“Gem of a hotel”

Ranked #15 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Gem of a hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Where were you when I was doing my monthly trips up to KL till last year? This hotel is classy, quirky and excellently located at KL Sentral. Transport to other parts of the city centre is easily accessible given that the hotel is next to the transport hub that is KL Sentral. With a mega mall still being rolled out (at time of our visit, maybe only 20% are opened), it fixes all the issues relating to dining, shopping etc. The rooftop swimming pool was cool and the little one certainly enjoyed the splash-a-round in the evenings. The Xbox360 at the lobby was also very entertaining for the kids. Staff were all courteous and helpful and more importantly all cheery and smiley!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank aiklim
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hi aiklim,

Thanks for your “Gem of a hotel” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and I am happy to read that you like our jet set style.

Even better to read that the hotel talent were able to delight & deliver.

Give us a-buzz on your next KL stay-cation so that we can continue to a-muse you.

live.life.aloft,

Paolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at Aloft KL with my family from 14th - 16th June at a high floor in this hotel. I am a SPG member and selected Aloft as it is a new hotel of the group in KL. We were very pleased with the attention and service that we received from the hotel staff. The rooms were clean, the hotel has a nice modern decor and the breakfast had good choices. The rooftop pool was a great place to relax in hot KL weather and bar offered nice selection of drinks. Kids can play xbox (in the lobby) and billiards near the Nook bar. The staff were very responsive as I left my bagpack and dispatched it to my overseas address with a lot of care. Thank you especially to Rose. Great value for the rate we paid, we has a great stay and would defintely come back again.

Room Tip: High Floors with a view to residential area offer unblocked views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank arcay_sg
Hi arcay_sg,

Thanks for your “Excellent Hotel for stay in KL” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Good to read that you liked the bright & bold design of aloft.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver and I am very happy to read that Rose went out of her way to assist you. I will definitely recognize her for her extra effort.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I loved the deliberately different, modern feel to this hotel. I stayed here on a brief overnight foray into KL between flights and I wish I could've stayed longer! As I arrived late the 'King' room that I had booked was sold out so I was upgraded to a duplex suite and it was amazing. I loved the furniture and design and really appreciated the added touch of the locally-inspired wall art. The shower was good, bed comfy and all of my needs were catered for. My room was on the 29th floor facing out to the back of the building and the view was great although I guess the front-facing rooms are more impressive.

I didn't have time to go for a swim in the beautiful rooftop pool but nipped up to check out the view of the skyline and was impressed by the vantage point. The bars seemed busy even on a Tuesday night too - great atmosphere!

A particular highlight for me was the breakfast which was delicious and had a good mix of local fare and international favourites. The fresh sambal and pea curry went down well with me! Service at breakfast was friendly and attentive.

I was welcomed warmly while checking in and out and all of the staff that I encountered were as friendly as they could have been. This is possibly my favourite hotel experience yet! Thanks Aloft KL team and keep up the good work :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JSW390
Hi Jimmy390,

Thanks for your “Fun, Friendly and Inspired!” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and I am happy to see that you liked our modern jet set style.

Great to see that you liked our Sweet Suite upgrade and the selection at our breakfast chefs@pla-station.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here and the attention to detail to ensure our stay was memorable cannot be faulted.

Firstly, location is directly opposite KL sentral making it ideal for quick trips around city.

The service is first rate. Everybody welcomes you with a smile and they try to remember you. I guess it always helps if your smiling and polite as well.

It is a trendy modern hotel with imacs, xbox, and loads of lounging space in ground floor.

No expense has been spared in its design, needs to be seen to be appreciated.

Breakfast buffet is plenty and full of variety including local and continental cuisine and includes dishes cooked on the spot. Bit pricey but wife loved it!

We booked aloft room which had a cool design, quite spacious with great view. Room comes with toilteries, coffee cafetiere, ice bucket, fridge, safe box.
Bed was comfortable and the cleanliness 1st class.

Gym was fresh smelling and had all the equipment you will need unless your pumping serious Iron. Its also open 24hr!
Didn't get to sample pool but looks good.

