To be honest, I and my colleagues have a very big worry before visiting this hotel due to the reviews. We do not have any choice because someone already booked for us. Being first timers in a foreign land should merit a pleasurable stay and having read such relatively horrible stories can give you the qualms. I will try my best to put the basics out and give an honest opinion about this hotel.
Here are the plus points:
1. Front desk is above average helpful - I arrived around 10pm and my colleagues have already checked-in because they had an earlier flight. I asked them to check me in but Dynasty needs my passport for verification. Although the hotel is fully booked that night they managed to squeeze me in the same floor as my colleagues. This is very convenient since we need to personally speak with each other for important matters.
2. Room is spacious and functional – Yes the single deluxe in the 23rd floor is spacious. It includes all the amenities like couch, desk and chair, mini bar, and all the office supplies you need for business like envelope, sheets of paper, and pencil. They say that the room gets better as you go higher. Controls are centralized. Aircon is working great and I had a good sleep in all 3 nights. They also have free magazine and daily newspaper.
3. Great bathroom – All are working well such as the toilet, hot and cold shower and bathtub. Complete kit is present including soap, shower cap and foam bath.
4. Location – the nearest train station is Titiwangsa for both monorail and LRT. The front desk is right because you can walk from the station to hotel in 5 minutes. Do not trust Google Map and just follow the road straight ahead to the hotel You can use it to go everywhere including KL Sentral and Bukit Bintang. Taxis are also waiting at the road level of this station. Hotel is a bit far from KLCC which is the location of Petronas Tower as you need to pay at least MYR10 for a taxi.
5. Bed and room are set and cleaned everyday. Towels are also changed everyday.
6. Buffet breakfast – this is the saving grace. You will forget all the hassles as this is very fulfilling and delicious. Sulit! ika nga sa Tagalog.
There are local eateries outside the hotel but was not able to try. There is also a convenience store which I think sell cheap Malaysian basic products.
Now for the things that needs improvement:
1. Room has poor acoustics. You can hear noises from the other side.
2. Room smells like smoke. Or someone is smoking from the other side.
3. Expensive wifi. Costs MYR5. No free wifi even in the lobby.
4. Limited cable channel on TV. Talk about boring.
5. Tears on the carpet and the couch. I think they should just remove it.
All in all I like how the staff have treated me. I like the buffet breakfast. I think what I paid is all worth it. I could have chosen a hotel with fever floors due to my preference but the rooms are not really yucky, it’s just like a normal hotel here in Manila. And don’t worry there’s no cockroaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynasty Hotel Kuala Lumpur is a 3 star hotel situated along Jalan Ipoh, among charming, pre-war business establishments, and provides 364 elegantly-appointed rooms. Dynasty Hotel is situated 500 metres from PWTC (Putra World Trade Centre), the Titiwangsa LRT Station, Titiwangsa Lake Garden, and shopping centres such as The Mall and Sogo. The fitness centre and the 15-metre double deck swimming pool are located on the roof, which offers guests a panoramic view of the city skyline. Dynasty also has a business centre, beauty salon and gift shop. Modern air-conditioned rooms at Dynasty Kuala Lumpur feature classic furnishings and a TV. Private bathrooms come with a hairdryer and hot/cold shower. For convenience, a safe and fridge are provided. Parking space is also provided for room guests. Aseana Coffee House offers a range of Western and Asian dishes. For a hot cup of coffee and delicious pastries, head down to Cafe Biscotti. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dynasty Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dynasty Hotel Kuala Lumpur