“Great location for solo trip to K.L!”

Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral
Ranked #15 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My stay at Aloft can be summed up in three words: Trendy, Convenient and Streamlined. Take advantage of this promotions and stay at this growing hotel chain (part of the Starwood group), perfect for those who embrace social media. The hotel is across the street from main train station. Convenient to get to the airport and around the city. Airport transfer is a breeze. What separate this hotel from the usual practices is the the front desk is in the round within a few feet of the front door with a staff uniformed in white shirts and jeans. You almost do not recognize the staff because of the casualness. There is plenty of meeting spaces in the lobby which included an interactive dance and karaoke section, bar with pool table. The elevators have flat screens the loop pop videos. Will.i.am, Robin Thicke, Christina Aguiliera. This should give you an indication of their target customers. Many conference rooms available. There is no mini-bars in the rooms only empty refrigerators. You can buy items in the lobby at their mini-store. The rooms are large with modern furnishing. The bed is ridiculously lush and comfortable. The entire hotel appears to have complete wifi access. The bathroom is outfitted with Bliss products. There is a rooftop bar with infinity pool and a lovely view of KL. The hotel staff left a special birthday snacks in my room of cakes, candy and marshmallow. I will definitely consider returning to this chain if I can take advantage of another promotion. Lovely staff.

Room Tip: The rooms on the high floors have the better views
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Hi Djeanette,

Thanks for your “Great location for solo trip to K.L!” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

aloft is different by design and I was happy to read that you like our jet set style. Belated happy birthday!! I was happy the hotel talent were able to delight & deliver an a+ experience for you. Also that you like our aloft brand platform bed and Bliss Spa products.

If your travels take you back to the heart of KL sentral, give us a-buzz so that we can continue to a-muse you.

There are newer reviews for Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We family of 4 stay 2 nights (12 sep)in this hotel during our school vacation. Great location as it is just above the airport bus terminal. ( we were quite worried that we may a hard time locating it as we don't have the exact address). The hotel staff directed us to the lobby upon seeing us in luggages. We were given level 24 as we requested "higher floor" in our booking. Thank you for the nice arrangement.

It is a great hotel in KL city as compare to others aged hotel that lack furnishing. But I personally find that the room is llack of coziness as compare to another chain of hotels in other city.

Just now when I used the hair dryer, I notice there is a tag " if you decided to take this home with you, it will be charged 200rm", which I think it is offensive to the user. Some hotels will print the cost of lost items in a small checklist in the drawer instead.
Also, the water tap design is no good, it will splash onto your clothing when turning on.

But overall, it is a great choice with a steal as compare to others hotel that we have stayed in KL city. The staff in this hotel was extremely friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hi Angie_Ang,

Thanks for your "Style at a steal" review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

The team works hard to delight & deliver an a+ experience and it looks like we have done so on this occasion.

The location at the hotel in the heart of KL's transport hub is a great advantage for us.

I have read your additional comments about the styling of the room and this design is done by the Rockwell group (same as W Hotels) in over 70+ properties worldwide. We do understand however that this jet set style may not be for everyone.

Glad to read that the hotel talent were able delight & deliver.

If your travels take you back to the heart of KL Sentral give us a-buzz so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Value for money compared to other Starwood hotels around Kuala Lumpur.

Futuristic room setting which very much remind me of hard rock.

Room service is affordable and good.

Hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Location was strategic as it was right beside KLIA express transit train.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Hi Alvin C,

Thanks for your “Good experience on first visit” review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

It was great to read that you liked the urban different by design feel of the hotel. The team works hard to delight & deliver and it looks like we have done so.

Give us a-buzz when you plan your next adventure to the heart of KL Sentral.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed for three nights recently - the location is at Sentral Station (which is very handy when you have an early morning flight from KLIA- you can check your luggage in at Sentral Station - it is a two minute walk from the hotel). To find the hotel locate the sign for the Hilton and Le Meridien Hotels and head in the opposite direction.
The rooms are quite big, nicely furnished, with superfast internet access, some nice TV channels, spacious bathroom and a very nice gym. I also liked that the hotel is
non-smoking, so no chance of getting a room smelling of stale smoke. The staff is friendly and efficient and I think this hotel represents very good value for money - I will definitely be returning.
This hotel is not right in the heart of the shopping districts (such as Bukit Bintang and KLCC) but it is only about 15 minutes by monorail and I much prefer to stay in this area.

Room Tip: If you are frightened of heights ask for a room on the lower floors at the time of booking
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Hi libica,

Thanks for you “Great Value, excellent location, loved it”

Great to read that you loved the hotel. The location in the heart of KL's transportation hub is a great advantage. And yes you can breathe easy at aloft because we strive to maintain a smoke free environment.

Early next year a the lifestyle shopping centre will open next door so you will be right next to KLs newest shopping area.

Glad to read as well that you liked our Fast & Free internet and Re:charge gym.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been in KL many times before but this is the first time I stayed in this hotel. I arrived last Monday at KLIA and got the aiport taxi (74.30MYR) which took me about 45minutes to get to the hotel.
It would have been better if I took the KLIA Express because the train station is just across the hotel and much cheaper.
This hotel is modern and sleek. The bedroom is just right with 2 double beds and housekeeping does a very good job. The walk-in closet is very nice as well.
Their gym is open 24hours and the hotel has small infinity pool and bar at roof deck. The ballroom at the 2nd floor and meeting rooms at 3rd floor are great.
The restaurant 'Nook' at the 1st floor did not have much variety of food for breakfast. I like the Re-fuel station near the front desk where the items for mini-bar are.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business meetings.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

HI Tin_Estacio,

Thanks for your "Modern and Sleek" hotel review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

aloft if different by design and its was great to read that you liked the modern bright & bold space.

Great to read that you liked our Splash pool with its panoramic views of KL and our Re:fuel 24/7 grab & go. Our Nook breakfast chef @ play-station is designed for the jet set traveller provides breakfast basics with an aloft tWist.

If your travels take you back to KL give us a-buzz so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel is a best hotel among the hotel i been.The staff of Aloft is very friendly and helpful which from the check in staff to the others all service team.T he room and facilities in the hotel are wonderful,comfortable & big enough for family stay.

The breakfast team at NOOK is fantastic.They are very cheerful & welcoming for every guest.Especially the girl at nook (yvonne), she is very cheerful, pretty, fresh in the early morning that greet every guest with the sweet smile. She help me to arrange the teh tarik for every morning when i having the breakfast which i been told her before i so disappointed that can't find the teh tarik in the second day at the buffet area.

This was the hotel i never regret to stay again.

Room Tip: service is the best of the best
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

HI 471clee,

Thanks for your "fabulous hotel" review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

aloft is different by design and I was happy to read that you were able to feel the difference. The hotel talent works hard to delight & deliver an a+ experience and it great to see that we have done so.

Glad that you enjoyed the jet-set breakfast at Nook our dining venue.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The first impression of Aloft KL was not so good as I found the curtain of my room lying on the floor when I entered my room.
There was no phone in the room, so I have to go out to ask for help. It took about 30 mins to fix the problem and we were very tired after 5 hours of flight.
The air-con is very noisy, and because of the design of king room, the air-con is very close to the bed. So I hardly slept in the room.
But the breakfast, the swimming pool, friendly staff made up for the curtain and air-con.
Next time I go to KL, I would like to book a double bed room in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

HI mengmeng0307,

Thanks for your review of aloft kuala lumpur setnral.

I was pleased to read that overall you rated us 5stars. The hotel talent works hard to delight & deliver and its looks like we have done so on this occasion. I have read your comments about the condition of the room and will share this with our Re:fresh team. Thanks for sharing your concerns because this will help us a new hotel to make things better. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If your travels take you back to the heart of KL Sentral, give us a-buzz so that we can a-muse you.