“a splendid place to stay…….”

Ascott Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the 2 bedroom premier, room number 2509 on 25th floor. We booked it thru the hotel website requesting for high floor and room facing PETRONAS Twin Tower. We get exactly what we request for.

Check in done less than 15 minutes. The reception staffs are very friendly and helpful people.
The 2bedroom premier was amazing, huge, spacious and most importantly superbly clean and tidy. That is our main priority. Thank you to Ms Aisyah whom makes up our room for the pleasant stay. The view of the PETRONAS Twin Tower was breathtaking and the view of the KL city was remarkable from the master bedroom, kitchen, dining and living room. With the view for the SURIA KLCC colorful fountain makes my both kids happy.

The master bedroom & guestroom are equipped with all the amenities. We really love the complimentary L’OCCITANE bodycare and haircare, the scent is awesome. The kitchen is well equipped too, with electrical stove, microwave, and huge fridge, coffee maker machine, complimentary of coffee & tea and all the kitchen utensils. Only minus point there is no washing machine in the room, but available on the 22nd floor.

The swimming pool, baby pool and the Jacuzzi are also on the 22nd floor. The view from the pool is awesome especially at night.

The 2 bedroom premier comes with 5 guest free breakfast. There’s room for improvement for the breakfast food choice but overall it’s edible and taste fine. The restaurant can get overwhelming during peaks hours, but there always the friendly staffs to help to locate available tables. The food is being refill frequently, good job all!!

The apartment is less than 5 minutes walk to KLCC. The KLCC train station is nearby too. As for food, no worries, there is plenty of food at SURIA KLCC. The Hard Rock, KL is walking distance too.

Overall, we had a more than we asked for. It’s a very pleasant 2 night stay in Ascott The Residences, Kuala Lumpur. It is a definitely our choice of apartment in Kuala Lumpur and we are staying again soon…. on Monday 9 December 2012!!!

Well done, to all staff and keep up the awesome good job....!

Room Tip: the premier room apartment for the incredible view of Kuala Lumpur city and the breathtaking PETRONA...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank anahamid
Munwar_Basha, Manager at Ascott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear anahamid

Apologies for the late reply. There has been a change of Managers at Ascott Kuala Lumpur and hence we are a little behind in our responses. Thank you for your detailed comments about your stay at Ascott Kuala Lumpur. I have conveyed your comments to my team, especially Aysha. Such comments will definitely help motivate us to serve our guests better. With regard to having a washing machines in the apartments, in our effort to help conserve energy, we encourage our guests to use the common laundrette. However, for long stay guests, we can assist to install washing machines in their apartments, when necessary. Anyway, thank you again for your kind comments. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Area Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful three night stay here, with my extended family - husband, two kids (11 months and 4 years) and my parents - in a three bedroom suite. The suite was huge and, as soon as we walked in, we knew we'd chosen well. Beautifully furnished, clean as a whistle, plenty of space, three bathrooms, and a kitchen with modernm, functioning equipment.
Excellent location as you can walk everywhere. The pool was lovely, it was truly magnficent to swim in the shadow of the towers. Launderette was an absolute Godsend, and we used it loads (blame the children) - why don't more places have them??
Beds were ridiculously comfy - we even checked where the mattress came from before we left so we could investigate getting one for home!!!!
One of the few times I can honestly say that I have no niggles - well done!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Victoria S

Dear Victoria S

Apologies for the late reply. There has been a change of Managers at Ascott Kuala Lumpur and hence we are a little behind in our responses. Anyway, thank you for your kind comments. My team and I appreciate them very much. We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I am here for a few days on a business trip. Booked because of being so close to KLCC (the Convention Center, not the tourist spot of the Twin Towers) that you can literally walk there just crossing the road.

I usually like to stick with the devil I know when I travel, but this choice has been so far so good. A flat instead of a room. With kitchen (fully furnished and equipped, though I won’t use it, but the fridge is an impressive nice Electrolux), bathroom (bath-tub AND shower, no less), a comfortable king size bed.

Staff are generally courteous and helpful. Not only with words. First day I had a issue with the safe. It often happens that the battery is low (it happened to me you wouldn’t guess how many times in years of travelling) that I just called housekeeping asking for a battery replacement. The guy came swiftly, diagnosed that it was the electronics, not the battery, and told me – it was late at night already – that the morning after he would have the safe technician to look into that. Which punctually happened, with a phone call prior to the visit, just to make sure it was not inconvenient for me to have him around. Problem solved, the guy even tried to explain to me that it was an old model of safe, and how did it work to lock and unlock it. Very kind and professional. He could have well left me guessing how the old stuff worked. But he didn’t.

Breakfast? OK. Other than the eggs pans which are old-fashioned iron pans with not enough oil in it, and they tend to stick a bit - and I tend to be fuzzy about sunny-side-ups with a taste of burnt egg underneath, the rest is nice. Food is more than acceptable, it offers variety every day, and the waiters do their best to sit the crowd of tourists and businessmen alike.

Wifi is free and working pretty good both in the room and lobby (which is not a given, and hardly free anywhere in Europe, so welcome free wifi!), dry-cleaning service works nicely (and clothes come back even earlier than promised – which is appreciated when you have to change to go for dinner after a working day). Didn’t even yet switch the TV on after 3 days here (and it is a nice flat screen of approx 50”, not the bulky and old-fashioned one described by guests from the past). Power sockets are widely available in the room and kitchen (but bring adaptors if you are not used to the UK 3 pin plugs; only naïve tourists expect all the world to have the same electrical plugs!!). Four lifts bring you up and down without waiting, even at peak hours. Every day you get two new bottles of water, no matter having used your previous ones or not. Good.

A last note: hotels keep on changing and upgrading. It makes no sense to still read and trust a review which is 3 years old, complaining about old and bad bathrooms or smelly carpets when the hotel has been obviously refurbished after this. Keep your eyes on recent reviews, perspective visitors!

By the way, I am presently at the third floor and, despite the windows lacking double glazing, the noise from the street is not too bad.

Summarising: big room, efficient staff, good sleeping. It’s good value for money here. Location is unbeatable for congress people and tourists alike. I don’t really find any reason why I shouldn’t give this place a five-out-of-five points.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Homing_Pigeon1

Dear Homing_Pigeon!

Apologies for the late reply. There has been a change of Managers at Ascott Kuala Lumpur and hence we are a little behind in our responses. Thank you for your very detailed and kind comments about your stay at Ascott Kuala Lumpur. Such comments energise my team and I to serve our guests even better. Anyway, I am pleased to inform you that we have forwarded your feedback about the egg frying pans to our breakfast operator ,Tujo, and they have immediately replaced them with new ones. As for the power point adaptors, I apologise that my team did not have the chance to assist you with this issue. As a matter of fact, all our apartments are already equipped with built in international adaptors. They are situated at all bedside and study tables. Hence, there is really no need to bring your own adaptors when you are staying at Ascott Kuala Lumpur. Once again, thank you for your comprehensive comments. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here for 5 weeks while we house-hunted in KL. We had to extend our stay and they were really flexible. The staff were superb, particularly our cleaner, Vicky, who came in almost every day and was so friendly and helpful. The pool is super size, the gym is great and the laundry room very efficient. Spa smells divine and I used it once for a good pedicure. Our room had been renovated and was very nice. A good environment.

It was just over the road from the KLCC park and mall. The park is nice and the mall busy, but at least it sold everything I wanted.

On the downside, the breakfast over at Tujo was uninspiring, so I only used it twice in the entire time. There was an boring view from our window, which was a shame - just a grey building. when it rained, I couldn't even tell!

Room Tip: ask for a view over the front
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoParfitt

Dear JoParfitt

Apologies for the late reply. There has been a change of Managers at Ascott Kuala Lumpur and hence we are a little behind in our responses. Anyway, thank you for your kind comments. I have conveyed it to my team and they are very appreciative of your kind words, especially Vicky who remembers you fondly.

With regard to the breakfast, I would like to clarify that as our service apartments have are equipped with a kitchen, most of our guests prefer to prepare their own meals and eat in. Hence, the breakfast offered is a continental breakfast only. However, as we are in Asia, our F&B partner, Tujo, has added a few hot Asian dishes daily for variety. It is definitely not a international buffet breakfast and we feel that the breakfast price reflects this well.

We hope that you have settled comfortably in you new home and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very good location just opposite the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in KL. Room size quite big and good service. Definitely value for money. Price also very attractive. Idea hotel for both business and family vacation with a good budget.

Room Tip: 1 bed room suite
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear NSFGroup

Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I make it a tradition for me to stay here once a year for my birthday in a 3-bedroom premier apartment with my friends who fly into the country from different parts of the world, and last Saturday (the 2nd of November 2013) helped me reaffirm my decision to keep coming back here.

Granted, the stay wasn't always perfect: last year, as they were renovating the entire building, there were some minor issues with the lighting in the room. Then again, it wasn't a big deal so I won't go into further details.

This year was the best stay ever, because the apartment units were already renovated and upgraded. The electrical appliances and TVs are all state-of-the-art including the blu-ray player and even the equipment in the kitchen.

The breakfast spread at Tujo wasn't very impressive because the selection was quite limited, but then again at least it matches the low price that was charged (I believe it was RM 18 at the time). The staff seemed friendly and I have no complaints there.

All in all, I love this place and as mentioned before, I've been staying here once a year for the past four years, and I will definitely be coming back again next year!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

DearRBHasbollah

Apologies for the late reply. There has been a change of Managers at Ascott Kuala Lumpur and hence we are a little behind in our reponses. Nevertheless, thank you for your kind comments. My team and I are truly motivated by such positive remarks and we will strive to serve our guests even better. With regard to the breakfast, we appreciate you kind understanding. As our serviced apartments have a fully equipped kitchen, most of our guests prefer to prepare their own meals and eat in. Hence, the breakfast offered is a continental breakfast only. However, as we are in Asia, our F&B partner, Tujo, has added a few hot Asian dishes daily as well for some variety. It is definitely not an international buffet breakfast, but we feel that the price reflects the spread fairly. Anyway, we hope that we can continue to be your birthday venue Five Years Running in 2014.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Like previous comments, there are a few words to summarize my stay : calculative, insensitive, apathic.

I stayed at a 3 bedroom premier suite for 6 and guess what, only 2 bedroom slippers were given. After requesting for more, they could only give us extra 2 slippers! What kind of a reply was that?

The place was ok - only 1 hair drye, to be shared with all.
Extra water is not complimentary, and only ONE car is allowed to be validated.

Breakfast a Tujo's was bad, bad food, sulking staff and angry residents waiting for their food with the egg chef pointing at residents for their orders, I found that very rude, what level of professionalism is that?!

To top things up, guest service was absolutely appalling, there was no one answering the phone, and the room was not even cleaned up after calling them to clean up. The reason they gave us for not cleaning - someone told them not to! There was nobody in the room them as we were all out for my wedding reception!

The front desk was also not helpful, we were only told that this will be investigated, but who knows, they would probably forget about this.

Talking about this hotel makes me angry, as it isn't worth the price we paid. So probably will not be worth YOUR money too. Should definitely look for another place.

Room Tip: Don't even think about it
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank JDi1
Timothy Wong W, Manager at Ascott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Ascott Kuala Lumpur. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay experience with us.

While we strive to maintain the highest customer satisfaction standards, monitoring our effectiveness can be a challenge at times. We welcome suggestions such as yours as they indicate the areas where we can further improve.

I have noted your observations and recommendations for improvements. We seek for your kind understanding and patience as some of the improvements may take some times to be implemented. We will continue in our improvement efforts to provide excellent service and products to our residents.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Yours sincerely