Open today: 9:30 AM - 4:15 PM

Book in advance
from
$18.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience National Planetarium
from $18.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

There is nothing special to see in the exhibition. Some of the things are broken and not functioning.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank onghm6950
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

This really is a gem if a place. The exhibit halls are free and they offer an interesting perspective on space travel with lots of great hands on opportunities including a space craft to sit in. Kids will love the anti/gravity room.
The main dome has shows during the day on the hour. We watched "Journey to the Sun" and this was a British film where you fly through our galaxy and learn about stellar parallax in an interesting way.
And, wow, the price ... just £2.50 each for the show!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank David_Jackson850
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

This is a good place to learn outer space, planet & related history. There are indoor & outdoor exhibition. Outdoor is free. Theatre will need to pay. Parking is Limited. Overall are good experience

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

this place is more suitable for kids to play. its hard to enjoy without a guide to brief bout all displays. not all visitors will enjoy reading those board info. get bored after 30min inside. for me, the gravity room, airspace toilet, sleeping bag, space costume are the main displays which draw my attention.

there is a lift access to the observation deck, but we just stayed there for max 5min due to the hot weather and no aircon at all. staircase is blocked with chairs, so lift is the only way up and down, shud be an issue for safety.

if you have plenty time in KL, can drop by to this planetarium after a visit to the KL BirdPark, which is around in the same area.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed August 18, 2017

I had never visited any Planetarium in Asia before. Last planetarium I had visited was Adler Planetarium in Chicago Illinois. If I compare both of them - I feel National Planetarium to be dull.

I visited it after National Museum in last July 2016. Place was deserted. There were very few folks inside. I had previously ignored this place in 2009 trip. Ticket was modern less than MYR 15.

There are around 100 - 200 different displays. There is a lack of interest in visiting this place. I was one of few "tourists" in there. It started raining later in the evening - might be some folks taking refuge from elements inside.

This place is better suited for young kids. I think as an adult I find it boring. There is an observation deck that allows you to take photos 360 degrees. However access to this "tower" is hidden. I just happen to walk by a sign indicating its place.

I took around 1 hour to complete my visit and I was not impressed. Much more to do.

Date of experience: September 2016