Open today: 9:30 AM - 4:15 PM

Book in advance
from
$18.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience National Planetarium
from $18.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2017

With my friends, I visited this place today.My friend remarked that the Periodic table was done very well i.e relating the elements to daily items.
It was great to see How Thallium was related to a plastic item.Every human being must visit this place.The over all place is free of cost but there are paid parts too.
There are places that give due credit to many scientists.
Most of all many schools are bring their students.There is need for families to come here.Also this place is near the National Mosque.
And there is not enough time to understand every aspect and this will induce more learning.There are experiments places.There are few exhibits on space travel.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Went there recently just to kill some time. The entrance is free, but need to pay rm6 for the cinema ticket. The information is well written and interesting. The film in the theater is a bit boring since they use old film. But I couldn't take my eyes off the night skyline scene in the sphere cinema.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed February 17, 2017

Unless you are planning to actually visit it, like go inside and do some activity, there is no point in visiting. From the outside it's just an unremarkable building. You might stop by if you are in the area, but there is no point in going out of your way just to have a look at it.
Btw, on the map it seems like it's pretty close to KL Sentral, and it is, except that there is just no way to reach it. I circled around for over an hour, and there is simply no sidewalk or street to get there. You will have to walk on the road/highway and run across it, trying to avoid getting hit by a car. I eventually tried to take a taxi, but taxi driver was very puzzled, and simply took me back to KL Sentral. So from there I took another train to Kuala Lumpur Station, and then it was pretty easy to walk to it.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Yuki4by
Reviewed February 2, 2017

We got to the museum at just after 10am and saw they offered free tours weekdays starting at 10am. We hurried to find the English speaking tour and joined in. The guides are volunteers and not only explained the key exhibits but also context and stories related to the history we were looking at. Our guide Eunice was a real character and brought the exhibits and history alive with her stories and explanations.

We learned a lot about the history of the country and its different areas.

It was well worth a visit.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank radaNZ
Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

I loved my little side trip to this planetarium. The view from the high deck is good. To a few panoramic shots. The displays are nice. This is no Kennedy Space Center but you knew it wasn't going to be all that. Still, the AC is chugging away in there and it's all good. I was struck by the slant towards Russia in its portrayal of the exploration of space. Maybe they donated the money to build it and got top billing from it?

Date of experience: January 2017