub, shower and his and hers wash basins. 4 towels given, how cool - no need to ring housekeeping!

The Parkroyal is conveniently located next to Bukit Bintang Monorail station and Lot 10 Shopping mall. A further 6-minute walk will take you to Pavilion mall, probably one of the best malls in town, you may find many brand name boutiques in this one as well as plentiful dining options. Try the fine dining Celadon for great Thai food, it won't cost you an arm and a leg. The basement food court, Food Republic, has many options as well for the budget-conscious but we didn't find the Thai food there particularly tasty, too spicy even for our standards.

The hotel provides free wifi however with weak signals. Don't expect to watch YouTube though, receiving mails, Googling and whatsapping are fine. We were on the 17th floor, perhaps lower floors have better connection.

Our room didn't come with breakfast but we decided to check out the buffet on our last day. Actually, we lunched at Chatz Brasserie on the day we arrived as we were too famished to walk further in search of food. They only offered high tea buffet and no ala carte which was fine with us. A big group had just vacated the restaurant so the atmosphere was a little quiet. The high tea was RM58++ I recall but in-house guests get 20% off which was great. I thought breakfast was a better affair at RM40++. After deducting the 20% discount, it came up to S$15 per person. Wow indeed as there's so much variety of food to choose from. I absolutely love the roti canai although the pairing with chicken rendang was probably better suited than the curry on offer. There's also complimentary fresh fruit juices (a rarity these days), an assortment of breads, cereals, salads and cold cuts as well as the ubiquitous egg station where you can have your eggs done to your preference. There were lots more Asian favourites like congee and nasi lemak, unfortunately I was too full to check out the rest. Definitely one of my most enjoyable breakfasts, no wonder it's getting such good reviews. Keep it up, Chatz !

I was kind of sad to leave Parkroyal after spending 2 nights there, the family suite was growing on me, haha. The couch was comfy and we girls watched lots of tv and shared many a conversation, trying out each other's make-up, laughing at silly jokes and comments, snacking in between and well just relaxing.

The lovely receptionist allowed us to check out at 2pm, a kind gesture to round up our nice holiday. Blue taxi (metered) to airport costs RM160, slightly more than what we paid when we arrived but that's ok as these taxis are newer and more comfortable.

For the price that we paid, I think Parkroyal offers such great value -  service is good, in a prime location for shopping and dining, monorail next door - what more could you ask for ?

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank iamtigerlily

Dear iamtigerlily,

Thank you for all your lovely comments towards our hotel and associates. I shall be sure to share this with the team. PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur prides itself on a practical focus and in supporting personalized care and memorable hotel experiences. And thus, this is certainly a reward for us.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you and your group again in the near future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just had a one night layover so wanted a hotel in a good location and this fit the bill.It is in Bukit Bintang and close to the monorail,restaurants,three malls and various shops
I got a great deal online and paid far less than a hotel like this would normally command
The room was comfortable and large;there were 2 bottles of complimentary water,a fridge,and a coffee making station
The only negative,and a bizarre one in a hotel that appears to cater to business travelers,is the lack of power points. I found only 2 in the room-one in the desk area and one in the bathroom

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judik

Dear judik

I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. However, I have also noted your feedback with regards to additional power points. We will look into this matter in our effort to provide excellent customer service in creating a memorable stay and guest experience.

Hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The greatest advantage for this hotel is its location but its not a five star hotel by all means. Rooms were ok, average sized , moderate bathroom, nice food & poor lobby. Food was ok at breakfast. Its an overall average experience. Maybe a little overvalued but ok.

Room Tip: Highest the better
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Daebes

Dear Daebes,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that you recognised the hotel's great location. I have shared your feedback with our team .

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Mark Losi

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at The Parkroyal and booked the hotel on reading the reviews, Wow we was not disappointed at all. The location is fantastic for shops, bars and Restaurants. The monrail station is a 2 minute walk and taxis are always available at the front of the hotel. Now the important stuff, Front of house, Brilliant. Staff were helpful, knowledgeable, friendly. Taxis, in KL you have a choice of what type of taxi to take the hotel choose to use a more upmarket type, compared to the cheaper version. this helps as you will find that the drivers will give you loads of advice of where to eat , etc.
The pool, friendly staff again and a pool on the 6th floor was heaven. Service again was great, but when ordering food, there is a wait as the food has to come from the Kitchen , which must be at the other end of the hotel. A good selection of dishes to choose from. Maybe they could look into improving this.
The rooms are modern and have everything that is needed, comfortable beds and great views of the city.
If you need a great hotel with a great base to explore the city then the ParkRoyal is the place to be.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cazash

Dear Cazash,

Thank you for your review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your visit and that you recognised the hotel's great location.

Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur prides itself on a practical focus and in supporting personalized care by developing strong relationships with our guests. I will be sure to share your feedback with our frontliners. At the same time, I have also taken note of your comment relating food delivery at our pool area, for our review.

We look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Booked a family suite for 2 nights, got free upgrade to orchid club room but does not include orchid club benefits. Therefore I didn't see any point offerring us the free upgrade... We were given a free executive room upgrade at RACV resort in Gold Coast Australia which included all the benefits. Location wise is great.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Protos38

Dear Protos 38

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While it sounds like overall you enjoyed your visit, I have taken note on the point mentioned with regards to the upgrade with full benefits. We will be sure to review this as we move forward.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Mark Losi

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just left here yesterday after spending 3 days, and moved over to the Park Royal Serviced Suites, only because i'm now officially on holidays for a month and couldn't afford a month at Park Royal lol-----but it was my 2nd stay, and enjoyable as ever.

I did stay in a club room , but didn't get chance to spend much time utilising the perks, but the service overall is wonderful, buffet breakfast has a large variety, plenty of Asian & Western choices.

Not sure what the other rooms are like , as I stayed in a club premium room,, but I wouldn't call them 5* more like 4* , and the bathroom itself is great, but I dislike the glass walls, I read further down by the manager in one of the replies that they had blinds, well my room , & the previous one didn't. Still, the rooms are comfortable, fabulous beds, and housecleaning was well done, full toiletries in the bathroom, including toothbrush and paste, which was great as I left mine at home. Paper delievered every day, even had in room service a couple of times when I was too tired to go out after working.

Meals were tasty and delievered promptly , always with a smile, and reasonably priced.

All the staff I encountered from, doorman, housecleaning, pool attendants, staff at reception and especially staff at reception in the club room was exceptional, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Location can't be beaten,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tarni T

Dear Tarni T,

Welcome back ! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed stay and have taken note of your comments with regards to the 'blinds" in our Orchid Club rooms. I would appreciate if you can contact Nazrul Nasihin at nazruln@parkroyalhotels.com with regards to the above, an opportunity for us to obtain details.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.