To be fair I must say the tour desk was little awkward to deal with sometimes and as with all hotels you pay a premium for their service.

Overall though a great hotel experience to be recommended for all.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Khweiriano,

Thanks for your “The modern future of hotels” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

I am happy to read that you like the jet set style of the hotel.

Good to read that you like our breakfast chefs@play-station, even better to read that the hotel talent were able to delight & deliver.

Give us a buzz on your next KL stay-cation so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Truly enjoyed my stay here

This is a newish establishment in KL - 16 months or so in operation according to their bellboy

It's new. Trendy and feels very hip. Well designed and has the cool factor to it.

The staff were just great. From reception to check out we had no problems. The rooms were even better although as some had mentioned that two luggage racks would help (at least stored somewhere in the room).

We had a great view of the KLCC tower and KL tower with a little block from some construction happening. However, it was still good nevertheless.

The pool was great - infinity pool on the rooftop and the lobby lounge was easy to use. The hotel is well located - KL sentral and only a train ride away from KLIA. Easy to find by car and easy to park too.

Did not have any meals here this time but visited the restaurant nook and again there was a design feel to it.

The bed was very nice and had a great sleep. There was a cool head board for the urban rooms with Malaysian contemporary paintings which I truly enjoyed.

To me the best part was that this hotel was essentially almost smoke free. You were only allowed to smoke in outside or at the roof top at specially designated areas. This is a major change for hotels in Malaysia and most of Asia. So if you support the cause or have medical conditions which can be aggravated by tobacco smoking, this is your hotel.

Room Tip: Probably not the best place for smokers but still worth a visit if you're ok smoking at the desi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi ViciousTravelling,

Thanks for your “Brilliant” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its good to read that you like our bright & bold modern style.

The hotel talent work hard t delight & deliver and its great to get the feedback when we do so.

I am happy to read that you support our smoke free initiative.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff and facilities exceeded my expectations when hosting business meetings, the rooms where well equipped and the food served was great.

The rooms are bare and clean looking (but not 'clean,' housekeeping can do a better job), but is not lacking the essentials. I even like the dispenser for soap and shampoo since what they have is of a better quality than what most 5-star hotels have.

Bored? There is a bar at the concourse level and another one at the rooftop which sadly, close quite early, but there is a pool table downstairs if you really want to stay up late.

The location cannot be beat and the limited food choices has been redeemed by the new mall beside the hotel aptly named NU Sentral (Sushi Tei is a gem of a Japanese restaurant).

ALOFT Hotels have a specific design philosophy that may not appeal to all, but the lively public spaces and space age bathrooms on the 1st floor are worth a stay.

• Stayed June 2014
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hi ermsscram,

Thanks for your “Quirk all around, great for business and vacations” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great to read that you like our bright & bold style. Glad that overall you had an easy breezy stay. I have read your comments for improvement and will share this with the team so that we can do better. Sorry we missed the mark.

Give us a-buzz on your next trip so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed 8th to 10th June, check in and out was speedy. Rooms is nice with 8th pillows :-).
Next to Sentral with mall, and easy access to anywhere in KL. Good buffet breakfast, and coffee.
Minor Set back,
i) Have to make coffee in toilet, poor room design,
ii) MIni bar is not cool enough, Spoiled my Baskin Robin's ice cream. My mistake for not complaining, but if the manager is doing his or her job well, this will nit happen. I wish to request refund for my ice cream.
Major set back;
House keeping did not even bother to make up the room, at 7pm the room look the same when I left it at 9am.

Room Tip: Roof top pools and bar - with Great KL night view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi Shang18,

Thanks for your review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Glad to read that overall we were able to delight & deliver. I have read your comments about our mini-bar and would like to point out that this is a type of refrigerator and is not designed to store ice cream which is meant to be store in a freezer.

Either way sorry we missed the mark.

Give us a-buzz on your next stay in KL, I would be happy to personally buy you a tub of ice cream.

Live.Life.Aloft