“Not as bad as they say”
Review of Dynasty Hotel

Dynasty Hotel
Ranked #311 of 353 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 19, 2013

To be honest, I and my colleagues have a very big worry before visiting this hotel due to the reviews. We do not have any choice because someone already booked for us. Being first timers in a foreign land should merit a pleasurable stay and having read such relatively horrible stories can give you the qualms. I will try my best to put the basics out and give an honest opinion about this hotel.

Here are the plus points:
1. Front desk is above average helpful - I arrived around 10pm and my colleagues have already checked-in because they had an earlier flight. I asked them to check me in but Dynasty needs my passport for verification. Although the hotel is fully booked that night they managed to squeeze me in the same floor as my colleagues. This is very convenient since we need to personally speak with each other for important matters.
2. Room is spacious and functional – Yes the single deluxe in the 23rd floor is spacious. It includes all the amenities like couch, desk and chair, mini bar, and all the office supplies you need for business like envelope, sheets of paper, and pencil. They say that the room gets better as you go higher. Controls are centralized. Aircon is working great and I had a good sleep in all 3 nights. They also have free magazine and daily newspaper.
3. Great bathroom – All are working well such as the toilet, hot and cold shower and bathtub. Complete kit is present including soap, shower cap and foam bath.
4. Location – the nearest train station is Titiwangsa for both monorail and LRT. The front desk is right because you can walk from the station to hotel in 5 minutes. Do not trust Google Map and just follow the road straight ahead to the hotel You can use it to go everywhere including KL Sentral and Bukit Bintang. Taxis are also waiting at the road level of this station. Hotel is a bit far from KLCC which is the location of Petronas Tower as you need to pay at least MYR10 for a taxi.
5. Bed and room are set and cleaned everyday. Towels are also changed everyday.
6. Buffet breakfast – this is the saving grace. You will forget all the hassles as this is very fulfilling and delicious. Sulit! ika nga sa Tagalog.
There are local eateries outside the hotel but was not able to try. There is also a convenience store which I think sell cheap Malaysian basic products.

Now for the things that needs improvement:
1. Room has poor acoustics. You can hear noises from the other side.
2. Room smells like smoke. Or someone is smoking from the other side.
3. Expensive wifi. Costs MYR5. No free wifi even in the lobby.
4. Limited cable channel on TV. Talk about boring.
5. Tears on the carpet and the couch. I think they should just remove it.
All in all I like how the staff have treated me. I like the buffet breakfast. I think what I paid is all worth it. I could have chosen a hotel with fever floors due to my preference but the rooms are not really yucky, it’s just like a normal hotel here in Manila. And don’t worry there’s no cockroaches.

Room Tip: Breakfast is from 6:30am to 10:30am. Don't miss it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lagarista

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I don't believe that I can find a hotel worse than Dynasty in the whole world! We were two groups and had reserved to flats. Our first flat's toilet was not working! So we insisted on changing the room and at last they accepted to do so, this room did not have a fridge and TV was not working! We were there for a week and I am telling you NOT to go there! The safe for both rooms were not working and the other group also changed there room! Imagine that in a warm and moist weather the air conditioner was not working. It's a Hell!

Room Tip: Do not go there!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Anne_Vestly
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

room is spacious but basic n many items not working.
General cleanliness poor n definitely not comfortable for decent rest.
View from the top floor swimming pool great and the chinese restaurant, Tang Palace, a great place to dine. Quality n delicious chinese food served.
Staff at hotel reception unfriendly.
Location of hotel good n nearby restaurants serve great food.
For the price, this is fair value.
Lower your expections to enjoy the cheap stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank merc8989
Reviewed April 16, 2013

It might have been a good hotel in 80's but now it looks old and shabby. Reached late at the hotel around 2 in the morning. The employees were not at happy with that. But i will have to say at least you can have a good breakfast. The pool side is dirty and the lounge is closed. Even the location is also not too good.

Room Tip: Please check the room before checking in
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Saket_Sinha
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in January 2013 and were very well looked after and enjoyed staying in this hotel. I was concerned before I went as the reviews were not always favourable. Contrary to the reviews we had a very good experience. We stayed in the Executive floor and we had a very clean and comfortable room with all the mod con facilities.The staff were very welcoming and helpful and especially at the Aseana Restaurant, they bent over backwards to assist us and served us well. We were a party of 16 for lunch and tea. My husband enjoyed the steak dinners there. Buffet Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety available and spoilt for choice.
The views from the 27th floor was brilliant.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irene642
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Despite it being in the Footprint guide and having great views of the city skyline and Petronas Towers we certainly wont be recommending this hotel as there were just too many problems.

Our room was absolutely infested with cockroaches. We asked to change rooms and they obliged but we were greeted in our new room by a cockroach on the wall. It was thankfully the only one we saw in the new room but still.

Someone was clearly smoking in the next room which meant our room smelled of smoke.

Our TV didn't work. Someone did come and fix it but it just added to the catalogue of problems.

Food was expensive by local standards and not of a great standard.

Wifi is VERY expensive although we did manage to get it for free after complaining about the cockroaches!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sam C
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Its a nice hotel to stay, view of twin towers is amazing,buffet menu is full of mouth watering dishes...located in the centre of the city..local railway stations are also at walkable distance.over all it was an good experience.

Room Tip: higher the better ;)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends