ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur
$75
$90
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$154
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$139
$150
$85
$76
  • Fitness center
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$125
Trip.com
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$75
  • Restaurant
3,683 results
All reviewsorchid clubpark royal hotelbukit bintangfamily suitesungei wangberjaya times squaredeluxe roommonorail stationexcellent locationwalking distancemajor shoppingstayed here for nightsbuffet breakfastcentral locationfood courtchinese restaurantgolden triangle
Reviewed October 2, 2012

First impressions of this hotel were great. We checked in for 2 nights and were given an upgrade to a junior suite - 2 queens with lounge area. Very nice room, swimming pool good size if relatively uninteresting. Then next morning we were told we would have to move for second night! So 30 min packing everything up again, followed by 90 minutes of them messing us around which totally screwed the one day we had in central KL as we missed the cooler end of the day. Ended up in a double double room which smelled of smoke, then cleaning spray when they tried to rectify, and with fridge not working. And the traffic noise was so bad (on 10th floor) that hardly got any sleep. Definitely would not stay in one of these rooms again.
Some of the staff were very helpful, and most very friendly, but the whole thing was a debacle. Too few front desk staff for checkout time exacerbated the situation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JudithNZ
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I identified this hotel as a potential corporate hotel for my company due to its location. However, the service rendered was most disappointing. After notifying them officially via email, the assistant manager promised to investigate the issue and revert via email. However, there was no follow-up done. If you just want a place with the location, Parkroyal is conveniently situated in the shopping area. However, there are also many other hotels in the area with better services to choose from. I will only be back at this hotel if all other hotels are fully booked. Their rooms are anyway slightly dated.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SMoganasundram, Manager at ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at PARKROYAL your Trusted Local Companion. Your feedback is of great assistance in the improvement of our service.

I truly apologize for the less than favourable courtesy from our associates, and would like to assure you that we will share their shortcomings with them for overall improvement.

I would like to recommend that you opt for our Orchid Club rooms, and though there is a price difference, I personally am of the opinion that its worth it .

For the future, I would appreciate if you could make your bookings through me so that i can personally look into the details of your bookings and ensure all is in order for your arrival. Once again, i am sorry for not having been successful in providing you with a Memorable Hotel Experience, but i am hopeful that your future stays with us will indeed make a difference in a positive manner.

Sharmini Moganasundram | Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2012

i chose this hotel and i enjoyed it...rooms and staff are really good and breakfast as well....nothing is special of course but you can enjoy your time...the environment is so-so....i think its not a bad choice but not the best one!it depends on you..while i think it was an average hotel my friend find it a good place to come back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your review will no doubt assist many wanting to travel to Kuala Lumpur. I am pleased to note that the Hotel was able to provide you with all your requirements and situated well..

Should there be anything at all in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally so that I can assure you of another memorable stay with us.

Thank you.

SIncerely, with best regards,

Sharmini Moganasundram
Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel rooms here are yuk. Both rooms we hired had broken shower heads. The rooms were 'average' in decor. The public areas we smart. Wouldnt recommed. The hotel was close to the Pavillion Mall. Staff were 'ok' but not as on to it as expected. This hotel is promoted as a 5 star which, from my experience is not by a long shot.

Room Tip: Shop around for other hotels
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
SMoganasundram, Manager at ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

I do apologise for the less than acceptable room you received. I would very much wish to make contact with you personally, and if its not too much to ask, please do drop me an email with your contact details so that I can be in touch.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. If there is anything we can do to make your future stay better, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again to PARKROYAL. Do drop me an email for your next arrival so that you can be assured of a MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE.

Sincerely, with best regards,

Sharmini Moganasundram
Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Booked a King room with city views, got a room with two tiny double beds with a view of the major roads entering the city. The city views were on the other side of the hotel! Went straight back to reception and told them our room was wrong and they insisted that it was an upgrade because we now had 2 tiny beds instead of one massive bed! And told us they couldn't change it but would see what they could do the next night! So we spent the night in separate beds as they were far too tiny to share, no news the following night so yet another night in separate beds even though if I booked online I could get the king room so it was available. By the third night we were fed up and headea down to reception to see what we could do. Finally got our king room but still no city views!! King room was a big improvement though.

The hotel rooms were both years over due for a refurbishment. Carpet, curtains and doona cover were filthy!!!

Great location, heaps of hotels in a similar location that might be worth checking out!

U-cafe across the road is brilliant!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank anm36

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at PARKROYAL, Your Trusted Local Companion, during your visit to Kuala Lumpur. I am truly sorry to have read about the inconveniences you were made to experience.

Your experience is of great concern to us and we deeply regret that the aspects of our product did not reflect the quality we strive for. We sincerely apologize for all that transpired during the course of your stay especially pertaining to the cleanliness standards, lack of maintenance in our rooms, as well as the inability of not having been able to deliver our promise on your room preferences.

After having read your review, we feel terrible about your experience and we can relate to your disappointment and unpleasant experience. In all honestly, our people are our greatest assets, but this time round, we failed at your expense. The human element of our industry is a very powerful element, and it is sad that all those who came in contact with you failed to see what impact their less than favorable actions, attitude and responses had on you. Most importantly, our “heartware” was unable to make up for the defective “hardware” you received. I will be sure to address these shortcomings with the team concerned.

I hope that we may one day be able to welcome you back to the PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur in an effort to regain our much valued reputation. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can assist in any way, or answer any further questions you may have.

Sharmini Moganasundram - Hotel Manager