“Excellent & Clean”

Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral
Ranked #17 of 353 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed 1 night whilst on stopover heading to Vietnam. We arrived at 9.30am not expecting to be checked in but the staff were fabulous and checked my family of 4 in straight away. King bed for the wife came I and 2 singles for the kids. Clean & tidy. Great pool upstairs. Close to KL Sentral, monorail etc.... Nu Central Mall next vdoor, Little India 2 mins away. Great place to stay. Will stay again and highly recommend to others. Great service & great breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Hi BigTone72,

Thanks for your “Excellent & Clean” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great to read that you like our bright & bold modern space.

Great to see that you had an easy breezy check in and the hotel talent were were a+!

Give us a-buzz on your next KL stay-cation so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Paolo

Write a ReviewReviews (3,435)

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have been to this hotel a couple of times; for meetings at their function rooms, breakfast and lunch, and overnight stay. And until now, I have no complaint.

Function room; well stocked with drinking water, coffee, tea, coke, candies, stationaries, etc. Attentive and smart staff they have (unlike some other hotel's staff, cannot even understand simple English). Absolute love their tea break's treats. Unique and delicious.

Rooms; reception staff was so cool, checking in and out was fun with all their small talks, and most importantly, their small talks are genuine! Not like some repetitive stuff they teach you at staff training. They are observant to details which made me feel appreciated. Rooms are spacious with a lot of attention to details; they even have a coffee press!

Nook; the restaurant on the hotel's 1st floor is also another blast! Staff were very Very VERY attentive. Once I laid down my cutlery, they are there to collect the empty plates. Super cool. Good food, plenty variety, absolute delish! Love the orange juicer.

Location; perfect! I came and left on a plane. This hotel is perfectly located in the middle of town, yet just opposite of the KLIA express station. Checked out, cross the road and I'm in the station to catch my train to the airport. It's THAT convenient.

Hi Aslina Teo,

Thanks for your “Vibrant & yummy!” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great to see that you like our modern jet set style.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver and its great to read that we have been consistently done so.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

As close as I have gotten to a perfect 10 yet. From the friendly staff, to the laid back open spaces to a relaxing evening on the rooftop bar. The free wifi, spacious rooms and of course the location is perfect for business and holiday travelers. A whole new experience for me staying in a hotel like this, and I loved it. Keep up the good work and it will be the only logical choice on my next trip to KL!

Hi Onlynumbers,

Thanks for your “The most refreshing experience.” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver and its looks like we have done so.

Glad to read that you love aloft's jet set style.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for three nights and cannot rate it highly enough. From the delicious, complimentary beverage upon arrival to the professional and friendly check out, it was a pleasure.

The service we received from Muthu upon check in was exemplary, he recommended some great places to go and gave us an overwhelming amount of information about the hotel and Malaysia in general. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and professional and nothing was too much hassle.

The only downside was the laundry service and the buffet was a little bit costly. It cost us just over 200 ringgit for 3 t shirts a pair of shorts and some socks and undies (the underwear were 11 ringgit each!)

The buffet in the hotel (though we could have eaten a la carte if we wanted) did have a great range of food options for dinner, though the breakfast was less impressive, with some undercooked sausages making for a disappointing morning.

The location was ideal, with all forms of transport and a brand new shopping complex CONNECTED to the building so you don't even need to experience the Malaysian heat if you don't want to. We also wandered down to Little India which is only a 10 minute walk away for some delicious dinner at one of the curry houses down there.

The rooms themselves were very spacious and comfortable (we were in a deluxe king room) with lots of space and good views. The usual amenities, and it was very clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jwilks207

Hi jwilks207,

Thanks for your “Loved it!” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

aloft is different by design and its great to read that you liked our bright & bold modern space.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver and its great to read that Muthu was A+! I will definitely recognize him for his efforts.

I have read your comments about the breakfast and will share this with the culinary team so that we can do better. I am sorry we missed the mark on that one.

Give us a-buzz on your next KL sentral stay-cation so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Aloft is part of the SPG chain hotels and makes a great business hotel for short to mid term travelers in KL.
Location is great as you get the KLIA express train down to KL Sentral which is hardly 7 mins walks to the hotel.
I've stayed in Le Meridian often which is on the other side of the KL Sentral station and most of the times we stayed in Le Meridian due to its easy access to and fro from the airport. Aloft offers the same convenience at a more reasonable pricing!

Rooms are very basic but large. Bed isn't as comfortable as Le Meridian but cleanliness is matched overall.

Wi-fi is free which is a good saving comparing to Le Meridian's RM 45/day. However do watchout for the connection strength at times. some floors doesn't have strong reception but they will quickly fix it by setting up another router in your room- I strongly recommend to give a call to their IT desk if your wi-fi signal is weak.

Breakfast is very very basic.. but then thats the whole concept. Le Meridian would set you back by RM65++ for breakfast.

The only reason I gave 1 less star is because the price difference between Le Meridian and Aloft wasn't all that much as I'd expect for a 'lower cost' hotel with basic amenities.

Cheers
Raj

Room Tip: Not all higher floors have strong Wi-fi, check that before finalizing the room.
1  Thank Raj C
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your “Good basic hotel. Large clean rooms, free internet & location away from KL traffice” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Glad to read that overall the hotel talent were able to delight & deliver.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

i feel this is a super excellent hotel for people who are travelling.

having come to kuala lumpur often, i get stuck hoping a reliable taxi would get me from my accommodation sometimes in kuala lumpur or petaling jaya to kl sentral on time as traffic and delays all play part and i have nearly missed a flight a couple of times.

With aloft kl sentral, it is super convenient as they have the hotel just a stone throw's away from the check in counter at kl sentral if you travel by malaysia airlines, emirates, cathay etc. you can check in your baggage, get your boarding pass, go for swim on the infinity pool, have a bit of lunch, even go to klcc if you have more time and still be in time for your flight.

I also enjoyed the design of the rooms with it;s emphasis on interior space and having a large desk with TV in a particular angle makes it easier to pack and unpack.

only drawback was the HDMI and wifi reliablity but overall it was a very good hotel.

you can check the pics on my instagram

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Hi melbournian888,

Thanks for your “best acommodation for people looking to transit” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Glad to read that the hotel talent were able to delight & deliver an A+ experience.

I have read your comments about the HDMI and all our TV are HDMI ready. I have also shared your comments about WIFI with our IT Jedi so that we can do better.

Give us a-buzz on your next trip so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently stayed at Aloft for 1 night for a function that I'd organised in their ballroom and decided to have my family stay with me to enjoy Mother's Day together the following day. Firstly, the functions team were great to deal with before and during the event. Very professional, excellent facilities, nothing too much trouble for them. Secondly, our hotel room was set up ready for my 4 year old when we arrived with a special bed and play tent which she was delighted with. Room had a very comfy bed, modern decor and facilities that catered for everything. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast the following morning and then loved our time by the lovely swimming pool overlooking the city. The bar next to the pool looked pretty cool too. Staff were super friendly and happy to help with anything. Location is across the street from arrivals/departures at KL Sentral Station, so it's easy to access directly from the airport, and it's a quick trip into the city centre. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014

Hi Moninkl,

Thanks for review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral. I am very happy that the hotel talent have “Exceeded expectations all round! Really enjoyed our stay!”.

Aloft is different by design and its great to read that we were able to delight & deliver.

Glad to read that your your daughter liked our camp aloft.