“So so...”

Ranked #14 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
George Town, Malaysia
“So so...”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

someone has brought up my expectation i guess, but it's really so so...
in the sentral, good if you want to take the train, otherwise somewhere close to mall will be more convenient... funky lobby design, kinda unique here in Malaysia, kinda cool... room deco is a bit retro + local comics drawing... overall is good, but not the best...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kelly T
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hi Kelly T,

Thanks for your "So so..." review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

I was happy to read that you liked the bright & bold design of the hotel. I have also noted your comments with regard to location and lack of access to a shopping center. The Nu Sentral lifestyle mall is scheduled to open up early 2014.

The team work hard to delight & deliver and I am sorry that we missed the mark. I am happy that despite our short coming you still rated us 4 out of 5.

Paolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Aloft is just a 25 minute ride on the KLIA Express from KL's international airport. When you get off in KL Sentral, there is a sign for the Aloft with an arrow pointing you in the (supposedly) right direction, but it was misleading and I ended up on the other side of the train station instead. I let the front desk know when I finally got to the hotel that they need to improve their directions!

Check in is quick and efficient The lobby area is quite big, with a bar, pool table, internet area, etc. Rooms are quite spacious and I was upgraded to a room with a beautiful view of the PETRONAS Towers in the background. Bathroom toilet/shower areas were well thought out and the entire room was decorated quite nicely.

While the lobby had a party atmosphere to it (loud music, etc.) as part of the Aloft marketing strategy, the rooms were very peaceful and quiet, and I was able to get a very good night's sleep. The rooftop pool was amazing with spectacular views of the city. They have a nightly party at the pool area and even during the day, there was a DJ playing electronic music.

The buffet breakfast was very impressive as well, in particular the freshly squeezed juices. There was also an omelet station and a nice selection of hot/cold foods - both international and Asian.

Starwood should be very proud of the management of this hotel. For a new hotel, it's a very well-oiled operation and I'd highly recommend it if staying in Kuala Lumpur.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a view of the PETRONAS Towers.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Matthewfromct
Hi matthewfromct,

Thanks for your “Great location, great staff, great rooms” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great to see that you like the bright & bold modern space.

Good to see that you enjoyed our breakfast chefs@play-station.

I have noted your comments with regard to signage within KL sentral station and we have been coordinating with local authorities to get this done.

Give us a-buzz if your travels take you back to the heart of KL sentral so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Extremely convenient address. The hotel service at the buffet restaurant is great and it is a pleasure to find the executive chef checking on the details and food satisfaction unfortunately we cannot say the same about the rooftop which is a little disorganized and to get a sunbed it is almost an impossible task since there is no-one to assist you. The reception team is average and they need more training specially in regards of recommendations. Overall it was a good experience and I am looking forward to be back and see some improvements.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hi Bujin86,

Thanks for your “Great location!” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Great to read that you liked nook our all day dining venue and that you had the opportunity to interact with Steven our Chef.

I have read your comments about our Aloha Desk team and Splash pool and I am sorry that we missed the mark. I will share you comments with the team so that we can do betterr.

Give us a-buzz when you plan your next trip to KL so that we can a-muse you with more positive changes.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Cheap(ish), chic, new, clean, and the pool is to die for. I love how the furnishings in the room are pretty "designer" and good quality too. Absolutely a steal for the price-point. 3 of us slept in the basic room (with 2 queen beds). It was lovely!

Especially awesome if plan to travel to other parts via KL Sentral. I didn't get to swim in the pool or hang out by the bar this time, but I'm determined to go back and try it out!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Zi Jie T
Hi whimsical16,

Thanks for your “Fantastic” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft is different by design and its great to read that you like the bright & bold modern space.

Look forward to seeing you back in the heart of KL sentral soon.

Paolo

PS. check out the panoramic views of the KL skyline from our tiki moderne Mai Bar on the roof!
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Staff

On arrival at Aloft KL Sentral we we're welcomed by Ophilia at reception. She is fantastic! It wasnt the warm welcome, friendly smile or caring attitude that was impressive (this is to be expected from the brand), but more so the fact that she had welcomed my parents who arrived 4 hours earlier, and changed their room as to be on the same floor. This very small attention to detail was carried out through our entire stay at Aloft.

The breakfast was wonderful with such a wide variety of choices to suit every pallet. Most importantly, the staff once again matched the high standard of cuisine being served at the buffet. The Chefs made the perfect omelette to order, and quickly replaced any item that was running out, or had been sitting for too long. The wait staff including the Food and Beverage Manager - I'm sorry I dont have her name - was great. Maron was also pleasure to see every day and all staff took the time to speak with us, and to make sure our children were happy. I seriously cannot praise them enough - they made the holiday.

Facilities

Pool - With awesome views across KL to the Petronas and Menera, this was the children's favourite place. Lovely lunch served by wait staff, as was the cigar and rum in the late evening. Yes the food and beverage prices can seem a little high, but when your sitting on top of a great hotel with a beautiful pool overlooking the city, you can understand why. Alternatively if you don't like the prices, you can go into KL Sentral across the road with the million other people and have McDonalds.

Gym - although small, it has every equipment necessary to keep up your fitness and is kept immaculate. Water, and towels were always on hand with the facilities extremely clean.

There are so many other nice aspects to this modern hotel, but spelling them out for you is not going to do the hotel, staff, or yourself justice. Go and stay there and you'll be amazed.

Location

Aloft is literally across the road from KL Sentral. We caught a bus from KL Airport and once we stopped at Sentral, we strolled 100m to the hotel. The great thing about Aloft's location, is how central it is to everything. Numerous times we caught the MRT to Petronas for RM1.60 one way, which took all of 15-20 minutes. Other times we caught a taxi to Menara tower and it cost RM50 for 4 adults and 2 children. KL Sentral station has every fast food, convenience, ATM and everything else under the sun. If your travelling on some international airlines, I believe you can also check in there as well.

I cant really praise this place enough. The reason we choose Aloft was because the price was excellent, the location was convenient, and it was a new hotel. I have stayed at the Sheraton Imperial, Palace of the Golden Horses and other places whilst in KL, but Aloft takes the cake. Its has a high quality feel, look and service of the 5 star hotels, without any of the associated pretentiousness.

You will not be disappointed, and make sure when you book your room, you include breakfast!

Thanks Aloft for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hi papua13,

Thanks for your “Top Quality, Great Location, Fantastic Staff” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

I was very happy to read that the hotel talent were able to delight and deliver.

The team works hard to engage its guests and its great to get the feedback when we do so. In this day and age when a good job goes often unsaid it is heartening to see that there are still those that take the time to recognize a job well done. I will share your thoughts with Ophilia, Maran, Rose and the team.

Give us a-buzz on when you next make plans to visit KL so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

New and Nice hotel with great friendly and easy going staff also known as 'Talents'. Truly had a very comfortable stay with my 2 year old girl who enjoyed playing in a tent provided by the hotel in our rooms.

Rooms clean nice and we stayed in the Breezy suite. Very convenient location just a stone throw away from the major Metro station.

Room Tip: Higher floors and corner rooms whenever possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Hi enochdude,

Thanks for your “Best Talents (Staff)” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Great to read that you had an easy breezy stay in one of our Breezy Suites.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver and its great to hear it when they make a guest stay special. Great to see that your 2 year enjoyed the Camp Aloft!!

Give us a-buzz your next visit to the heart of KL sentral so that we can continue to a-muse you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended this hotel by my uncle and I was wowed by the warm welcome I got as soon as I checked in.

All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, especially Tanusha. They all went an extra mile to make our stay memorable and enjoyable.

Centrally located - so travelling is very easy.

The buffet breakfast had a wide selection which helps you set out for the day.

All in all I would say it is an excellent choice for a visit to KL.

• Stayed November 2013
Hi19AS,

Thanks for your “Perfection” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

The hotel talent works hard to delight & deliver and its great to get the feedback when we have done so. I am delighted that Tanusha went out of the way to make your stay special. I will definitely recognize her for delivering an A+ experience. In this day and age when good work goes often up-praised its fantastic to see that there are still those that take the time to recognize a job well done.

If your travels take you back to the heart of KL sentral, give us a-buzz so that we can continue to a-muse you.