Hotel was in a great location in Bukit Bintang, and close to all the shops and the monorail station. Reception, concierge, and cleaning staff were friendly.
Due to the hotel's location next to a busy road, the rooms are quite noisy. The first room we were allocated was on the 11th floor with a city view (and facing the road), and with a connecting door. We asked Reception if a quiet room was available. The lady who checked us in was so helpful and patient and showed us three other rooms. We ended up picking a room on the 8th floor away from the road and with a mountain view. The room was very quiet. When we moved into our final room, the lady at Reception phoned us to check that everything was satisfactory, which was very nice.
Stayed in a deluxe double double for four nights. Room had two super-double beds which comfortably slept 3 adults. Room size was ok. Room could be do with some renovations. Bathroom was small and only had a narrow bathtub/shower. TV was flat screen but not high-def.
We had the buffet breakfast on our first morning which was quite good value for the price (about $45 ringgits per person including tax). There was a good selection of Malay, Chinese and Western dishes. Service was attentive.
For the other days, we were happy to eat at the shopping mall food courts nearby (note: they don't open till about 10 in the morning). I'd recommend the Food Republic food court on the lower ground floor at Pavillion mall. We also found a great dim sum restaurant near the ParkRoyal (and one that opens early!) - Grand Harbour at Fahrenheit 88. From the hotel, walk towards Lot 10 shopping mall. Before you reach Lot 10, you'll see a laneway, turn right and walk down to the end of the street. The restaurant is on the corner. You'll also see a laundromat along the way if you're not looking to use the hotel's laundry service.
The swimming pool is a good size and very clean. There's an adult pool and a kiddle pool, and there are plenty of sun beds and sun lounges. The showers in the change rooms are really nice.
Overall it was a very good stay at the ParkRoyal, and great value for money. Reasonable for a 4 star hotel - comfortable but not luxurious. Highly recommend if you have 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star hotel managed by Pan Pacific Hotels Group, is centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's prime business, shopping and entertainment districts. It is only 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and mere minutes from the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Reservation Counter, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Parkroyal Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Parkroyal Hotel