“Condo staff were excellent but Agoda lied”

Brunsfield Embassyview Condosuite
Singapore
“Condo staff were excellent but Agoda lied”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had no complains of the Condominium but I have a major issue with Agoda. I had booked the wrong date of my stay (7-10th Aug) instead of 8-11th Aug. I pleaded with Agoda Customer Service to help me but I was repeatedly told that they tried checking with the Condo but the Condo rejected my request. In the end, I called Brunsfied Embassyview Condominium directly and spoke with Jane (a Senior Executive) and she was very helpful. She kindly agreed to my request at NO SURCHARGE/PENALTY knowing that it involved 2 other families. She gave me instructions to tell Agoda to issue me another voucher to reflect the revised dates and she had, on her part, emailed to Agoda to confirm that she had authorised the change. I sent many emails to Agoda and the reply I got was that the Condo refused to change. I repeatedly told them I had the approval from Ms Jane but they kept coming back with the same excuse. It was very obvious that it was Agoda Customer Service staff who had refused to help me yet lied that it was the Condo who would not accede to my request. This is totally unacceptable as they were blantantly lying!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Faith S

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We booked a 3 bedroom apartment from 8 till 11 Aug 2013. Accommodation is a condominium with apartments available to the public for rent (think service apartments). Huge pool with well equipped gym. No breakfast but there is an Italian restaurant within (Modestos) where you can get your meals. Location is along Jalan Ampang and easily a 5 minute drive to KLCC and 10 mins to Bukit Bintang. There's a mall within a 5 min walk with Cold Storage supermart and lots of good cafes. Overall, apartment was big with well furnished rooms. Security was excellent and very friendly but responsible. Overall, a great stay for large families with good rates.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family