“Good deals , and Rich experience”

Chinatown - Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #39 of 297 things to do in Kuala Lumpur
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sample mouthwatering dumplings, then revel in the shopping fervor and bag a bargain at the lively Petaling Street Market.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Truly Asian experience. Food , smells , and small shops.
you can find every thing here , and can get very good deals too.

Be careful and never pay the asked price.

Start with 30 % , and accept 50 % is the most common. challenge yourself and see how far you can go in barging

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Excellent place to get fake items. You name it , they've got it. However, most of them are actually from China. 80% of the goods there are from China but they will probably claim its "made in Malaysia".

Anyway.. best part is the FOOD !!! try everything there !! ENJOY !!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I caught the free Go-KL bus to Chinatown after hearing that it's a "must-see" in KL.

I was pretty turned off by people constantly coming up to me asking if I want "dvd movies" which were obviously pirated. There were a lot of counterfeit goods too which didn't interest me.

I walked by a few food stalls but wasn't keen on trying anything as it looked like food had been standing out for a while. Having said that, I didn't go everywhere in Chinatown so I'm sure that there are some nice eateries that I didn't walk by.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

A great area to shop and soak up the atmosphere. Lunch was unbelievably cheap at the Central Market food hall.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Heard from my friend the noodles here is a must try but I must confess it was a let down. Maybe the hotel we went wasn't good enough. Also, my wife's dish from another restau wasn't good either. We both dropped our forks after few bites.
There was a fruit shop at the corner which turned to be very good though, so that was our dinner. Make sure you bargain and get your stuffs, you can deal some good deals here if you have the knack.