Ascott Kuala Lumpur
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$139
$150
$87
$66
Agoda.com
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$75
$70
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$153
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$125
$95
Trip.com
$85
$76
  • Fitness center
$68
1,252 results
All reviewsbedroom apartmentjalan pinangpetronas towerssky loungesuria klccwell equipped kitchenmins walk to klccbukit bintangswimming poolfull kitchenhome away from homeexcellent locationlong stayhigh floorconvenience storeliving areapleasant stay
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My family and I (4A 2C) booked a 2-bedroom suite at The Ascott, Kuala Lumpur for a 3 night family getaway from 20 to 23 December 2012. The suite cost RM600++ per night with breakfast and it was worth every cent!

1. As we drove in to the front lobby, we were warmly greeted by the friendly Malay concierge in their traditional smart songkoks. Their welcoming smiles really made our day after a long journey on the road!

2. The lobby is really small and seats only 2 front desk personnels manning the check-in/out counters. The personnel handling our check in was polite and put on a warm smile throughout despite (my guess) not being well supported by housekeeping whom we can hear while she was on the walkie talkie with them to see if our room was ready.

3. While waiting, they served us welcome drinks at their sky lounge. We got a room at Unit 1104 which was on the 11th floor and quite frankly was the start of our 5-star holiday.

4. Room
I loved everything about the room. It has a spacious master bedroom and toilet. The guest room comes with a adjoining common toilet. The living room was also fairly spacious with a huge round dining table. There were also many channels on tv for you to choose from. The carpet is fantastically clean (they just had it shampooed right before we checked in) and the bed was so comfortable I was practically glued to it! The kitchen was also complete with everything you need for cooking, microwaving and dining utensils.

5. The 22nd floor
This is the place to be. Why? Cause it serves fantastic breathtaking  views day and night from all angles. Bring your camera cause this is it!
a) Pool
This is where the marvelous pool is! There are 3 parts to the pool and you should really head for the infinity pool. It serves no boundaries and you'd feel like you're at the edge of the building. Great place to take photos. You would get the KL Tower as a backdrop for your photo shoots! Check out my photos.

b) Sky Lounge
This is where breakfast is served. We did our 1st breakfast in the lounge itself but had it by the pool on the 2nd & 3rd days. Having breakfast by the pool was just awesome! The paranormal view was simply breathtaking and is a must do during your stay here. They serve the same spread in the lounge and by the pool and the spread was fabulous! The staff there were a fantastic team, making our stay there laughable and joyful always.

c) Kamboja Spa
The prices here are a little steep. As my family decided to visit the Sunway Pyramid at Petaling Jaya, i decided to go for a Thai Traditional Massage there at Karabuning (next to the ice skating rink) for only RM128++ for 2hrs! My masseur is Kae, from Thailand. I have just one word: AWESOME!

d) Gym
My kids and I visited the gym every night during our stay. I managed to do a 2.4km jog on the treadmill which was a bonus since I hardly ever do it back home. My kids tagged along on the other treadmills and equipments.

e) Laundry
If you plan to do away with your many laundry when you get back home from your holiday, do one here while you are at the gym before you head back home.

6) Fruits
They serve fruits in a basket right at the entrance of the lift lobby on the Thurs/Fri we were there. Great snack to take away with you whilst on the move.

7) Convenient store
There's a store which sells what you need there just in case.

8) Wifi
It is available only at the lobby or Level 22. Else you would need a LAN cable in the room.

9) Location
The service apartment is located a stone's throw away from KLCC and just a 2 mins walk to an air-conditioned bridge which links to Bukit Bintang, Pavilion and so on, information courtesy of the concierge. Be sure to check it out! We did and it was our first.

That's all I have. I hope you have an enjoyable stay here. My family and I sure did and we will be back, insyaallah! The room was just superb!

Thank you Ascott for having such heartwarming, cheerful staff and to Florence Yee, the Reservation Manager for making our reservation happen!

Shikin, Singapore 

• Stayed: December 2012
AscottKL, Assistant Residence Manager at Ascott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Nurashikin,

Thank you for your posting. We are glad that you have enjoy your stay with us.

Kindly be informed that our newly refubished apartments are now ready for reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience these new features.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights and we were fortunate to experience the refurbished rooms which were absolutely excellent! Modern, comfortable and spacious it made us feel at home right away.

Ascott is located within 5 minutes by foot to KLCC which means access to f&b and shopping galore.

One can also use the bridge (sheltered ) located nearby to walk to pavilion in the bukit bintang area.

As for public transport it's probably less than 10mins by foot to nearest LRT/monorail ... Which is fairly convenient.

Overall a fairly convenient location and suitable for family. As there's a pool and a play ground.

If there is any 'negatives' I would say its during breakfast which gets very crowded during weekends and I think the restaurant space is insufficient.

Second negative is that we called housekeeping for extra towels that did not come!

However these did not really mar our otherwise very pleasant stay at Ascott!

I'd recommend it for families and anyone who wants a home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2012
AscottKL, General Manager at Ascott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Longweiz,

Thank you for kind postings and glad that you enjoy your stay with us.

Your comments are well noted and will help us on our continual improvement.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My family and myself stayed at the ascott's from Dec 5-8 2012. I was very please with the hotel room interior decorations. It brought in a very exclusive outlook. Mine was a 3 room apartment, every room had a bathroom which was well equipped. Shower gels n etc was from L'ottaine. Fancy. Room service or house keeping was splendid, on time and very failed to greet us when we bump in to them. The one thing I would particularly mention is their bell boys, awesome lads, super friendly, communication skill top notch, very informative about the vicinity and trustworthy !. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone !

A little negative is, their restaurant sucks ! Go out and have breakfast/lunch/dinner elsewhere seriously.

Room Tip: Take high floors, awesome view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Shariffable

Dear Shariffable,

Thank you for your posting and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Noted on your comments on the restaurant and we will work closely with them on this matter for our continual improvement.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here with my family for 4 days and 3 nights in December 2012. We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit. which comes with 1 king sized bed in master bedroom, a queen sized bed in the 2nd bedroom and 2 singles in the 3rd room. Each room has a connecting toilet. The master bedroom has a bathtub and shower area. There is a large living room and dining room with a kitchenette that is fully equipped with microwave oven, dishwasher and refrigerator. It was very comfortable for my family. KLCC is within the immediate vicinity which made it very convenient. KLL has lots of shops and restaurants - so we didn't use the kitchenette much. There are happening pubs within walking distance but not too near as to make the place noisy. The breakfast team who greeted us with smiles every morning, gave us great service. Very courteous and attentive. The breakfast selection was limited but satisfactory. The rooms didn't have wifi. I had to make do with internet access using lan cable, but I understand that this will change as they are int he midst of refurbishing the whole place. Although this place is slightly pricey, I am fully satisfied with Ascott because of its choice location and also very comfortable and clean accommodation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Shyzan,

Thank you for your posting and glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Kindly be informed that 2 phases of our newly refurbished apartments are now ready for reservations. These new apartments with a new facelift comes equip with wifi, new TVs, furniture and beds. The new lobby has also started operations recently

Hope to welcome you back again in the near future

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the Ascott Kuala Lumpur for one month whilst on relocation to KL - this was a great choice! Our one bedroom suite room - with large fridge, cooker, microwave (have never used one, but it was there so thought I should mention it), had a good spacious living area, tastefully decorated and a balcony off each room. The Ascott is currently under renovation (due to be completed mid 2013) but that did not affect our stay in any way, the room was great even before renovation!
The pool area on the 22nd floor was nice and not crowded, great views of the city from the 22nd floor Sky Lounge Restaurant - with excellent food and an accommodating chef if you wanted to change the menu a bit.
Breakfast was a bit noisy but a good selection of foods and an egg station for cooked to order omelettes etc. A good sized gym was also on this floor (did not use it as was too lazy) and also a spa.
There is a small shop under the Ascott (open 9.30am-10pm, 5pm on Sundays) which stocked most things - it was nice to not lug the 5.5litre bottles back from KLCC/Cold Storage in Suria.
The ground floor 7atenine restaurant gave a 10% discounts for Ascott guests - this is a really nice and friendly bar/restaurant, great staff - but they will be closed Jan/Feb 2013 for refurbishment, including a new name - look forward to trying it out in March!
I would highly recommend short or long stays at the Ascott - it is very convenient to KLCC/Suria and the Pavillion shopping Malls as well as an easy walk to Bukit Bintang etc

Room Tip: Recommend a partial view of the park - and if there over New Year try and get a view of the Petronas Twin towers to see the fireworks.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Caldavies,

Thank you for your posting.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.